Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3150 IP Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BetterThanU528

04-24-2011

Hey guys!

Currently I own:
Master Yi
Ashe
Tryndamere
Cho'Gath

I have enough to unlock a 3150 IP Champion. Which one should i get? Or should I save up for a 6300 one? For all of my champions so far, I tend to get Phantom Dancer (but on Cho'Gath only after I get Rod of Ages) so I kinda want to get a stealth/ranged mage champion, but I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks for all your help!

SHREK lS LlFE

04-24-2011

or
akali: shes a melee assassin, but uses AP instead of AD, and since all your champions are pretty much ad(except chogath), she will ease you nicely into the world of AP without actually being a "caster"

Dane Dread

04-24-2011

Phantom dancer on Cho makes me sad.

Why blow all your IP on one champ? You're missing some very good cheap champs still. Check out Ryze. He only takes a few games to farm up the IP for. The cost of a champion is in no way related to their effectiveness. There are great champs at the 450 IP level and there are very rarely used champs at the 6300 IP level.

BetterThanU528

04-24-2011

Alright thanks. I was looking at Akali cause I've seen people use her really well. I was also looking at Shaco. I don't know if he uses AP or not, but he seems really powerful if used well.

Others I was considering:
Teemo
Mordekaiser
Katarina

I've never actually even played with a Karma, so I don't know how she is.

BetterThanU528

04-24-2011

I've played as Ryze before a couple times, and I couldn't really use him well (maybe not enough practice). And people laugh at my Cho build, but he really works, especially because if I can outrun the enemy Feast works really well

Dane Dread

04-24-2011

I don't play any of the champs in your list but from playing with and against them, take Teemo. He has outstanding utility with his mushrooms and is still good in team fights. If you aren't too familiar with warding definitely check out some guides on it. Teemo is free wards for your team. A good Teemo will have the map lit up making it hard for the other team to sneak up on you.

Kat can be good but she can also be shut down very easily if your opponents know what they're doing. She seems like she either gets lots of kills and takes over or gets shut down and is worthless the whole game. Good players will have cc to shut you down and they will save it until you activate your ult.

Morde is just blah. Yea he has good burst damage and he's a tough nut to crack but he has zero team utility. If you want a tanky mage, you already have one of the best in Cho. Get him an abyssal scepter and a void staff if you want to do damage like Morde while still being useful to your team.

iHarlequin

04-24-2011

The only 3150 IP Champion I own is Shaco, and I love him. Very flexible: I've seen people play him as AP and Tank, despite his optimal build being AD. I recommend him because I like playing him, check some videos (Reginald's, mostly) to see why.

p.s.: Jax is at 50% off, which means you can get him with the 350 RP that Riot gave to everyone who logged in the past month. I know I'm getting him .

dovvntempo

04-24-2011

lol you want a stealth / ranged champion? look no further, get kassadin.

magnusbane

04-24-2011

teemo is bombtastic. hes in my top 3 fav characters to use hes a great harrasser (sp)

The Master Kid

04-24-2011

most of ur champs are dps except cho gath. So u have a tank good 1 on 1 early gamer and late gamers(champs). u dont have any supports so buy Sona!