best way to play mundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coyote balfour

04-24-2011

i decided to finally tank with the best or lose like the rest.

so i picked up mundo and im doing pretty well, but i dont make people feel that fear that ive felt seeing mundo speeding around doing whatever he wants.

i know mundo isnt a "tank" but he can be build as a tank, a dps, or a tanky dps.

ive build tank, dps and both but i never get that "mundo" feel.

Ayman The Great

04-24-2011

attack speed and crit chance and 1 tanky item just try it trust me

Wbs

04-24-2011

Builf tank at first and switch over to tanky DPS late game. two Warmongs, Merc/Tabi boots, Spirit Visiage, Atmas, and IE is very scary, and almost unstopable. Not in this order, btw. PROTIP: Mundo is at his best on the 3v3 map, Twisted Treeline.

coyote balfour

04-24-2011

of the 15 or so games i like spirit mercs then warmongs

after that its always up in the air. but ill try going starks then ghost blade?

Arisulane

04-24-2011

You need to get Warmogs BEFORE Spirit Visage. The healing from Visage is negligable if you don't have the health to really make use of it (both his passive and his ult are % health regen). I've never lost against Mundos who rush visage.

coyote balfour

04-24-2011

so warmog merc visage then depending on the team i usually go force of nature, thornmail, omen,
and now im thinking maybe i should build ghostblade or starks after the first 3

xSJx

04-26-2011

if you are going warmog merc visage, grab an atmas after merc treads or after spirit visage depending if you need the armor or mr. atma's and warmogs together are crazy.

The SHP

04-26-2011

depends on how you want to play him. I go with mostly tank (sunfire, merc, visage are nearly always in my build, the other two are pretty variable), and a frozen mallet. Charge into the enemies, get to the carry/caster/any squishy worth hitting and focus them.

Between mallet and cleaver slows, and your own high ms and cc reduction, they'll never get away, and the rest of the team will have to focus you down to get you off. And since mundo's single target damage is extremely high without items, you'll likely either kill or at least remove that primary target from the fight.

That's my preference with him, at least, after at least a thousand games using him

IS17000b2f5cb5ca

04-26-2011

1) Shield, boots, Warmog, mercurys, SV, ATMA, Green/red pot.
2) Pentakill as you please.

As the other guy said, rush warmog before SV, much better results. I find tank mundo way better than crit/as mundo, but it depends on the player rly

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

Mundo has a very low attack speed naturally. What this means is that the 50% AS you get from a phantom dancer on him will not get you as much raw attack speed as it does on many other melee champs like Yi for example. Hence, you dont want to go overkill on the AS.

Mundo also doesn't have a Dash or other means of initiation other than a modest slow from cleaver.

This means that he isn't as good of a right-click champ compared to Irelia or Olaf. Therefore he seems to be better when played more on the tanky side which takes better advantage of his skills.

Many hate Warmogs, but Ive found it is the best option on Mundo to start with Regen Pendant and get Warmogs fast. The health regen is extremely helpful early on, and it lets you build it up quicker. Mundo has enough offense early on that a Warmog won't gimp him (as opposed to Garen for example who really wants a Sunfire for better farming).

However after Warmogs you cannot neglect your resistances. Merc Treads will help your MR, and Spirit Visage is an ok choice too. I recommend an Aegis on top which puts you at a respectable 110ish MR and armor.

Then you can start looking at Ghostblade or Phantom Dancer for more offense.