Can't patch/start game, patcher resetting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivana

07-27-2009

I am also getting an install error when I try and open the patcher after I install. Tried running as admin and everything but no luck. I sent in the logs so I hope they are able to clear things up soon. Vista 64 bit home premium here. Might be a problem with us 64 bit users

Nosaj

07-28-2009

Same for me. I have submitted my logs with the Riot tool.

Attached is a screen shot of where it hangs and crashes every time. This was from patching from a clean reinstall. I uninstalled, deleted the game folders and then reinstalled to get the same errors again.

eXes

07-28-2009

Did you guys edit or move any gamefiles? For example the localization files? If yes you need to set it all back to normal or you cannot patch. If you dont have them anymore you have to fully reinstall.

Nosaj

07-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXes View Post
Did you guys edit or move any gamefiles? For example the localization files? If yes you need to set it all back to normal or you cannot patch. If you dont have them anymore you have to fully reinstall.
Not at all, this is all from a clean install on my work box. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled twice now. It always hangs on the patch from July 25 at 25-26%.

Rivana

07-28-2009

Didn't touch any of the game files. I completely uninstalled it once, and reinstalled but it still gave the unexpected error/reisntall application error.

Nosaj

07-28-2009

Uninstalled & reinstalled 3 times on my work box now to no avail.

I even re-downloaded the installer exe just to make sure my install file wasn't corrupted. I'm not sure if this is affecting it, but during install I get one warning, which I had to ignore in order to finish the install.

There was some discussion about it here:
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=2043

I've also attached an image of that warning.

George Washington

09-13-2009

Posted earlier about a problem, I've added the ports and such, but I'm attaching an image that shows the perpetual state my LoL loader stays in.

I hope my beta acct doesnt get deleted or something since I've been inactive for a while. I'm not able to play.