How do we make ryze a more viable high teir character without increasing his pubstomp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I'd be willing to hear suggestions.

a movement speed buff and/or range buff to his spells (at least while his ult is active) could really be enough I think, and it wouldn't greatly effect lower teirs.

Carthias

03-02-2010

If his range was increased it would be incredibly easy for ryze to initiate fights by snaring one person and throwing a long range spull flux for huge damage to everyone around that hero.

I8C SRS FACE

03-02-2010

"Pubstomp" characters are there for the express purpose of making bad players better. If you get ravaged by a Ryze, chances are next time you fight him you'll buy some MR so he doesn't instagib you. Or at least intelligent people will figure that out eventually.

I'm all in favor of only worrying about balancing high-end play because it's really the only aspect you can balance. There's no taking into account how inexperienced players will react to situations that better players know how to avoid or get out of. It's unfortunate that someone might roll a new player's face and that guy won't want to play anymore, but honestly, what is better: balancing for skilled players or balancing for non-skilled players? In a competitive game, the former is always preferred because eventually all players obtain a semblance of skill.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthias View Post
If his range was increased it would be incredibly easy for ryze to initiate fights by snaring one person and throwing a long range spull flux for huge damage to everyone around that hero.
not if his range is ONLY increased during his ult. Though, yeah, he could harass a lot more easily that way.

a movepeed buff during his ult would accomplish this end less effectively, but wouldn't cause as many problems either.

Craixis

03-02-2010

... then he would still be a pub stomper, and he'd be OPed...
I mean, how often do you see Ryze without his ult on in a fight?
You'd have to lower the damage output for that, but then, really, what's the point. He's a decent champ now, I just don't think the higher ELO guys like using him, because he's difficult to learn when it comes to countering his counters (he has alot, for one champ, and some completely shut him down like you wouldn't believe.)

JonTehKnight

03-02-2010

Make his snare or overload a skill shot with a longer range.

If he can grab them from a distance he can be helpful in starting a teamfight instead having to wait when the teamfight has begun and he's close to use his snare.

Or in the case of overload he'd be able do some AoE damage at a greater range in junction with his ult, thereby helping his team sooner rather than when he gets up close.

Techno Stud

03-02-2010

Don't mess with Ryze...he's filled a niche in the game.

Messing with Ryze will either lead to a champ that is certain to feed or certain to be never played.

Leave it alone.

SonicTheHedgedawg

03-02-2010

allowing his snare to AoE snare during his ult would DEFINITELY help him in higher levels, but would increase his ability to pwn lower levels so much.

JonTehKnight

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
allowing his snare to AoE snare during his ult would DEFINITELY help him in higher levels, but would increase his ability to pwn lower levels so much.
I'm not saying make his snare AoE. Read my post more carefully perhaps?

SonicTheHedgedawg

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJon117 View Post
I'm not saying make his snare AoE. Read my post more carefully perhaps?
it wasn't a response to you

it was an allusion to common suggestions for him from the test realm.