Amazing Irelia Build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shmuckteeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikaze View Post
I much rather have my irelia build Trinity then tanky than this thing,how you plan to survive an early gank with a dagger/grieves and or zeal?
Trinity is a complete waste, quit following the livesteam like a sheep and think for yourself. Irelia is not a tank.

Love getting flamed for suggesting something different than the sheeple norm. It's great.

Shmuckteeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycore View Post
Any build without tri-force on Irelia is fail. Also, unless the opposing team has no CC, you should always get merc treads, it's just too good on her in combo with her passive. Stark's fervor instead of phantom dancer is always better, she needs the lifesteal to survive in melee. Frozen mallet is also a waste, she gets her slow from her E and T-force. Also, E should always be levelled before W, it's her primary nuke and only form of CC.
You NEED attack speed as Irelia, don't you understand the concept of her W?

Merc treads are a very very viable option and I should probably get them in the build, but with Phantom Dancer and Mallet you're not only lightning fast but no one will ever out run you and with your sustained damage you're like old Xin.

robontop

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuckteeth View Post

Merc treads are a very very viable option and I should probably get them in the build, but with Phantom Dancer and Mallet you're not only lightning fast but no one will ever out run you and with your sustained damage you're like old Xin.
I always feel hesistant when following something that blatantly does something different to the pro streamers and then furthermore goes on to disagree with something the pros do (triforce).

However, this is the first time I'm actually considering this, after all, I'm using reasoning and I agree, triforce really doesn't boost your damage 'that' much as irelia. And your right, she scales better with ad and as than ap currently.

I'll definately try this, its not as tanky and well rounded as the other builds but the idea of a constant slow and significant auto damage is appealing.

Emeraldw

04-25-2011

I think they partly get the item due to things like Sheen. Phage is a fine item for her, zeal is too, an early Sheen is great, why not build Triforce? Its only like 300 gold after you get all 3 items.

Sure you could make each into their respective item after that but that is a lot of gold.

That said, I can see why you might want a lot of AS on her. Her W is awesome but it isn't always active, I would try to get AD (like a phage) then go for Phantom dancer as Attack Speed only gets better once you have some AD.

I am hesitant to try going full on AD carry, as E does some good damage early/middle game. And that does like the Trinity. Late game I'm usually just trying to survive (getting more defensive items) or getting items to secure my dominance.

Ycore

04-25-2011

Yes you need attack speed, however I feel like Stark's fervor is far better than phantom dancer. Yeah, Dancer is 50% vs 20% attack speed on fervor, but fervor gives you godlike 20% lifesteal and health regen, AND it helps your entire team.

Again, mallet is redundant to T-force. T-force gives Irelia everything she needs in one neat item slot. Mainly T-force is godly for the Sheen proc and slow. You are getting Sheen and Mallet in one slot. You do know that her Q procs sheen right? Get a sheen, fire up her W, and Q in to get the additive effects of Sheen and W when you burst in.

That being said I agree her E is lackluster late game, and her late game burst potential has been neutered as a result. However, she still primarily has to depend on her burst. If you're sitting around autoattacking for more than a few seconds you get focused down.

I'm currently struggling with Irelia's role as I play against better teams. She absolutely rapes at chasing through the jungle or against a disorganized teams, but with zero escape and against an organized team, I find myself getting focused down more and more. She's almost like Akali minus the twilight shroud to escape.

My typical build.. * denotes precursor item. Try it out:
*Boots 1 + 3 pots
*Sheen
*Phage
T-force
Merc treads
Stark's fervor
Wit's End
Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel
Infinity Edge (if the game goes that long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuckteeth View Post

Feluu

04-25-2011

I agree with the above posters.. Trinity Force is overrated.. Starks definity a better choice unless you build AS Crit Irelia. I don't really see frozen hammer as a nessecity. The that nuch health is not nesecessary Id rather grab a Banshee and for the slow effect her skill and red buff is more than enough.

collute

04-25-2011

\what about sheen Q farming?
i can get every creep in a single wave under 5 seconds, early game lets you farm without getting gank because by the time they get to you, you are already moving on to other lanes to farm and at late game it's good for split pushing.
1 auto attack + 1 Q = 1 creep and repeat.

BatForLashes

04-26-2011

Trinity is definitely not a waste, your an idiot if you think it is. It has everything irelia needs in one item. Movespeed, attack speed, +150% AD proc, crit%, health, mana, and a slow. You should never build irelia hybrid, but a little ap never hurts as her E does scale with ap. The build that is posted is a complete glass cannon build with a little magic defense thrown in at the end when if an irelia is fed enough to be able to afford all of those very expensive items she should have carried the game already. There is a reason the pro's build her with a few specific items and although you should build based upon you're enemy team comp there is never any reason to avoid an item that has so many good qualities for an ad assassin such as irelia.
On the topic of your skill order irelia's Q and E are just too important early game for bursting and cc'ing the enemy to focus on her w. Her w is a lot more important later on when enemies start building armor so that you cant burst them down as quickly. Why spend 6 seconds auto attacking an enemy when you can burst them for half their health and leave them either slowed or stunned for 2 seconds to allow you to avoid most harass you would receive.

Feluu

04-26-2011

How are you going to say the other items are not expensive when Trinity Force is one of the most expensive items? It is true Hitan Style is an end game skill but unless your fed with a few kills its really hard getting full trinity. I prefer getting Sheen then Stark. Not a pro here, just my opinion.

hydrogencar

04-26-2011

This is why people look down on Mobafire.
The build is terrible, it's too expensive, you have literally no armor, PD is terrible on Irelia.
Mallet + Atmas would be a better combo, that way you would have some armor atleast, crit and decent AD through Mallet/Banshees.

Also you don't understand that Irelias job is to screw up and isolate enemy carries. Irelia is no carry.

A better build would be Brutalizer, Trinity Force, Spirit Visage, Banshees, GA.

This is how an Irelia guide looks like.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=720