Can't patch/start game, patcher resetting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

beavertank

07-19-2009

I'm on the same bus, except it just freezes my entire computer, forcing me to hit the reset button after about 30 seconds of downloading one of the larger patches.

WizardsBaker

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavertank View Post
I'm on the same bus, except it just freezes my entire computer, forcing me to hit the reset button after about 30 seconds of downloading one of the larger patches.
+1
this is exactly what happens to me!

Sideswiped

07-20-2009

Same, can we please get this fixed?

yozilla

Development Director

07-20-2009

For everyone experiencing a patcher issue, we'd really like to get your logs. You can find our log submission tool from your start menu (Start -> All Programs -> Riot Games -> League of Legends -> Submit Error Logs) Please provide as much info as possible in the description, at a minimum explaining that you're having patcher issues. WIth your info, we should be able to sort this out very soon. In the meantime, we'll look at hostng a full installer so you can play.

Sideswiped

07-20-2009

Sent my report in. Yeah the patcher just shuts down after about the 3rd reset and never starts back up. It says it is already running when I try to run it again, but I check the Task Manager and it isn't.

beavertank

07-21-2009

Sent my log in earlier. Hope you guys fix it, I can't wait to play

Sideswiped

07-21-2009

Hopefully this gets fixed soon because no newcomer can even install the game correctly now.

beavertank

07-26-2009

I was having trouble patching before, where my whole computer would freeze when downloading the first big patch, but after I ran windows update it seemed to be fine. Then, when it went to download the next mid sized patch, it did the same freezing my whole computer thing. I pressed the reset button, ran windows and it seemed to be going good, but then I get a popup window that says "The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart this application." Every time I launch LoL that is what happens.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Sent my log in.

D3fender710

07-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavertank View Post
I was having trouble patching before, where my whole computer would freeze when downloading the first big patch, but after I ran windows update it seemed to be fine. Then, when it went to download the next mid sized patch, it did the same freezing my whole computer thing. I pressed the reset button, ran windows and it seemed to be going good, but then I get a popup window that says "The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart this application." Every time I launch LoL that is what happens.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Sent my log in.
I get this same error.

George Washington

07-27-2009

I'm not getting crashes, but I can't get downloads to start.
Is there a port forward issue or something? I've turned off my firewall and still no results as far as downloading patches is concerned.