Wanting to purchase a Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuban

04-23-2011

Hi guys I'm new to LoL and I know that there is a newbie forum but I thought this thread was more suitable to this area.

tldr at bottom

Anyway, I want to purchase a champion and I'm not sure who to purchase. I have been intersted in Shaco as he looks cool (I know not to base a character choice out of looks because I may end up hating the way he plays) but I'm not sure because it says his learning curve is hard. I have been playing as Master Yi using a guide for which items to use and I have been dominating with him however, in these early public games, I felt that it was too easy to be him in some ways, where it was a real bore just click ult and run up to towers/champions to scare them off. I also played and liked Rammus however, I found it very difficult to start off early in the match, being too slow and weak to really do any damage till his ult was unlocked. The one thing I liked about Master Yi was his speed and damage. I would like a character like him, somebody who can run around tormenting the other lanes and champions.

Now I cant quite afford him yet (1300~ IP so far) but I am considering shaco. Obviously I'm not going to buy him immediately, but it would be interesting to read others opinions on heroes to choose.

tldr: In other words, I am interested in a champion that is:
- not slow
- can torment champions with damage
- roam the lanes
- with a learning curve

Also why doesnt everybody just choose easy or medium learning curve champions? Is there an advantage in using a high difficulty champion?

Thank you in advance

DarkerStix

04-23-2011

Singed. A roaming Singed is a nightmare. He's also not as easy as ragers say he is . He also pumps out a good bit of damage with poison.

Most importantly, he's one of the most fun champs in the game.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-23-2011

Teemo.

1. fast. very fast.
2. one of the best, and most annoying, harassers in the game.
3. he can roam in that, he plants shrooms aroud the jungle, and is a very powerful counter jungler. his speed makes him a good ganker as well.
4. using your shrooms effectively and dynamically is one of the hardest things to do in this game. he's also a dpser that emphasizes positioning much more than any other ranged dps

Narvuntien

04-24-2011

Try Leblanc whille she is free.

1. Has two flashes built into her abilities. ( I also like to build boots of mobility)
2. The most powerful early game burst in the game.... you will kill any champion at level 6
3. Needs early kills so killing your lane opponent and running off to kill people in other lanes is a good idea.
4. While her basic combo is easy enough to learn her ulti gives you a large number of combos that will be more useful in different situations... you have to chain your abilities together... you have to be careful because you don't have much health and once all your abilties are on cooldown you can't do much.

The goobak

Master Recruiter

04-24-2011

shaco is a very good champion and can pull alot of damage
here are his pro's
1. hes very mobile and can switch lanes
2.very good ganker
3. he may take awhile to master but once mastered very strong
4.who doesnt want to be a demonic jester?
5.survivablility
cons
1.can be killed easy if deceive isnt working
2.cant do much against tanks

Cøsmíç

04-24-2011

Try out all the free champs this week and also if you see a character in game ask questions about that characters(if that person is on your team) and from what i heard shaco is hard to learn