Jax, pure AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

So i've seen a lot of jax attack damage guides, and they have a lot of utility items like banshees veil and frozen mallet, though i have only played 4-5 games, wouldnt a pure ad build be for viable? im going

dorans > ninja tabai > rageblade > bloodthirster > atmas > infini edge

wouldnt this be much more suitable? now if there were a ryze or a morgana etc. i can definitely see banshees being useful. what do you guys think? I also go cleanse + exhaust

SmecssRaege

03-02-2010

had a jax against me go:

Boots + 3 pots
Ninja Tabi
Bloodthirster
Bloodthirster
Bloodthirster
BF sword (prolly being build to another blood thirster)

even though we won, and i was like 12-1 on gragas.... this guy still ended up like 12-2 (mainly because we lacked any real CC to lock him from hitting) but yeah he had 500 attack damage and 75% life leech c_C;; was pretty weak how fast he could rip squishies down xD

Blacksurt

03-02-2010

The problem with pure attack damage build on jax is that fact that you need some base attackspeed boost so you can really take advantage of your r in a teamfight.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

if i went last whisper instead of ginsu first would that be enough atkspd?

Tornsoul

03-02-2010

Also you are forgetting that most people get armor, not magic resist, and his AP ratios are very high. I think one of his abilitys is like .8? and two others at 1:1.

AD may possibly get a better sustained damage after you sit there for 10 minutes and build up your attack speed. But when AP "i had like 500 ap in a game i recently did" gets high you have your R ability hitting to 600-700 magic damage. It absolutely wrecks most tanks. Also if you have Rylai's with leapstrike... pretty much no one is getting away from you, I have chased an Alistar with full hp from bot tower to his mid bot tower and killed him before he got far into the turret. Not to mention Rylai's makes empower an AOE slow on demand.

Stack a little attack speed and your R ability is poping so often it probably out dps AD by a lot. The main issue with going AP is that you generally dont have lifedrain.

I personally go hybrid most of the time...tabi,gunisoo,rylai,thirster,lichbane\atma's ,zhonya assuming the game lasts long enough.

Tornsoul

03-02-2010

Getting last whisper is kinda meh, if you really want an attack speed item I would still get the gunisoo, but get like a nashor's tooth also. That would also maximize your CDR as well as give you attack speed and the 55 AP.

FeLpZ

03-02-2010

i would consider ap if i could find a decent item build set.. but i cant. and the hybrid build doesnt sound too hot

Coldmetal

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
So i've seen a lot of jax attack damage guides, and they have a lot of utility items like banshees veil and frozen mallet, though i have only played 4-5 games, wouldnt a pure ad build be for viable? im going

dorans > ninja tabai > rageblade > bloodthirster > atmas > infini edge

wouldnt this be much more suitable? now if there were a ryze or a morgana etc. i can definitely see banshees being useful. what do you guys think? I also go cleanse + exhaust
Sounds like you read my guide. I think I'm going to have to edit a bit of it because the reason why I added Veil was due to the heavy caster rotation this week and even though you've got a ton of HP, not having any kind of magic mitigation is going to get your head blown off. My pure AD build as Jax would probably have black cleaver instead of bloodthirster, I'm probably going to be changing that, and as for infinity edge, I don't see the point of grabbing that item especially so late into the game since you're not really going for critical damage.

Dorans > Ninja Tabi > Phage > Rageblade > Atmas > Utlity/DPS item depending on the situation.

This week I've been actually going Dorgans > Ninja Tabi > Negatron Cloak > Rageblade so that I don't completely rush the rather expensive Veil, however, I do have the component in it that has a high amount of MR that Jax so desperately needs this week. I'm going to try and give a shot at not rushing Frozen Mallet, however, I will be building a Phage. That slow is so nice to have at keeping people perma on you.

FeLpZ

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmetal View Post
Sounds like you read my guide. I think I'm going to have to edit a bit of it because the reason why I added Veil was due to the heavy caster rotation this week and even though you've got a ton of HP, not having any kind of magic mitigation is going to get your head blown off. My pure AD build as Jax would probably have black cleaver instead of bloodthirster, I'm probably going to be changing that, and as for infinity edge, I don't see the point of grabbing that item especially so late into the game since you're not really going for critical damage.

Dorans > Ninja Tabi > Phage > Rageblade > Atmas > Utlity/DPS item depending on the situation.

This week I've been actually going Dorgans > Ninja Tabi > Negatron Cloak > Rageblade so that I don't completely rush the rather expensive Veil, however, I do have the component in it that has a high amount of MR that Jax so desperately needs this week. I'm going to try and give a shot at not rushing Frozen Mallet, however, I will be building a Phage. That slow is so nice to have at keeping people perma on you.
why dont you get any attack speed? wouldnt that nerf his ult badly?

Coldmetal

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
why dont you get any attack speed? wouldnt that nerf his ult badly?
Nope, with the runes ( red and quin ) I suggested in my thread along with the masteries ( 4% AS )build I've got going, Jax starts off with at least 26% to 30% extra attack speed from rune and mastery bonuses. Toppled off that around midgame Jax is reaching 1.2 AS and with Guinsoo's you've got plenty of attack speed to feed off of which is why I suggested having this in order to get your ultimate going and if your ult is going Jax is easily at 2AS just with some runes/masteries/guinsoos and a few swings off his ult. I wouldn't suggest getting attack speed for AD or AP builds since Guinsoo's does a **** fine job with the way it works now.