Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Malphite - mid god raping faces

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semog

03-02-2010

ok soo b4 yall start *****ing about how malphite shuldnt solo mid play a game with me and then say something...]

first guide and i would apreciate some feed back

Malphite, Shard of the Monolith
There is a world of perfect harmony, where all are part of the whole. The Monolith is the essence of all and its denizens are but singular pieces of the whole. Malphite has always strived to live up to his full potential as his own personal part of the whole, a distinguished creature questing to enforce the flawless vision of order. Then one day the dimensional rift opened and he was summoned across the cosmos to the world of Runeterra. At first outraged to be taken from the Monolith, Malphite quickly learned of this world's disharmony. There were those who sought to bring order out of chaos and it is they that summoned the rock-creature to aid them in this quest. It was a goal that Malphite could respect and one in which he could participate. Today he hammers those who would seek to upset Valoran's movement towards order, especially those that wield chaotic magic.

Malphite is a creature of rock, hard-hitting and extremely difficult to destroy. His hardened skin greatly reduces the effectiveness of enemy attacks. Malphite is a not a quick or agile creature, though woe betide those to whom he catches in his rocky grasp.

Beware, minions of chaos! The Shard of the Monolith has come.

1. Malphite's Skills:
[Passive] Granite Shield: When he spawns, Malphite acquires a damage shield which lasts until he takes 10% of his health in damage. If broken, it comes back after 10 seconds not being hit. this is the skill thats going to let u be mid and do well... i use this to try and get the hero to atack me and have my caster minion atack him in return and ill explain later

[Q] Seismic Shard: Malphite rolls a buzzsaw-looking rock shard at a target. The damage on this ability is not remarkable, but the combined effect of slowing the opponent and speeding Malphite up (both for 5 seconds) makes it dangerous anyway. It also has unusually long range (700) for a nuke.
ok this skill is ur bread and butter, malphite is mana hungry but if used right it sets u up for a easy kill

[W] Brutal Strikes: Malphite gains splash damage, and can activate this skill to gain a buff to his single-target damage, instead, for 6 seconds. While this is active, Malphite gains some orange glowing areas on his body.
great skill but in my build i leave it for last

[E] Ground Slam: Malphite gains a point-blank AoE that deals pretty respectable damage. This skill receives 70% of his armor as a bonus to said damage, which can really add up, and also slows enemies' attack speed by for 4 seconds, quite noticeably so when maxed out.
i dont really go for armor but malphite naturaly gains a pretty good amount of armor, and its AMAZING for farming

[R] Unstoppable Force: Malphite charges the target location, dealing a pretty good chunk of damage and causing knockup and stun for 2seconds, depending on level. Malphite can charge through trees / creeps / ice walls / cliffs with this, as well.
this along with his passive make him a god of mid, 90% of the time i get a kill as soon as i hit lvl 6 (within 30 secs)
i would have *** with this skill if i culd

2. Items:

REGROTH PENDANT FIRST ****ING ITEM OR DONT BOTHER PLAYING IT LIKE THIS

now that i have that out of the way the rest of the build doesnt matter to much what order u get it in for the most part, i like to stay in lane farming minions/champions untill i have enough for a warmog and complete it in one trip... now if for some reason u have to leave or get killed feel free to pick up boots (ninja/mercury only) parts of other items u will be making... give preference to parts with hp first

items i usualy make are
1. warmogs
2. ninja tabi/mercury threads
3.phage=>frozen mallet
3.banshees veil
(now both phage and veil are #3 because u get wich ever u need more atm use common sense)
5.atmas impaler (ok so u shuld have around 4k hp now wich means for the low low price of 2.4k u get crit chance and about +80 dmg wich if sick... now atmas i really only get a chance to make on ocasion but the items b4 it i usualy do complete and if u play malphite right and learn to last hit with him u shuld be able to complete them 2
6. honestly my games end b4 i need a 6th item but on the rare ocasions they last this long or i farm this much i got for a I.E.

3. Runes:

ok so for this build i c 2 viable rune option, and i will list them in the order i recomend them from best to worst
1. Pure Crit chance, this will make u a unbelivable farmer/harraser/killer early game and will become important again when u get ur atmas

2. mana regen & health regen, like i said earlier malphite is mana hungry so that would make ur life a little easier and also u can get the 475 hp gem instead of the regroth pendant first, but honestly i dont really recomend it, if u follow my advice u wont need the mana regen really and u would be getting the regroth pendant anyways for the warmogs so might as well get it first

4. Summoner Spells and Masteries:
ignite and exhaust... i really dont think i need to explain this... if u dont know y im sorry just leave the guide now

5.Masteries i recomend 21/0/9 but a 0/21/9 is viable just dont expect to get 3-5 kills by the 15min mark if u dont go 21/0/9

6. skill build
1.q
2.e
3.q
4.e
5.q
6.r
7.q
8.e
9.q
10.e
11.r
12.e
13.w
14.w
15.w
16.r
17.w
18.w
7. Strategy:

lvls 1-5. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME FOR YOU
being mid ur probly going to face ranged heroes, so u better learn to last hit a minion and then pull back again to u dont get destroyed and no regen thats going to help u if u suck at this, now starting at lvl 3 every time ur mana is above 400 or full throw i seismic shard at the other hero unless he will be able to regen it all back by the time u use it again and theres a reason to this u want ur mana to stay at atleast 300 when u ding lvl 6, now if u use ur passive corectly and trick a aponent to hitting u so ur minions hit them and uve been using ur seismic shard apropietly ur enemy shuld be at either 3/4 or 1/2 life when u lvl to 6, very few heroes will really be able to avoid it, also dont harras them pat 1/2 health unless u are sure u will get a kill, u do not want them scared of u or going back to heal yet,

lvls 6-11. now when u hit lvl 6 wait for the next wave of minions when ur enemy champ is hitting ur minions to farm them without a care in the world close to ur tower or atleast closer to urs than his is the time to attack the only heroes that will be able to survive this will be those with flash, start with ur ult ground slam seismic shar ignite and play whack a mole, even if they heal ignite will stop it from really mattering but that might make them be able to survive ur slow thats y u have exaust so u pop it afterwards and continue wailing on them untill they die, rinse repeat just eat ur oponent mid, honestly short of a very good twich/shaco/heim i c other heroes that try to mid with me as food. and best of all most people WILL underestimate a mid malphite idk how many times people have admited they they underestimated me.

lvls11+ ur not the absolute killing machine u were mid game unless u played early well and got urself fed u shuld have atleast a warmogs boots and started a banshees or frozen mallet by now, 75% thats where im at
at this point ur a ****ing beast of a tank and ur combo will still do a **** ton of dmg to squishys and u shuld be roaming and ganking every time ur ult is off cd and even when its not if u c a enemy at half health or less hes food ud be surprised how much dmg seismic shard/ground slam combo does even without any armor items

..... ok so im tireed of typing for now and ill be finishing up and updating later if i actualy feel like it, now im not saying this is the only way to play him but imo its the best way to play him as UBER TANK/semi-carry

Tornsoul

03-02-2010

Ok so your entire wall of text fails, if they bluepill to heal when your halfway through lvl 5...

god forbid they go and buy some items and heal.

Grovel

03-03-2010

As a Malphite player this makes me cringe.

Even if taking mid instead of a carry wasn't a bad idea your items make no sense to me. The first item you're getting that buffs your damage in any way (besides the meager +20 from Mallet) is Atma's- after Warmog's > Boots > Mallet > Banshee's. So invest over 8,000 gold just to get tanky as your team's mid-carry? Completely ignore your passive by avoiding items with armor?.
I'm sure Atma's is brutal at that point but Malphite isn't exactly a great farmer, especially if he's solo and in all likelihood not getting kills, i.e. by the time you get Atma's it probably doesn't matter, your team has already won or lost.

I also don't see your mana pool being able to sustain any kind of threat at mid either with only a couple of regen runes.

Hey, if it works for you cool, but call me a skeptic.

anata ga mori

Recruiter

03-03-2010

This seems to rely on your opponent being stupid. Not only do they have to incompetently harass you, they have to not heal, and they have to not pack flash.

Quote:
the only heroes that will be able to survive this will be those with flash

That's only what, 90% of carries that pack flash?

Semog

03-03-2010

@anta flash has a longer cd than ur ult o ull get him next time, alsoyea they will try and heal but it really wont mater if u play him right u will be able to harras enough, and i LAUGH at any1 that says malphite cant farm
when im mid i usualy out farm ash/twich/teemo if u say he cant farm u guys just arent good last hitters and not get kills? are u kidding me? and of course the fact that ur raping their mid carry and keeping him under fed doesnt matter right? play a game with me seriously then tell me that this doesnt work

Zombie Irwin

03-03-2010

Maybe people would receive your post better if you wrote as if you had an education.

MrRumble

03-03-2010

I'm sorry, this guide assumes that ranged heroes that are mid are very very bad.

Ranged carries should be able to range hit creeps without you being able to get close enough to SS. When you go into range to hit the melee creeps, the ranged carry should have killed most of yours. Something doesn't add up. Your passive gives you a 10% shield, which is only 50-60 hp at lvl 1.

I honestly can't see how you can be in mid without being tucked hard up next to your tower. Malphite has a very tough time farming without a ton of armor to make his slam deal decent damage.

The numbers and the strategy don't add up to me.

Ebonclaw

03-03-2010

I've somehow ended up in mid with Malph a couple of times recently, and this is in mid tier play somewhere.

The first time, I was up against someone who just got Corki I think, he was awful. I went 3-0 against him in laning, and was a total monster carry by mid-game.

The second time, I'm trying to block out who it was..... I honestly can't remember, it was such a horrid experience it makes me doubt the existence of a kind and loving god (of course, the Corki from the first game probably felt the same!).

Honestly, I think with a bit of work, Malph could do well into all but (and perhaps even into) top tiers, but it would take an extreme amount of effort and patience, and this isn't the build and strategy and mindset to do it, outside of newbie island. The thing about Malph, is that you can use your shield and regen to get some last hits, so you aren't as starved as many melee champs would be. You bide your time for a few levels and then call a gank, which you initiate by making the enemy get cocky, then hitting them with a nice fat Shard just as your ganker comes out of the brush. But, it's a team strat, not a solo strat, obviously.

Semog

03-03-2010

english isnt my preimary language so im sorry it looks like i havent had a education,
anyways shard has a pretty long cast range so using it really isnt a issue, i know this isnt a guide for every1 but for a more agressive player it does wonders, honestly get into a practice game and try it out b4 u start saying it wont work...

sainthero

03-03-2010

I don't know but, sivir is a perfect counter to malphite 1v1. If you want to solo with him i suggest you try a jungling build. Solomid is for your carries to get their ult asap.

And just because you succeeded once or twice in solomid doesn't mean it's viable. I would rejoice if my enemy team's solo mid is a malphite. That means team has weak carries kknp