[GUIDE] - Mundo - How did u kill me so fast!??!??!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Jester

05-08-2010

Decent build sorta similar to what I do. I almost always go spirit visage/starks fervor, then the one i didn't get, then last whisper.

Fanden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

I really enjoy this guide its helped me pwn face hard...

but i am having troubl with some spell casters Ie. Ryze cause there isn't any magic resist found in the item build i was wondering if adding a force of nature before the 2nd phantom dancer would be a good idea or maby a different item?

RedRiotRage

05-18-2010

So when'll you add masteries?

Lancezh

05-31-2010

First of all, i love this build. Damagemundo really is the only way to play. However i encounterd several Problems with that build:

1. Low survivability till lvl 14/15, if the enemyteam has an Ashe / Karthus (fed even worse, with his ult, my own ult doesnt react fast enough to prevent a death) / Ezreal - you will be likely to die alot till high lvls. Happens to me at least. Even with Merc Treads (and the adding MR) that is!

2. I rarely get kills till the first Phantomdancer is finished if at all. Squishies in my Skillrange (whereever that is) are not easily ganked...due to Survivabilityproblems most of the times i have to retreat before getting the final blow.

3. Lack of armor penetration i really miss a Last Whisper in here... without runes its a MUST imho.

I for me have changed the starting buildorder to the following.

1. Heart of Gold (makes you be able to spam your abilities far more)
2. Heart of Gold (after this one i can farm ALOT better with "W")
3. Boots lvl 1
4. Follow Buildorder of this Guide (sell Heart of Gold if you lack money, plus you wont need them after you have 2 Phantom Dancer)

in 99% of the cases i dont end up with a positive Score when trying to be aggressive in Early / Mid Game without survivability Items.

Kilroy

05-31-2010

I enjoyed reading your guide, but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I want to offer some comments that are based on mostly playing Mundo on TT. I haven't played him on SR much yet.

On TT, I find that going tank makes Mundo indestructible. I suspect it's because in a 3v3 game you don't really need a tank with the CC capabilities that you would need in 5v5, so Mundo does great with his insane health (and health regen) and decent damage. Here's an example of a Mundo build that I use against a balanced team:

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Dr.+M...540882bc09f965

Early game, I start with 800hp. Combined with the cleaver that gets my team first blood in about three out of four games, just because nobody targets me but I can do damage and slow.

I mostly agree with you about the laning phase.

But with my build you will effectively be indestructible late game. You might reply, "great, but you don't do a lot of damage", which is true. With this build I do decent damage, but I can also tower dive every time and laugh because towers don't hurt me. I rely on my teammates to do the damage while I slow everybody or finish off stragglers who are silly enough to try to run from me. If anybody starts beating on my teammates, they get punished by a Mundo they cannot hurt.

This strategy has worked extremely well so far for me. It really makes Mundo feel like a "train", as a guide on Leaguecraft describes Mundo.

I'm eager to try out your build though and I will. Let me also repeat that I can't comment on 5v5 games because I don't have a lot of Mundo experience there.

Lofter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

I prefer dodge mundo, I have 9-21-0 + ninja tabi + dodge runes + phanton dancers, I usually get 40+ dodge which is really nice. add that to your crits and you're godly, but the one thing that sucks about my build is the fact that I can't spam my skills. I end up with 30-50 hp regen and it can't keep up with my need to use my skills so the only time I ever use my ult is to regain my hp to spam skills, I rarely use it during or after a fight or gank.

DramaticBear

06-06-2010

Because turning around and critting that teemo for 1k dmg is that satisfying, even with only 4 items

Romoth

06-07-2010

I just wanted to point out to some of the posters above that IMO the best way to play him is as a guerrilla warrior. Your job is not to tank and is not to stand there getting beat on. Your greatest strength is that you can run out of a team fight, and be almost full health within about 15 - 20 seconds depending on when you last popped your ult.

I usually go D Shield/Spirit Visage/Emblem Valor/Zeal/Finish Stark's/Sunfire Cape (if the game is still going).

I can't claim credit for that btw, I love Roku's live stream .

But since I changed up my play-style to focus on being able to hit and VERY quickly return to the fight with full life I've had positive scores. (I've JUST started getting into this position if you look at how many times I've played him).

I'm definitely not a mundo-master, but it's made it easier to get kills, etc.

Just my point of view on him.

DisposableHer0

06-17-2010

I assume this is more for 5v5 than 3v3?

myrmidon

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableHer0 View Post
I assume this is more for 5v5 than 3v3?
this build works well in 3v3 as well.

I would personally add more HP somewhere though, like just buy a giant's belt before you buy a second PD.