Feedback on Gragas " idea "

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sierskan

03-02-2010

Hi i'm gonna keep this short . [Edit - i did not, sorry bout that]

When gragas was temporary available i had to try him out even though there had already been alot of ppl saying that he is way to weak in every aspect possible. I saw an AP guide for him, and noticed that most guides was basicly to build him with AP .

I am not sure if anyone has thought about this or actually went further with it as i have so il explain shortly before saying the question i want an answer to .

I played gragas with AP first and i was very disappointed, i got few kills and about equal deaths. So i abandoned him at once, but then i was bored and read some more into his skills, went into a practice game and created a physical "health and hammer" build.

Vs some unexperienced players there i kicked ass . So i actually bought him off after testing another game or so more, the same build worked great in any game with rands, So i actually kept playing with him and now after a bit more then pretty fair success i decided to ask you all this now.

Would anyone seriously be interested if i wrote a guide on my physical gragas ?

You can imagine the build yourself with his Passive, W, E and R .
( Mallet, Atma's, etc. )

Feel free to flame .

AnalC

03-04-2010

This comes a little bit late but definitely do it. Gragas is not going away, and most likely not going to change a lot, and there are too few AD Gragas guides. I am always interested in reading other approaches.

Here is my build: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=69107

SmecssRaege

03-04-2010

i personally MASSIVELY enjoy playing AP/CDR gragas, so i have little interest in an AD guide, but hey, any form of guide is welcomed to here more or less, as long as its not completely out of whack and ******ed =-)

ChaoticHypnotic

03-04-2010

I had originally been building him with AP and CDR. But, once I tried building him as a Tank with DPS, I've never looked back. He's so much more viable as a tank than a mage. It's really no comparison.

Jravolta

03-04-2010

I saw an enemy Gragas buy a Warmog's and then straight damage items (IE, Black Cleaver, etc.). It took him a while to get going, but by mid/late game no one could 1v1 him when he got drunk.

Faireth

03-04-2010

I love AD/CDR Gragas. Here is the build I typically go for item wise:

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/G...e40a875ea306c7

The key is to rush to Enervating Locket via mana manipulator first, then boots, then the rest in order of preference. At level 1 you buy Barrel Toss to make people think you're going AP Gragas, then by the time they try to gank you you're drunk and have a mean body slam. From lvl 2 on I alternate Body Slam and Drunken Rage while grabbing his ult when you can.

Going to record a game as him tonight and post a how-to guide on this build.

I've tried AP and it *can* work really well if you get stacks, I just find that its significantly less effective than a Health/AD/CDR build.