Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aRcKuS

03-02-2010

So I've been playing a lot of games as Taric / Soraka recently (since healing can now be considered viable) and I had a few questions about Soraka that I was hoping someone could help me answer.

Firstly I typically go for the Mana Manipulator first item, this lets me push / heal spam in the beginning, other then that I don't really care much for the mana regen. Later I upgrade that to a Soul Shroud or w/e it's called (can't remember atm).

But after this I kind of just go for w/e I think we need IE Aegis, Frozen Heart, etc. (Aura items basically)

So I guess my question would have to be: Is going Soulstealer kind of early on a valuable item? Would going Rylai's after that also be a good choice, simply to USE starfall other then for pushing?

I ask about the Soulstealer more specifically because for my last few matches, if I had gotten one, end game I would have been max stacked, which IMO would vastly improve my healing potential.

Typically with Soraka I end the game with a score of something like 0-0-15 / 2-2-13
Basically high assists and low kills, but still a max stacked Soulstealer would have been really nice for fatter heals. Iunno give me some feedback =]

Miiu

Adjudicator

03-03-2010

Tbh I love going soulstealer as first item because in a good it will provide you with the ap you need to be a viable healer during the first half of the game. (Maybe add one Blasting Wand)
But on the other hand if you're having a slow start Soulstealer can bite you in the ass. 1k+ Gold isn't that much but in a round that is not going to well every gold counts.

Even though I consider it a must have item.

Shanulu

03-03-2010

IMO Mana Regen on Soraka early is just dumb. She refills herself as long as you ain't spamming Starfall. Lane with a pusher and just get last hits while he keeps the other 2 at bay. Starfall is OK at best for harassment. Soraka's best friends are AP and Health.

Also, I run clarity, and sometimes my bro and I alternate clarity casting. Very helpful but not necessary.

I love early soulstealer as soraka should be present for most ganks/team kills.

Locket
Ryas
Soulstealer
The other +HP/MP/AP staff thingy
Boots
Optional (Banshees)

Inqui

03-03-2010

A)
playing vs Melee Team: Frozen Heart
playing vs mixed: soulshroud
A2)
capped CD-Reduce=>then Ability Power Items, 1 aura item is enough (else u get firstkilled)

B)
are your mates dumb: dont go for aura items, take Deathfire Grasp instead, Rylais ....

Inqui

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanulu View Post
Soraka's best friends are AP and Health.
there is just one best friend: Fiddlesticks-negating magic resistance to -40 and below makes Fiddle a real beast.

Judah the Lion

03-03-2010

Mmm, I know this is supposed to be constructive and all, but I'd just run Taric right now if you have healing-support in mind. Soraka has too much not going for her in the current meta-game, and Taric has a stun.

Best.

yatenkun

03-03-2010

I find it very difficult and diversial to build items for soraka.
I was going few ways with clarity/flash, ignoring mana regen and just relying purely on AP(two kage's lucky picks, zhonya ring), then my heal was really GREAT, when you have 200+ AP you heal really well.
However then you have mana problems.
I still struggle all the time with items, i was getting archangels now and taking clarvoyance with flash, being more support, i had no mana problem but had very huge gold problem, i usually never make zhonya ring, i just make archangels, i buy two blasting wands and match ends before i finish zhonya. creeping is totally horrible with her.
I was also thinking about buying mana manipulator and innervation, but i dont find extra +50hp heal and 20mp recharge very amazing when i heal or recharge mana, and then i have less AP again.

aRcKuS

03-03-2010

Thanks guys, I have a lot of new things to try whenever I get to leave work >.<

But yeah I actually bought Taric last night, and I like him alot, but I don't think I should play him in pug games, people always ***** because they don't understand =[

Kahryl

03-03-2010

Soraka already has all the healing and mana she (and her team) needs baked in, I've found the key to making her powerful is:
1) Protecting her (tanky items like Frozen Heart and Abyssal Specter)
2) Making her useful in teamfights (Rylai's Specter, Deathfire Grasp)