Playing carries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King0fDawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-23-2011

Hello everyone, I've been playing LoL for quite some time now and I really want to get into playing AD carries.
I played quite a few games with the standard carries (ashe, cait), and I usually farm really well early till mid. For the games where we are already winning, I would have no problem dps-ing as we are always chasing.
For losing games however, I always have this feeling that everyones going to target me and I run like a sissy, never really getting any damage out, or only damaging tanks, which would get my team and me killed. Is there any advice for team fights(positioning and stuff), because I'd be pretty disappointed if AD carries aren't game changers.

Side note: How often should I actually go gank instead of farm? I'm referring to games where winning is 50-50, would a kill be worth leaving farm?

Thank you for any input/advice!

AziJin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

If you are losing, just tell your team to farm up, get buffs, keep the lanes pushed, protect baron/ take it. If you do this, you will most likely win. And for carries, its all about good position if you dont wanna get instagibbed. You should always gank if it is a 100% kill or even making them waste their summoners, Sometimes getting a kill means being able to take a tower too. AD carries are extremely useful especially in taking towers. Getting baron and doing something with baron as a team will usually turn the game around. Don't get caught out of position with baron. Always ward it up, keep vision on baron.

DarkerStix

04-24-2011

Please don't build glass cannon, you'll just die a lot and make your team mad.

Desert Bandit

04-24-2011

I am also fairly new to LoL. I used to play DoTA frequently, so this is mostly my experience from that realm. I also like playing AD carries, and you will always get focused as being a carry. Killing/disabling/controlling the enemy carries basically wins the fight in my limited experience. First of all, some AD carries can be wade in and waste someone pretty fast, and get out, like Tryndamere, but I am assuming you mean the ranged AD carries. What I would suggest is changing your positioning with the team during a mobile fight. If you know where all the enemy champions are, duck into the jungle and either draw part of their team into following you. If you can eliminate the one person after you, you are doing part of your job. If multiple enemies follow you, fantastic. Let the rest of your team enjoy the mismatch, and let them eliminate the tank, or whoever is following through. Even if you die and your team gets two kills on the carry, support or tank, then its a fair sacrifice. If they all pursue you, your team should have the positioning to ambush the enemy ranged or mage fighter. Worst case scenario, you die and the rest of you team gets away instead of being killed. If no one pursues you, circle around back of the enemy and ambush whoever is in the back. If none of this advice works, then at least you are no less useless.

On the option of ganking, I have a few opinions. If you are sure you can get a gank, leave and kill that sucker. Unless a tower is on the line, it can't hurt. If you are solo laning, ganking becomes more difficult. I personally only leave mid open for a gank if I am going to buy, have to recall, or am guaranteed to get a double kill or a kill and a tower. It hurts me to let the other carry free farm. This is even more true if you have a jungler and are the solo lane, which in that case, have him come help you kill the people in your lane, and then you have between 30 seconds to a minute to go gank the other lanes, or grab that red/blue buff you need to dominate your lane. If you are laning with another person, gank as much as possible, especially if you like to stack. They can hopefully survive without you there for a minute (if not, don't let them feed the other team; it's better for you both to be broke, than to lose a kill for the opportunity of one) and accumulate the experience without you. Even pushing the opposing enemies out of lane allows your teammates to farm up exp and gold at their expense. If you are poor, have little chance to gank or are underleveled, don't bother. If you need to farm, you need to farm.

Again, I have not had any experience LoL ranked matches, and am not the most experienced player out there. These are simply my thoughts, so take them with a grain of salt.