qq/Help against Gragas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poltergeist2397

03-02-2010

So, I've been playing against quite a few Gragas'es in my recent games, all ap naturally, and I've noticed something.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to successfully lane against him (for me).

All he does is roll barrels toward me, and they explode for ~1/8-~1/6 of my health. Every time. Yes, I've attempted to dodge all of them, but they roll so fast.

In addition, it's quite difficult to push him out of a lane after level 1. Due to his drinking-channeling-thing. Gives him mana, increases his armor, increases his damage. And it increases his health due to his passive.

So, how do I beat, or even survive against, him? Stop playing squishy characters (I main Sivir and occasionally Gangplank)? Stay far enough back that I get very little experience? Play super aggressively?

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2010

If you're sivir having range/laning problems against gragas... you're doing something wrong
your boomerang blade can do the same thing as his barrel and he has a huge hitbox and his barrel is slower than the boomerang + if he doesn't press the skill key again it doesn't explode, and it wont/can't explode until it reaches its target destination...
and as sivir you stay behind your creeps and spam those annoying bouncing blades anyways... you should be able to hang back and do more damage to him than he can do to you :|

Thann

03-02-2010

yeah i play gragas a lot... you need to get boots and try to dodge them barrels. most chars have escape/ move techniques use those i guess. its hard..

Shaky010

03-02-2010

Also most gargas will roll the barrel past you in hopes that you run away from them into it. Try running towards him when he does it and you will find more often than not it will miss you and you get some nice attacks on him.

Zodbones

03-02-2010

think what most people do by relfex is run away from the barrel and accidently have the barrel land on them
if you see a barrel rolling towards u going forwards might be the best option that way it gets behind and away from you faster rather than running backwards or sideways

Poltergeist2397

03-02-2010

@ Shaky010, Zodbones: Yeah, I came up with that idea during my last game against him, but never got to test it. I'll keep it in mind.