Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Feedback on Gragas " idea "

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sierskan

03-02-2010

Hi i'm gonna keep this short . [Edit - i did not, sorry bout that]

When gragas was temporary available i had to try him out even though there had already been alot of ppl saying that he is way to weak in every aspect possible. I saw an AP guide for him, and noticed that most guides was basicly to build him with AP .

I am not sure if anyone has thought about this or actually went further with it as i have so il explain shortly before saying the question i want an answer to .

I played gragas with AP first and i was very disappointed, i got few kills and about equal deaths. So i abandoned him at once, but then i was bored and read some more into his skills, went into a practice game and created a physical "health and hammer" build.

Vs some unexperienced players there i kicked ass . So i actually bought him off after testing another game or so more, the same build worked great in any game with rands, So i actually kept playing with him and now after a bit more then pretty fair success i decided to ask you all this now.

Would anyone seriously be interested if i wrote a guide on my physical gragas ?

You can imagine the build yourself with his Passive, W, E and R .
( Mallet, Atma's, etc. )

Feel free to flame .

AnalC

03-04-2010

This comes a little bit late but definitely do it. Gragas is not going away, and most likely not going to change a lot, and there are too few AD Gragas guides. I am always interested in reading other approaches.

Here is my build: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=69107

SmecssRaege

03-04-2010

i personally MASSIVELY enjoy playing AP/CDR gragas, so i have little interest in an AD guide, but hey, any form of guide is welcomed to here more or less, as long as its not completely out of whack and ******ed =-)

ChaoticHypnotic

03-04-2010

I had originally been building him with AP and CDR. But, once I tried building him as a Tank with DPS, I've never looked back. He's so much more viable as a tank than a mage. It's really no comparison.

Jravolta

03-04-2010

I saw an enemy Gragas buy a Warmog's and then straight damage items (IE, Black Cleaver, etc.). It took him a while to get going, but by mid/late game no one could 1v1 him when he got drunk.

Faireth

03-04-2010

I love AD/CDR Gragas. Here is the build I typically go for item wise:

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/Gragas/034c080f589710653ee40a875ea306c7

The key is to rush to Enervating Locket via mana manipulator first, then boots, then the rest in order of preference. At level 1 you buy Barrel Toss to make people think you're going AP Gragas, then by the time they try to gank you you're drunk and have a mean body slam. From lvl 2 on I alternate Body Slam and Drunken Rage while grabbing his ult when you can.

Going to record a game as him tonight and post a how-to guide on this build.

I've tried AP and it *can* work really well if you get stacks, I just find that its significantly less effective than a Health/AD/CDR build.