Jax, pure AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmetal View Post
Nope, with the runes ( red and quin ) I suggested in my thread along with the masteries ( 4% AS )build I've got going, Jax starts off with at least 26% to 30% extra attack speed from rune and mastery bonuses. Toppled off that around midgame Jax is reaching 1.2 AS and with Guinsoo's you've got plenty of attack speed to feed off of which is why I suggested having this in order to get your ultimate going and if your ult is going Jax is easily at 2AS just with some runes/masteries/guinsoos and a few swings off his ult. I wouldn't suggest getting attack speed for AD or AP builds since Guinsoo's does a **** fine job with the way it works now.
i refuse to buy runes as i barely have enough to afford the champions i want, so if i dont have them do i need to buy as? Once guinsoo's gets going its good attack speed, but you cant really gank with it alone.

Coldmetal

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
i refuse to buy runes as i barely have enough to afford the champions i want, so if i dont have them do i need to buy as? Once guinsoo's gets going its good attack speed, but you cant really gank with it alone.
You're missing out on quite a large portion that Jax can receive from runes/masteries. The only thing I could really suggest is have a partner grab starks, which is a huge AS buff, or grab sword of the divine somewhere along that build. SoTD is actually not a bad item, even if you're not going against another Jax. The active ability of giving you 30 Armor pen is pretty **** nice, along with the passive 55% AS you receive from it. Perhaps skipping Dorans Shield early on and trying to rush Malady would also help in the AS department, however, that will increase the time you have trying to get other items. Another idea is carrying Elixir of Agility around with you if you're ganking since it gives attack speed ( max 25% I think, could be wrong ), but I prefer using Blue/Red pot over Agility since those two go along with Jax's passive.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-02-2010

tabi-->mejais-->atmas-->rylais-->zhonyas gg

Coldmetal

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
tabi-->mejais-->atmas-->rylais-->zhonyas gg
Not getting any kind of mitigation against a heavy caster team is going to make mejai's useless since you'll be getting your ass beat, no matter how much HP you have. He's also talking about a AD build, not an AP build.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-02-2010

I am no jax expert by any means but if I were good at not dying much, I would probably try to go mejai's, tabi/threads, guinsoo's, bloodthirster, phantom dancer, atma's :/

I think going AP at the beginning and then slowly shifting to AD is the right way to go

oh, and throw in a banshee's veil somewhere in there, i don't fkn know

M3MBRAN3

03-03-2010

It's not really possible to go completely AD on jax, you will find he runs out of mana too quickly and will be useless if blinded. Even if you are predominantly going AD I still find rageblade + triforce essential items. rageblade stacks really quickly from your attacks and abilities and triforce gives you slow, even faster attack speed and sheen!

Masterhummel

03-03-2010

i usually play full ap jax. Except one malady for attack speed and a bit of life leech. Didn't try ad jax after patch. Will do that soon. But the only benefit ad jax definetly has: He is much stronger in lategame and don't need soulstealer stacks so much as ap jax does. (Usually ap jax going to own with 250+ ap. A few stacks needed for this).

AutoSponge

03-03-2010

AP Jax probably has higher burst damage and certainly has more HP for the money then DPS jax. That doesn't mean he has more HP, just he paid less for it since AP costs less than AD by a larger factor than the 3:5 ratio it gives back (22.2 gold/point versus 21.5). You can see my snowball jax thread for a list of the most valuable items to jax's new passive.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmetal View Post
Not getting any kind of mitigation against a heavy caster team is going to make mejai's useless since you'll be getting your ass beat, no matter how much HP you have. He's also talking about a AD build, not an AP build.
If it's a heavy caster team you dominate lanes early and get fed, casters without stacks/items won't be able to burn through the tank like health you will have by level 12.

Also I was trying to say "AP>AD" which I thought was obvious by my post, sorry.

As for triforce, rylais is better imo, but I am obviously biased towards AP.

And the slow doesn't compare to Rylais, which gives 80 AP and 740 health. Rylais gives you an aoe slow on your 3 sec cd empower and on your 5 sec leaps, as well as your stuns. I'm not sure if it procs off of relentless assault, because normally RA goes off before the slow wears off, so I'm never sure. That and no one tries to go toe to toe with jax unless they are stunnin the **** out of you so I haven't really even gotten too many RA procs off anyway. Normally in a game they either die to empower-->jump in a team gank or are running away and I slowly wear them down with empower-->jumps anyway (and not really slowly anyway).

AutoSponge

03-03-2010

My scenario before showed me how I don't really want to use empower on DPS Jax unless I need a sheen proc to do burst damage--it just slows down his DPS. He's better off auto-attacking and/or hoping for a crit. This means that I can max Q and E sooner and just use W for farming/procing.