Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

03-03-2010

Oh so, its a good idea to get both Frozen Mallet and Rylais on this guy? Or is it one or the other? :/ Might try him out as a tank after I add Jax to my collection and finish my attack speed/crit page to start working on my other page.

Or maybe that page will still work well with him...

Mercucial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f74gt-lh6Fk

Hey Udyr I was wondering if you get a chance (I would imagine you're pretty busy), could you watch that and let me know what you think about the guide/build? I did make that guide after only about 20-25 games played, so I will make another one once I've had more experience with him. I've also changed my build, I start with regrowth pendant know since it gives nice health regen early and builds into warmogs, and don't get FH anymore.

Khosrowshah

03-04-2010

Mord is god. Literally. Solo lane mid and pissing off ashe is just godly
Ofcourse in the process of pissing off any of those nukers or range characters you are also pushing your minions to their tower which between levels 8-10 will break due to the amount of pressure you are giving and while thats happening, you can literally by level 7 buy a blood thirster and level 8 will get you boots as well. After that..... well you basically own pretty badly. Going 2 to 1 wont even be an issue either though that depends on who you play against and whether you have full armour as well along with the right Button F and Button D spells like Healing and cleanse or what not. Iam not really that good at this game, dont really care about it but i gotta say that mordekaiser is the ****. Getting an easy 9 kills is no biggy for this bad ass :P

Ligr

03-04-2010

Known fact: Playing Mordekaiser with Disturbed - Indestructible track on repeat as background music boosts Mordekaisers' damage by 15%.

Rhadamantys

03-04-2010

Hmm i'm extremely surprised to hear that people call him underpowered, i would have said he's the most op character i've ever seen ... ofcourse i don't want him to be nerfed since i now play him all the time :PP but really, i was expecting a big fat nerf ! he is completely unharassable, crazy tank with more dps than any other :] even heimer can't hold a lane solo against him, he's a moving wall for creeps etc.. i'd have to get my ideas organised to explain why he is so op , but really i think anyone who has tried to play him cleverly will agree.

SalDarkSeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

the people i played against might not have knowen how mord worked but
me and my team bring a warwick who gos jungle i take the 2v1 lane and as soon as im level 2 i can push both champions to there tower in seconds its amazing really
last three games i played him in the 2v1 lane i got first blood double kill and i had about 6 kills by level 7 i was domminating so much that they left me alone in my lane till i took there inhib

i get a health pendant to start
and i get

1. E
2. Q
3. E
4. Q
5. E
6. R
why don't i get w
because E is really really mean and q helps that much more in keeping the shield full at all times

if you use the E right sooner or later in your lane you will be near full hp yet the other two will be about half and soon you can just walk over Q, E, R, ignite and there dead and if your lucky and are low hp the other will think he can kill you and forget about the shield and soon you kill him too
its how i keep getting double kill that shield is really op early game unless then can double stun you
late game you will suck thoguh unless you start building some tanky items as most champs can take your sheild down really really fast if they are hgih dps
so i usualy get boots of swiftness bloodthirster then warmogs with thornmail
and i end games with 16+ kills and 2 or less deaths with 5 assists its nasty
but i could have just been lucky who knows

Edit: i also go def tree and then the other points i put them in offenc down to the 15% magic pen

Aviseras

03-04-2010

The builds aren't neccessarily perfect in themselves, but they really show how to round out what he needs and play him in various ways. The slow is CRUCIAL whether you're supporting or DPSing, and the second you get it his usefulness skyrockets.

Mallet and Rylai's seems like overkill. Rylai's allows you to minor CC while tanking and Mallet lets you take your target down. Take whatever suits your game role.

Another item I've been having great success with is thormail mid-late game against DPS heavy teams. It nullifies their lifesteal and given that you have your shield, you can outlast them in pushes. It's also hillarious to watch someone crit you for like 1k w/o lifesteal and just instagib himself while chasing.

He's not that OP tbh. Against good players they'll ask for a lane switch and you can't handle bursty heroes. Ryze or Kat mid is going to take your shield down instantly, so unless you bought a lot of healing your farm is going to take a nosedive.

T0ggle

03-04-2010

Pfft I went 13/3 today as mordekaiser, but I was using my tank build.
it would seem its easier to kill things as a tank, because you can tank 2 hard carrys and still stack enough damage for a kill.

FatHamburger

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
call solo mid if you want
ucrazybro? pls don't encourage morde pickers (noobs) to feed mid. thank you !

SyeBlaze

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatHamburger View Post
ucrazybro? pls don't encourage morde pickers (noobs) to feed mid. thank you !
He's NOT crazy, believe it or don't.

Mordekaiser is a ridiculous mid laner.

However, I agree, most people have yet to get the hang of him. I have a pretty steady win-rate with him, and when I do mid we seem to do even better.

Hell, I even won with a tank Kassadin (weirdest build ever. Still not convinced it works since I was running more magic resist and armor with just Ninja Tabi and BEING mordekaiser.)

We got lucky that game and played like turtles, though, so I'm not certain it's a fluke :P

Mordekaiser is a very valid character, though. I would just suggest not letting him take mid if he's playing the character for the first time or three.

12345678 ... 12