Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackEminem

04-23-2011

I just started playing kass and want to get good. I am having build troubles, the only thing i feel comfortable buying is catalyst, then after that I don't know what to get. I know at some point you need tear because he is definitely mana hungry, but I feel you need to get some AP in between cata and tear to scale just fine into mid game (but then i have no mana). Also later turning cata into BV seems logical for his style of play, but I seemed to do good the game i got RoA instead...

Please help me on knowing what to buy every time back.
also tips on farming would be nice.
im 1450-1550 elo please give ranked experienced advice. thank you.

Ichikaze

04-23-2011

Catalyst into Banshees is fine,you absolutely want deathcap and sorc shoes,getting tear or not depends if your team will allow you to have blue consistently or not,most of the times you will have to get tear.RoA is not that much usefull for kass,he doesnt really need the HP as you should be out by the time they notice you,getting your deathcap+sorc shoes as fast as you can is your priority.You could consider running clarity to get you out of those 1 to 6 mana problems(even if it becomes sort of useless for yourself late game,it can help push by restoring your teammates mana),harras with your nullsphere if your lane allows you else last hit with it(use it on melee/canion minions as priority),you should take cleanse/ignite as your second spell(if you have a good jungler i suggest cleanse,if not take ignite for the early kills).As soon as you get your deathcap or NLR farming becomes a breeze,you can 1 shoot most of the stuff with your force pulse.Taking wolfs/wraiths past the very early stage of the game is not an offense to your jungler,you are your team's AP carry.If you are solo laning,take it easy and dont be too daring until lvl 6,certain champs will be complicated,others will be destroyed by nullsphere,do not exchange harras with high dmg autoatackers like corki/ashe.When you become more confident in the laning/early game phase,you can consider getting a mejai's arround lvl 9(after your NLR if possible) but most of the times i go for the sure thing and build a deathcap since mejais will get you focused.

This leaves you with:
Tear > mid-late game Archangel's
Sorc shoes
Deathcap
Banshees(get it before archangels if you are having issues with hard CC or not running cleanse)
Hourglass(optional if they have stuns/silence and know when to use them)
Voidstaff

Closing note: its not uncommon to have issues building kass initially,but once you get the hang of how to lane properly with him you will win games by yourself,carry your team and be the "jesus that dude is so fed" char of each game.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

Consider checking out this Kassadin Guide