Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x OZ x

03-05-2010

Mord is not UP,i liked the guide,the "how to play mord" part is very good but the "must" items are arguably a must.
Here another interesting build,you will not do tons of damage but you may feel immortal (reasonable 9450 gold build):

marks:9x armor pen
seals: 9x health reg/5
glyphs:9x cooldown red 0.65%
Quint: 3x flat hp or 2 x flat hp + 2.7/5 health reg

Masteries: 10-17-3 is my favorite (you can play with it as much as you want but 3 perseverance points with this build are important)

spells:ignite/teleport (ignite+ult rulez and teleport gives you a lot of cash and good map control cleaning up mid-game creeps waves)

Items:
- ruby cristal+ hp pot
- boots of speed
- regrowth pendant
- giant`s belt
- Warmogs (you can cap it incredibly fast)
- mercury`s treads
- force of nature
- sunfire cape

- sunfire cape (if the game is not over yet)

Miyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroniums View Post
While I don't feel Mordekaiser is underpowered per se, I don't really feel he can contribute AS MUCH to a teamfight as other champions. I still see him as more powerful than Dr. Mundo, but I think at leas thalf of his effectiveness comes from being scary as piss. I dont' just mean scary looking, I mean he's unharassable, throws out aoes everywhere, has a shield made of metal shards, and has an ult that turns you into his undead slave.

However, his ability to initiate rests entirely on just running out and start hitting people, and it feels like he doesn't have quite enough survivability to withstand a hardfocus early, so it's difficult to play him like a true tank. His damage is also marginal when compared to a Jax or Pantheon.

I do think the main reason people think he's underpowered is because of poor play though. It's somewhat difficult to balance being a tank and a dps, and so when people are confronted with that choice they often are either too aggresive and play like a real tank or underaggressive and play like a real dps, when he needs to be in the front, but not by much.
I think you play him like many I have seen. And this is why you don't see his survivability, you have to keep his shield up. That is 504(what i had at 18) more damage you have to take before they can hurt you. And if you are casting your E into a crowd of people you will keep it up in fights too. The more people you hit the more your shield fills.
I played a game with someone playing him very passive thus letting me kill him.
He is different from the rest of the Champions and will take some getting use to play, Some people will just not be able to play him.
Oh and I would like to say tank you for guide it was just what I was looking for.

Kyuketsuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2010

I'm actually suprised no one has thought of sheen on him. With him so reliant on using abilities to get back shield, why does no one use a sheen variant (trinity, lich) on him. I know this is more on the lines of dps, but he gets pretty good standard attack and with a high level q spell that applies sheen on hit vs minion/monster/champion. I know sheen got nerfed recently but it only take 1260 investment, something you can easily fit in witht he mad farming ability. I mean most people pick up phage on him anyway might as well grab the trinity force, instead of the frozen mallet.

Arturrian

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Spells: Ignite and your choice of anything other than Clarity for obvious reasons.
+1.

Ignite is amazing on Mordekaiser. I also recommend exhaust or ghost as the second summoner ability.

Also, at all the people saying W is useless: It's a free MR/Armor buff that you can throw on allies. And it does damage. It is WELL worth the points put into it. It's priceless to put it on an Amumu before he bandage toss/ults. So much damage.

I would also agree that EVERY Mordekaiser should go for Frozen Mallet OR Railai's Scepter for the slow and health. You are a tank, after all. My personal build is Regrowth Pendant > Phage > Boots (Berserker Greaves or Mercury Treads, depending on enemy team) > Frozen Mallet.

My 2 cents.
-Arturrian

Gumb E

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabus View Post
Whenever I play mord, even if I have a full shield, it gets stripped away almost immediately, but when I play against him it seems to take forever.

I guess it's who you lane against. I can never seem to play Mord very well, but always have a tough time against him.

There's no way to make the shield stronger is there?
This and this and this and this.

Thankfully, I play a pretty good Mundo.

KStrahd

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyo View Post
I think you play him like many I have seen. And this is why you don't see his survivability, you have to keep his shield up. That is 504(what i had at 18) more damage you have to take before they can hurt you. And if you are casting your E into a crowd of people you will keep it up in fights too. The more people you hit the more your shield fills.
I played a game with someone playing him very passive thus letting me kill him.
He is different from the rest of the Champions and will take some getting use to play, Some people will just not be able to play him.
Oh and I would like to say tank you for guide it was just what I was looking for.
I found that a pure tank build works only if there is a very good DPS player in your party. Otherwise, I've found that Mord needs to be pretty much a DPS/Tank hybrid build.

Reidan

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuketsuki View Post
I'm actually suprised no one has thought of sheen on him. With him so reliant on using abilities to get back shield, why does no one use a sheen variant (trinity, lich) on him. I know this is more on the lines of dps, but he gets pretty good standard attack and with a high level q spell that applies sheen on hit vs minion/monster/champion. I know sheen got nerfed recently but it only take 1260 investment, something you can easily fit in witht he mad farming ability. I mean most people pick up phage on him anyway might as well grab the trinity force, instead of the frozen mallet.
I get trinity force all the time on carrykaiser, makes mace of spades hit absurdly hard.

Silence7

03-07-2010

i just wanna say. without having to go AP, your w skills gives you survivability in the armor and magic resist. and it does 80 dps for 6s. your max level q skill gives you +100 damage . so you can do 100+AD(without AD items i think around 130?). so 230 on 3 units. 690 total. 80 dps x6 400dmg. on as many units as near you. so if there are 2 units near you you've already done more damage. now i know that noone will stand in your w for 6 seconds, but if you're chasing you can easily keep them in it. you can also stand in the middle of the ranged and melee creep waves and hit all of them. you can also hit all the creep wave with your e if you position yourself right. that will fill your shield almost completely. with that being said, mord is my new main. RIP Kat.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligr View Post
Known fact: Playing Mordekaiser with Disturbed - Indestructible track on repeat as background music boosts Mordekaisers' damage by 15%.
Ye..that's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidan View Post
I get trinity force all the time on carrykaiser, makes mace of spades hit absurdly hard.
Sheen is pretty good ye, make it into trinity force. I compensate for the lack of HP by getting rylais. Or sometimes i screw trinity and go sheen with frozen mallet.

I also get spirit visage. It rocks with your lifesteal and the CD reduction lets you spam even more.

Azghyn Nite

03-10-2010

maybe an Udyr's Guide to Udyr? And cool guide btw