Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wizardhawk

03-02-2010

Pretty good guide, goes kind of with how I like to play him. At first I started with the doran's shield (for the hp boost to give me some leeway til I got the hang of him), but now I start with a regrowth pendant. Once you play a couple of games with him and if you know how to use Siphon good, then you don't need the 120 hps boost. This also works because the regrowth pendant is already 475 gold towards my warmogs (which I always get first on him), vs a doran's shield which only gives you 217 gold towards warmogs when you sell it back.

I usually go for ignite and flash (flash is very handy for chasing someone down, or getting away, but I usually use it to chase). I do 9/21/0 masteries too, to get imrpoved ignite. I use my magic pen runes on him, but I only have 2 sets of runes, 14 magic pen and 6.5 dodge, or 14 crit chance, 6.5 dodge and 3% attack speed.

Mordekaiser can lane great with anyone, but it's better if you don't stack him with another super-farmer like sivir.

For skills i usually go Siphon, mace, siphon, then switch between siphon and creeping death, saving the other 4 in mace for my last 4 levels (ulti levels excluded). At first I went for solely mace and siphon, due to underestimating creeping death, but it's actually a very nice move.

Item wise, like I said, I start with regrowth, then I lane until I can buy a giants belt + basic boots, which I turn into either mercury treads of sorcerer shoes depending on if I need the mercuries or not. After that, finish up warmogs, and then you can either go for rylai's for the slow, or a force of nature is nice if you need the magic resist. Most of the items are really situational based on the enemy team composition, but I always do warmogs first. Heavy physical team = get a thornmail or warden mail. Guardian angel is always nice too.

AFKray

03-02-2010

christ now everyone's gonna be playing him!!! BAH, now to ironically go back to Udyr.

Giandris

03-02-2010

I'm 13-2 in solo que games as Morde.

Magic pen, magic pen, magic pen... MAGIC PEN.

ruby crystal or vamp scept first

flat hp quints, magic pen red, CD reduction blue, yellow can be afew things

Sorc boots + Haunting guise as first completed items... then phage > Frozen Mallet...followed by sunfire cape.

Reason why you want magic pen - it not only aids in maintaining a full passive shield but it also boosts Kaiser's damage drastically. So you Siphon, toss W on as you reach the opponent, hit Q, siphon is up again use it, by this time you are being focused so use R on the tankiest, then Q is up again, then W is up.

edit: and I max Siphon and Shield - take one point in Q at some point between 1-5 the rest dump into E > W > R >Q... the 90 dps shield + 40 dps sunfire while constantly filling up your passive really wears down most champs 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1. People will start getting MR when they see a good Morde on the opposing team.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
So, why didn't you just give him one built-in if he's reliant on a snare to kill people?
ya, shouldve given yi a snare too... ****, might as well give everyone a snare and just remove all slowing items.

ŠØÜLŠTÊÅLËR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I'm pretty sure i played with him before he was beast

Toxic Nerve

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
It provides an Armor/MR buff while its active and the visual impact makes enemies believe that it may be more powerful that it actually is. Also, since you can place it on friendlies, you can grab a couple extra last hits by placing it correctly.

that right there like proves his creeping death is just flashy, and isnt as awesome as everyone claims it to be, especially the people that max it first. is all psychological.

Nyagamun

03-02-2010

Quote:
The Hammer build would focus mostly on kills, grabbing a Rylais, a Bloodthirster, a Frozen Mallet, etc and moving around the map to gank. Use your Ult to get kills and abuse the Lizard rune as much as possible. This build is most effective against non-bursty, more dps based teams (Teemo, Tristana, Pantheon, etc). Your general survivability and constant slow will keep enemies snared enough for kills, and you won't really have to worry about being bursted down. Usual scores are around 9-3.

are you suggesting getting rylai's AND frozen mallet? is it just for survivability and damage? or is it for the slow when you're just out of reach for a hit, but can still get an ability?

Morzas

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
ya, shouldve given yi a snare too... ****, might as well give everyone a snare and just remove all slowing items.
Yi doesn't "need" a snare (helps a lot though) because he has Highlander.

Generally, a melee hero needs to be able to do at least one the following to be playable: disable, chase, directly attack the enemy ranged carry (usually a blink of some kind), pop out when things get hairy (usually the blink again) or tank.

Hey, I just realized that Jax can do ALL of those things... please don't nerf him Riot

Mordekaiser can only tank or deal out DA BIG DEEPS, which plenty of other characters can do already. In that respect, I think he's sort of like Dr. Mundo: a lot of fun to play, and very powerful in lane, but not really as powerful late game as other carries. Probably, just like Mundo, he's very strong on Twisted Treeline.

Deception

03-02-2010

've got a pretty clean record with mord.

I play him as a tank/dps but little dps.

9-21-0

Physical Teams:
Dorans
Giant Belt
Boots
Wand
Ryl
Treads
Thornmail or Sunfire
Thornmail or Sunfire
????(w/e you need depending on game)

Mix/AP
Beads + 6 pots
Visage
boots
Belt
Ryl
Treads
Aegis/GA
????(w/e you need)

I usually get last hits with my ult on champs and then use the soul to let me team tower dive, own team fights, or just get kills myself. With this build alone I went 3v1 by accident and ended up with a kill and my teammates getting in at the last second to get me by with 17 health and finish off the other two.

I think thornmail is very powerful on this champ, and should be used for all of his builds esp early game.

Khranz

03-02-2010

I don't like Stark's on Mordekaiser. Sure, the team benefits from it, but Morde little needs attack speed, life steal OR armor pen (all his abilities are magic dmg). Typically there's someone better suited to taking it.

I personally think he works best loading out Damage Resistance and either Rylai's or Frozen Mallet and a Bloodthirst/Black Cleaver.

Recently I've been using the following build with great success. Dorans > Deathfire > Rylai's > Merc Treads > GA > Sunfire > Warmog's, with Magic Pen and dmg resistance runes. I almost always get 10+ kills and 15-20 assists with this build. Death fire is there primarily for the active ability as it's up every time I'm ready to Flash + Ult. I'm TEMPTED to try a Magic Penetration build, because with the abysmal AP scaling, I think Morde might get more out of it than he does from AP. That, or I might just take all Magic Pen runes and stick with my current hybrid Tank/AP build.

123456 ... 12