Patch Preview: 1.0.0.116

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PRlMz

04-26-2011

LOL the change of fiddlestick = bye bye fiddle ... no one gona play him again... from now he jsut make the team lose if we use him -.- so bad

Sangiovese

04-26-2011

Zomg

sooo you made chages, which were necessary (some of them) . .

BUT

In short you made

Alistar - More Skill Based, More Scale Based
GP - Less Skill Based, Less Unique
Fiddle - Less Skill Based, More Scale Based
Xin - Same Skill Based, Slightly OP (if people learned to get a tank item now and then, they might not get "melted" like you said).

GP's unique change (the only deny in the game) i'm sure is the huge QQ for a lot of people and a huge LOL for more. But seriously, LoL is great because hero's are (were) unique. I'm on the QQ side, in case you were wondering.

Fiddle people might complain too, i don't know if the Fid analysis is the same, but as a GP aficionado, I can say that nerfing his ult's skill level and taking away deny, completely makes him an irrelevant-skill-based character. Now he's geared towards nubs who no longer have to actually land his ult. All they need to do is sit in lane and hyper shoot / last hit creeps (more gold buff was not necessary). If you really wanted another range gunner who gets a gold buff, why didn't you just say here is TF's twin with a zone slow, instead of zone reveal, or -re-buff Cait and add a gold buff. Unique removals and skill dumbing down is boring.

Please do not continue to "increase scaling" and "increase nub use". Not every hero has to be playable by 11 year olds with 5 thumbs. tyvm.

Sorry Riot, but I think this is a terrible change to poor GP. Glad I didn't buy a skin with him.

PS : On a lighter note with GP now there is no longer any reason to get 4 Tiamats, 1 IE and CD Reduction Boots in CoOp vs Bots since you've nerfed his gun too. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

PPS : you asked for comments on visual vs mechanics. It would be nice to see the patch notes post with the vid link to INCLUDE the actual math on how spells are changing. With per level changes.

So people could read as they watch the imagery.

example :

Spell Xyz :

Level 1 - 150 dmg, 12.5 sec CD, applies on hit affects +(0.50 AD and 0.60 AP) dmg. Range 350.
Level 2 - 250 dmg, 10.0 sec CD, applies on hit affects +(0.55 AD and 0.65 AP) dmg. Range 450.
Level 3 - 350 dmg, 7.5 sec CD, applies on hit affects +(0.60 AD and 0.70 AP) dmg. Range 550.
Level 4 - 450 dmg, 5.0 sec CD, applies on hit affects +(0.65 AD and 0.75 AP) dmg. Range 650.

Thanks for asking about the format change. Your user community sincerely appreciates the chance to provide feedback that is openly requested (and assume it's also read).

Cheers!

BlackJackChelaq

04-26-2011

I like the new format, but would like to see the numbers that coincide with the changes, maybe have them posted below the video?

THaddock

04-27-2011

I actually don't like the new changes to ali at all. I mained ali before this patch, and I was a big fan of his passive for tower pushing. This new passive change creates a useless damage aoe that causes tower aggro when I heal at tower, and destroys one of his best attributes..Thanks guys.

Aeonz500

04-27-2011

you're kidding right? making Xin STRONGER!? he's already one of the most op characters and now you are going to make him harder to kill? lets all just buy Xin now. only way to make it fair for those of us who have to deal with him

Rupert the Thir

04-27-2011

Loved the new format much more useful then the old one

Athcear

04-30-2011

1. Strongly disagree with the change to Dark Wind. Now it functions just like Ryze's bounce spell. The numerous smaller hits made it unique. So what if it was slightly random. It was cool and different. These are good things that you are sacrificing. Please don't. And the nerf to Drain healing... That's his whole early game trick. This patch is going to remove everything that makes him more than just a generic squishy caster with a cool aoe ult. These changes make him too much like Ryze.

2. Seriously? Buffing Xin?