Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aRcKuS

03-02-2010

So I've been playing a lot of games as Taric / Soraka recently (since healing can now be considered viable) and I had a few questions about Soraka that I was hoping someone could help me answer.

Firstly I typically go for the Mana Manipulator first item, this lets me push / heal spam in the beginning, other then that I don't really care much for the mana regen. Later I upgrade that to a Soul Shroud or w/e it's called (can't remember atm).

But after this I kind of just go for w/e I think we need IE Aegis, Frozen Heart, etc. (Aura items basically)

So I guess my question would have to be: Is going Soulstealer kind of early on a valuable item? Would going Rylai's after that also be a good choice, simply to USE starfall other then for pushing?

I ask about the Soulstealer more specifically because for my last few matches, if I had gotten one, end game I would have been max stacked, which IMO would vastly improve my healing potential.

Typically with Soraka I end the game with a score of something like 0-0-15 / 2-2-13
Basically high assists and low kills, but still a max stacked Soulstealer would have been really nice for fatter heals. Iunno give me some feedback =]

Miiu

Adjudicator

03-03-2010

Tbh I love going soulstealer as first item because in a good it will provide you with the ap you need to be a viable healer during the first half of the game. (Maybe add one Blasting Wand)
But on the other hand if you're having a slow start Soulstealer can bite you in the ass. 1k+ Gold isn't that much but in a round that is not going to well every gold counts.

Even though I consider it a must have item.

Shanulu

03-03-2010

IMO Mana Regen on Soraka early is just dumb. She refills herself as long as you ain't spamming Starfall. Lane with a pusher and just get last hits while he keeps the other 2 at bay. Starfall is OK at best for harassment. Soraka's best friends are AP and Health.

Also, I run clarity, and sometimes my bro and I alternate clarity casting. Very helpful but not necessary.

I love early soulstealer as soraka should be present for most ganks/team kills.

Locket
Ryas
Soulstealer
The other +HP/MP/AP staff thingy
Boots
Optional (Banshees)

Inqui

03-03-2010

A)
playing vs Melee Team: Frozen Heart
playing vs mixed: soulshroud
A2)
capped CD-Reduce=>then Ability Power Items, 1 aura item is enough (else u get firstkilled)

B)
are your mates dumb: dont go for aura items, take Deathfire Grasp instead, Rylais ....

Inqui

03-03-2010

Quote:
Shanulu:
Soraka's best friends are AP and Health.

there is just one best friend: Fiddlesticks-negating magic resistance to -40 and below makes Fiddle a real beast.

Judah the Lion

03-03-2010

Mmm, I know this is supposed to be constructive and all, but I'd just run Taric right now if you have healing-support in mind. Soraka has too much not going for her in the current meta-game, and Taric has a stun.

Best.

yatenkun

03-03-2010

I find it very difficult and diversial to build items for soraka.
I was going few ways with clarity/flash, ignoring mana regen and just relying purely on AP(two kage's lucky picks, zhonya ring), then my heal was really GREAT, when you have 200+ AP you heal really well.
However then you have mana problems.
I still struggle all the time with items, i was getting archangels now and taking clarvoyance with flash, being more support, i had no mana problem but had very huge gold problem, i usually never make zhonya ring, i just make archangels, i buy two blasting wands and match ends before i finish zhonya. creeping is totally horrible with her.
I was also thinking about buying mana manipulator and innervation, but i dont find extra +50hp heal and 20mp recharge very amazing when i heal or recharge mana, and then i have less AP again.

aRcKuS

03-03-2010

Thanks guys, I have a lot of new things to try whenever I get to leave work >.<

But yeah I actually bought Taric last night, and I like him alot, but I don't think I should play him in pug games, people always ***** because they don't understand =[

Kahryl

03-03-2010

Soraka already has all the healing and mana she (and her team) needs baked in, I've found the key to making her powerful is:
1) Protecting her (tanky items like Frozen Heart and Abyssal Specter)
2) Making her useful in teamfights (Rylai's Specter, Deathfire Grasp)