Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormsoul

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
Yi doesn't "need" a snare (helps a lot though) because he has Highlander.

Generally, a melee hero needs to be able to do at least one the following to be playable: disable, chase, directly attack the enemy ranged carry (usually a blink of some kind), pop out when things get hairy (usually the blink again) or tank.

Hey, I just realized that Jax can do ALL of those things... please don't nerf him Riot

Mordekaiser can only tank or deal out DA BIG DEEPS, which plenty of other characters can do already. In that respect, I think he's sort of like Dr. Mundo: a lot of fun to play, and very powerful in lane, but not really as powerful late game as other carries. Probably, just like Mundo, he's very strong on Twisted Treeline.
confirmed, mord is ****ing amazing on TT. He's pretty much a god there.

ManOfTheRushHour

03-03-2010

Loved the guide, and wanted to know which build you favor more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Thats about it. There are a few other builds if people are interested.
also, care to share the other builds? I'm up for experimenting.

Remunial

03-03-2010

First off i'd like to say, great guide. Pretty much the same strategy and builds i've been using after some struggling games of testing. For summoner spells i'd definitely suggest Ignite, as you mentioned, and the second one I always get is Exhaust. It works well with his lack of CC.

I bought this champ the first day and didn't really like him at first. He seemed like less of a tank than some other champs, he seemed less of a threat than other DPS champs, and he had no CC's like most other champs. Needless to say this thought process came from being new to the champion and getting roflstomped game after game.

However, this all changed after I started getting used to his play-style some more. It took a number of games to finally understand his purpose and how much he can actually contribute to the team. I've come to the conclusion that he is one of the most well-balanced champs in the game.

I still believe he shouldn't be used as a main tank on a team. If he's built correctly and facing the right enemy make-up then he can become practically unkillable, but, he still lacks the correct initiation of a main tank. He is, however, a fantastic off-tank that can definitely soak up loads of damage to help out the main-tank.

He doesn't even have to build any physical or ability items to become a beast in battle. He can go all out tank-like items (merc treads, frozen mallet, warmog's, etc) and still dish out some heavy damage easily. Don't be afraid to take the hits for your team. If you use your skills correctly you can keep your shield up constantly and live for a VERY long time in a team fight, which in turn means you're doing more damage.

If you have a jungler on your team then go in his direction at the start of the game. If he wants to jungle more than lane then you can hold down your lane 2v1 with ease. Most champions that normally destroy melee champions early (Zilean comes to mind) will be very frustrated with how easily your shield stays fully charged...meaning their spells are doing nothing to you and their harass is failing.

Mordekaiser is really fun (still doesn't beat out Singed, though!!) so if you're having a hard time with him just keep at it. You will learn his playstlye and come to love it in time.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Mord's decent. He's offense is low due to having no means of keeping up with other targets like the other tanks do(i.e alistar's punt/kick, amumu's bandage toss, ramsus' stun, etc). However he's potentially the greatest damage soak outside of alistar's ult.

That's his selling point I think, he's the hardest to knock out of the lane, and he's got tools to melt creep waves, thus making them tower hug, and thereby reducing their gold earning.

Barnabus

03-03-2010

Whenever I play mord, even if I have a full shield, it gets stripped away almost immediately, but when I play against him it seems to take forever.

I guess it's who you lane against. I can never seem to play Mord very well, but always have a tough time against him.

There's no way to make the shield stronger is there?

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giandris View Post
I'm 13-2 in solo que games as Morde.

Magic pen, magic pen, magic pen... MAGIC PEN.

ruby crystal or vamp scept first

flat hp quints, magic pen red, CD reduction blue, yellow can be afew things

Sorc boots + Haunting guise as first completed items... then phage > Frozen Mallet...followed by sunfire cape.

Reason why you want magic pen - it not only aids in maintaining a full passive shield but it also boosts Kaiser's damage drastically. So you Siphon, toss W on as you reach the opponent, hit Q, siphon is up again use it, by this time you are being focused so use R on the tankiest, then Q is up again, then W is up.
I agree with this. Particularly if you play a tank Mord, go check out your post game damage. For me magic damage typically accounts for more than 80% of my total damage. So magic pen is good for Mord.

Although, personally, I like Rylai's more than frozen mallet. If you get a W off when you're standing next to an enemy, they generally aren't going to get away. It also has the potential to snare multiple enemies if they're grouped up tight.

Melph

03-03-2010

From my personnal experience with Morden:

- The best summoner skill is Cleanse. This same me countless time as you often go in as initiator and it will allow you to replenish your shield in opportunist time. CC is probably the highest treath to Morden. Taking this skill allow you to get different boots then Mercury tread (with are still nice combine with cleanse) for better attack or chasing. Plus I like speccing in defence to get the +60 HP in the beggining with the cleanse spec.

- Depending of your/opponent team composition you can go DPS or Tank. DPS is more like a Malphite. Not much burst damage but you are tougher then most DPS. Tank is just like Udyr describe.

- One item that's very underated currently is the Guinzoo's Rageblade. This item will stack very fast in combat and provide very good AD & AP + speed for the price.

- Depending on your playstyle/preference you need to get Rylai Scepter/Frost Hammer ASAP. This will help you and your team get more kill plus they both provide additional survivability by increasing your HP.

- Even if you don't have Mana, Golem buff is usefull to reduce cooldown. Grab it when opportunity arise.

Grovel

03-03-2010

Sorry for the derail, but the most intimidating, non-mid, Morde I've seen so far has been the super tank, creep farmer, lane pusher.

Warmog's > Force of Nature > Warden's > Guardian Angel > Banshee's. Yeah, it's expensive but unlike every other tank (besides Singed) Morde can farm creeps with the best of them.

Maybe it was just my team and the fact Morde had just been released but this guy was unstoppable. He spent most of the post laning phase farming neutrals and empty lanes, but the creep/level advantage gave him the gold to get super tank very quickly. He could still put out enough DPS to kill softer carries quickly and unless 3 people could gank him we couldn't bring him down.

Luckily his teammates were terrible and we eventually overwhelmed him, but it was silly how much of a damage soak he was and could still put out nasty damage on any of our carries.

Not sure how viable such a build is now that people have adjusted to seeing him in game, but the first Morde tank I ever saw left me in awe.

Melph

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
Sorry for the derail, but the most intimidating, non-mid, Morde I've seen so far has been the super tank, creep farmer, lane pusher.

Warmog's > Force of Nature > Warden's > Guardian Angel > Banshee's. Yeah, it's expensive but unlike every other tank (besides Singed) Morde can farm creeps with the best of them.
Yeah this will make you very tough to kill but that's it. You will provide no benefice to your teamate and opponent will quickly ignore you to kill your teamate leaving you alone to face 1 vs 4/5 and even with such item you wont last.

H41RB4LL

03-03-2010

I don't get why the first item is doran's...
i always rush spirit visage(incr hp regen by 30% And eve more important CD red)
boots(depending on team)
Brutalizer(more CD red to keep the armor stacked)
warmog's
then the game ussually is over if not:
frozen mallet or rylai's
and a guardian angel

PS: as summoner skills i get exhaust and rally.
exhaust is more for the blind then for the slow
and rally can get you some double kills on lvl 1 and is really handy late game for the team.

1234567 ... 12