Singed advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krunkster

04-24-2011

Would getting RoA as my first item and getting rylais right after be a good idea? Rylais adds some health and a slow, but in return I'm sacrificing a possible tank item ( randuins, FoN, guardian angels, etc) which would hurt my survivability. What do you think?

DarkerStix

04-24-2011

I rush Catalyst, then leave it there until I have boots, Sunfire Cape, Force of Nature, and Rylai's. Then I finish Rod of Ages and build a second one if the game goes that long, which it almost never will.

For Singed Rylai's > Rod of Ages for only one reason. It makes Poison Trail slow. This is amazing utility.

Aemon Darkstar

04-24-2011

Frankly, its a playstyle choice.
A lot of people think Rylai's is epic win on him because it slows each poisoned target by 35%. Personally, I don't think so. Why?
-RoA gives more health (800+ per RoA when maxed out).
-RoA solves all mana problems that Singed has.
-Gives equivalent AP to Rylai's.
Rylai's prime advantage, the Slow, is not that huge a deal. The Goo should be the only slow you need if you can use it well. Rylai's on Singed will make people even less inclined to chase him, leading to a decrease in overall damage (I've had people who are ranked like 1400-1500 chase me in full premades, only to get hammered by a ganking teammate).

However, should you feel Rylai's is an excellent investment, Catalyst, Rylai's, followed by either Sunfire or Banshee's Veil is a good way to go. Frankly you shouldn't need more than one AP item on him.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

Check out this Singed Guide

NickPham

04-24-2011

In normal play, catching lone champions or pairs of champions separated from the team happens often enough to justify the rushed slow, which will net you better games overall.

Rushing the RoA is more suited for higher level, more coordinated play where there are very few kills. This is because your damage will be higher overall, and you will be stronger when you reach the nonstop teambattles. Sometimes even solo queues will occasionally manage to have a high enough level of coordination to justify it.

As always, be ready to deal with whatever situation arises because you are first and foremost, a TANK. No situation calls for boots of swiftness.

In depth reasoning:
Rylai's passive is invaluable, and raw stats aside, RoA delays it too much. After that first AP item, you are definitely entering a game phase in which you need tanky items as the carries finish their first major items as well. This means that the concept that you can buy Rylais later in the game is inherently flawed. Buying RoA first automatically sets Rylais back by at least one more high tier tank item.

Taking Catalyst>Rylais gives you an amazing early game in which you can actually successfully farm a solo lane (Singed NEEDS lots of gold), and if it turns out you can delay your tanky items because you are owning hard, you can buy RoA after Rylais. Extreme ownage is the only reason you would be able to buy Rylais after RoA, but if you aren't owning and u buy RoA first, then you're kind of stuck with it.

On the other hand, the catalyst can also be teched into a quick banshees, and onward into other tanky items as needed. The build should actually keep about as tanky for a very long time as a straight RoA path, but with a whole lot more utility (at the cost of some damage).

TLR - Catalyst+Boots straight into Rylais w/ obvious exceptions.

Erotic Asphyxia

Recruiter

04-24-2011

I'm a Singed player myself but I'm starting to think rushing RoA isn't the best thing to do, its okay if you are getting fed early kills + lots of CS. Otherwise catalyst + rylais is better, as you can turn that catalyst into a banshees veil.