Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Kogmaw is so underrated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crownz

06-22-2011

AP kogmaw ?
Darknessss - explode.

Redenbacher

06-22-2011

I still can not understand this stigma that the only possible way to build him is 'AD', or 'AP'.

How about just build him for magic damage? Since that's the bulk of his output anyway.
Sorc Shoes, Malady/Wit's End and/or MBR as a core, then situational items.

You can go AP with Nashor's + Rabadon's, or transition to heavier AD with an IE -> BC. Throw a BVeil in there for survivability.

Bottom line is that if you go straight AP, you're ignoring the huge benefit one gets from an MBR. If you go straight AD, you're not helping any of his abilities... well except his ultimate, a little bit - it still deals magic damage. If you build for magic damage, everything wins.

seed13520

06-22-2011

Both AD Kog and AP Kog have perks, but now with the Ultimate change that adds some physical damage to it the AP aspect has definatley fallen.
I more or less agree with YummyCheese's opinions. AP is good, but comparatively AD is better now.

Mind you, I still believe that a Madred's + Stack AP/AS Kog would be amazing. The % health damage would be... fun : )

Makaidos

06-22-2011

his ult does not have bad ap ratio! omg, it does bonus % damage against champions, therefore it scales better vs them

Redenbacher

06-22-2011

Quote:
Makaidos:
his ult does not have bad ap ratio! omg, it does bonus % damage against champions, therefore it scales better vs them

The AP ratio does not scale with the bonus damage to champions.

When hitting a champion, it follows the following:
(Base Damage x 1.5) + (AP x .3) + (AD x .5)

This is why MPen is the best way to increase it's damage against champions.

DÓA

06-22-2011

The few AP kogs I have seen on some of the higher elo streams on CLG have MURDERED teams.

He is not a pick for every game, and he needs a solo. His early game is very slow rollin and you are not a kill until after midgame really.

But its not the poor AP ratio you have to look at with his ult, its the CD and the bonus against champs. If he gets any momentum he turns into a flat murder of carry/supports. If you can take large chunks with an ult and fire it at stupid speed... he starts to look like a moving mortar attack squad.

I had no idea he could do it honestly until I have seen it 3 times now. Can't remember the streamers name, but its EU on CLG and he plays ranked only. It was very surprising to see. He doesnt 'main' kog or anything crazy like that... again, very niche pick... but good Lord its scary when the moons align.

If you think about the situation created it makes sense in some ways:

- Get a tear loaded up, with a Rab cap and a blue pot by midgame, add in blue buff (pretty standard for AP carry)

- team push

You now have a situation where your ult stings against people with low MR (ie, carry and support at this time in the match). You take solid chunks and basically can just spam the friggin ult.

Now their carries and supports cannot be anywhere the turret or they get mortared. Other teams damage/help is pushed way back while you [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] on turrets. Its exactly what happened each time.