Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Now Maste yi = Auto Lose

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pauliwoggius

03-02-2010

IMHO, item choice and skill really makes or breaks this guy early on to mid-game, as well as summoner spell choice.

Talamare

03-02-2010

Master Yi is an awesome melee carry

The problem with this is that melee carries suck

Mercurius

03-02-2010

It's funny that the champs that do the most damage are ranged, anyway. Melee is gimp to the max.

Jerrett

03-02-2010

Quote:
Mercurius:
It's funny that the champs that do the most damage are ranged, anyway. Melee is gimp to the max.

I bet to differ. Melee heroes have much higher damage. They have better movement speeds. They have strong crowd control, for the most part, as well. Yi's abilities are defensively offensive. He can alpha strike in order to be untarget-able for a while and then he has highlander to chase and then highlander to run after he kills.

Wuju style makes him do great damage and all he needs is some items and a good player to make him shine.

I have seen plenty of Yi's win games with insane damage. I've played on teams where a Yi farmed for 45 minutes while we were getting devastated in all team fights and then decided he had the items he wanted and we won the game on the next push.

Krendin

03-03-2010

Quote:
Aircross:
Master Yi won my team a match a few games ago.

After a team fight where we were decimated, Yi came in, Alpha Striked the enemy team (which were low in HP due to the fight) killed three of them then aced the rest of the team.

Absolutely moot point.

If he was playing a stronger character, you could probably just have won the teamfight.

He's not very useful, and has no AoE.. if he doesn't get fed, he can't do much of anything.