AP Kogmaw is so underrated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-23-2011

he's like a aoe nuke caster/pseudo-carry. he's got range (and i mean RANGE), nukes (three, to be exact), aoe, and lots of utility. Q>ooze>ult will murder just about any squishy, then proceed to aoe nuke with your ult and poke with W'd autoattacks until youre ready to throw another ooze.

he's like a less mobile, more nukey kassadin. he's relatively spammy for a caster.

i don't understand why dps is so standard. no skill synergy, only makes use of one skill, and your range steroid only lasts 6 seconds, after which youre stuck with a measly 500 range that pracitaclly invites assassins to attack you.

Anshin

04-23-2011

When I think about it, Malady would have a lot of synergy with his W and an AP build, it could be really devastating.

TooStronkadonk

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
he's like a aoe nuke caster/pseudo-carry. he's got range (and i mean RANGE), nukes (three, to be exact), aoe, and lots of utility. Q>ooze>ult will murder just about any squishy, then proceed to aoe nuke with your ult and poke with W'd autoattacks until youre ready to throw another ooze.

he's like a less mobile, more nukey kassadin. he's relatively spammy for a caster.

i don't understand why dps is so standard. no skill synergy, only makes use of one skill, and your range steroid only lasts 6 seconds, after which youre stuck with a measly 500 range that pracitaclly invites assassins to attack you.
because AP is harder to aim than DPS is for bad players.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-24-2011

seems like it. ^
ap kog does have that high risk high reward feel to it. his huge potential is balanced out by difficulty, kind of like twisted fate.

as for malady, kogmaw is a very spammy champ spell-wise, so going full ap on him will involve very little autoattacking. i've seen some kogmaw players do well with a nashor's tooth though. i usually get malady first when i go dps kog (i believe most people rush madreds, but malady is just so much more early game-friendly, economically)

Sykil

04-24-2011

I usually go something like Malady > Madred's Bloodrazor > caster items since it's more reliable than a straight-up AP build, but AP Kog is hardly anything new.

HMS BUTTPEE

04-24-2011

AP Kog was the standard build for a LOOOOOONG time, then he got caustic spittle changed.

Ared

04-24-2011

I love rolling AP Kog'maw. AP items have better survivability stats- generally being HP or MR- than AD items overall. Get an early tear and I can just Artillery and Ooze the entire game. I normally level Caustic Spite last because of its horrendously short range and the utility of lower armor or attack speed isn't important in an AP build.

Toxic72

04-24-2011

The AP Ratio on his ult is awful

konfetarius

04-24-2011

Meh, the low AP ratio really just translates to Mpen/CDR being more efficient. But, if you think about it, it doesn't mean AP is useless considering the low cooldown.

Just compare to something like Annie's or Viegar's Q is 0.6 ratio with 4 second base cooldown. You have a 0.3 ratio nuke with a 1 second cooldown - over same period of time, if you can consistently land your R, your AP does a decent job of being translated into damage.

I don't think you should build AP Kog with actual AP focus. You want a large mana pool with regeneration, and a high amount of Mpen - I try to roll Tear/Sorc Shoes/Hunting Guise as my early game base.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-24-2011

1. Mana/Blue-buff reliant, forcing you to certain builds.
2. Pitiful damage versus targets with any MR.
3. Outside of team fights incredibly easy to dodge.
4. Lots of trouble dealing with people that charge up to him.
5. Unreliant damage output.

His positive aspects being his incredible range, mediocre damage versus carries, and his great poke/scouting.

He's not bad, but he's also not great.