Can't patch/start game, patcher resetting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoota

07-18-2009

So I excitedly double click the Play LoL icon after 4 hours of finding a way to get internet to work with campus wireless internet on the Windows XP side of my Mac.

The patcher opens up, says its getting something, then completely dissappears, then reappears and does the same thing again (this happens 2 or 3 times)... Then on the last time, it stops and says "Cannot connect to network. Please try again later."
EDIT: I just realized that the beta times actually start at 6pm EST...is that right/is that why its giving me this error?

Warskull

Adjudicator

07-18-2009

This could be two things. If it is your first time playing the game, give it a while. The patcher disappears, but in reality is still decompressing files in the background. It should still be in task manager and show some CPU usage and then re-appear after a while.

If it does not appear in task manager after abruptly disappearing it is a bug and you will not be able to patch.

Shoota

07-18-2009

Well now the off dissappearing/reappearing doesnt happen anymore...but instead it just stays at 0% , and gives me the "Unable to Connect to network" even though I am definitely online...

So I guess we can call this a bug?

Yoshi

07-18-2009

Yeah I have the same problem, it says it can't connect to the network whenever I open up the Launcher.

Shoota

07-18-2009

/cry
Is there a place we can just manually download the patch files?

Yoshi

07-18-2009

Lol yea that would be nice XD.

Hmm ima try google now... lol.

Well if you have a friend with LoL, you can get them to send it to you if they have AIM (since you can send like gigabytes of data through it) or something I guess.

Shoota

07-18-2009

If you find a solution, definitely post it here for me too! (or if you can AIM me the files if you find it, that would be amazing!)

Yoshi

07-18-2009

Lol alright Same for you please XD

WizardsBaker

07-18-2009

when i double click the LoL icon on my desktop to launch the game my computer hangs! i have to restart my computer.

im on windows vista 64bit home edition.

chibbiwon

07-19-2009

yah same issue im on ultimate 64 bit... mine stoped working a few weeks ago. Can we get a fix for this or a dev to look into the issue?