Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BW Sneaky QC

12-26-2010

way to bump.

Xtchizobr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
J/K guise, Mordekaiser is so easy to play that any brain-dead monkey could faceroll any team comp except one that includes himself. Just use your super farming to buy nothing but tank gear and one Sunfire, voila! Win!
i figured you could use a little editing to make it a smidge better read. i only had to fix a few things for ya.

leinad

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroniums View Post
While I don't feel Mordekaiser is underpowered per se, I don't really feel he can contribute AS MUCH to a teamfight as other champions. I still see him as more powerful than Dr. Mundo, but I think at leas thalf of his effectiveness comes from being scary as piss. I dont' just mean scary looking, I mean he's unharassable, throws out aoes everywhere, has a shield made of metal shards, and has an ult that turns you into his undead slave.

However, his ability to initiate rests entirely on just running out and start hitting people, and it feels like he doesn't have quite enough survivability to withstand a hardfocus early, so it's difficult to play him like a true tank. His damage is also marginal when compared to a Jax or Pantheon.

I do think the main reason people think he's underpowered is because of poor play though. It's somewhat difficult to balance being a tank and a dps, and so when people are confronted with that choice they often are either too aggresive and play like a real tank or underaggressive and play like a real dps, when he needs to be in the front, but not by much.

i totally agree

Best Panda NA

06-14-2011

Does full tank Mordekaiser ever work out? I was wondering. An item build such as merc treads, sunfire, abysall septer, warmogs, rylais and gaurdian. Also, I was wondering how does rushing a hextex revolver, the spell vamp work out?

Etherimp

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Full View Post
Does full tank Mordekaiser ever work out? I was wondering. An item build such as merc treads, sunfire, abysall septer, warmogs, rylais and gaurdian. Also, I was wondering how does rushing a hextex revolver, the spell vamp work out?
As for Full Tank, I would not recommend it personally. Without a lot of AP/CDR you can basically be ignored by the enemy team. There are plenty of offensive items with defensive attributes on them that you can fit into your build which will still allow you to take quite a beating whilst kicking ass and taking names.

Warmogs is almost always a no-no.

Rylia's is overrated in my opinion but it depends on the enemy team comp (For example, against a full team of AD I would go Rylia's where as against balanced/AP team I would go Abyssal Scepter instead.)

Merc Treads are never a "bad" option, but I prefer Sorc Treads for the increased DPS they provide. More damage = more shield.

Gaurdian I don't really find necessary.

Sunfire is much too expensive for what it provides.

Try getting a good mix of CDR, AP, MR, Armor, Spell Pen, and SOME Health.

My build for the last several weeks has been more or less the following:

Runes:

Blue - CDR
Red - MPen
Yellow - Armor
Quint - HP

Masteries
9/0/21 focusing on Spell pen/CDR and non-mana related abilities. (Although Mana+Health regen from tier 1 Utility is not bad. You need the HP Regen)

Starting items - Rejuev Bead + Health Pots + *Optional* Ward depending on where you are laning at.) OR Regrowth Pendant + 2 Health Pots

First trip back - Boots -> Sorc Shoes

From there, I start building CDR...

Morello's Evil Tome is the cheapest and highest AP and CDR.

DeathFire Grasp is slightly more expensive but you can build it with Lucky Pick (which helps slightly getting the gold quicker), and it provides you with a great active ability at the cost of a little CDR and a little AP.

Personally, I prefer Morello's for the additional CDR, but DFG essentially gives you additional burst. Your Ult + Ignite + DFG active is an amazing combo.

From here on out is rather situational. If I'm having more trouble with AP carrys I will go Abyssal.

If I'm having trouble with AD carrys I will start building Randiuns Omen. If I am not dying and getting a lot of kills or ALMOST getting a lot of kills I will go with Hextech Revolver, and Sheen, which I will then build into GunBlade and Lichbane later on. I always build them side-by-side, though.

If you went with Regrowth Pendant instead of Rejuev Bead you will sell ReGrowth Pendant after you pick up Randiuns Omen OR Hextech Revolver/Gunblade.

So, final build will look something like this:

Sorc Boots (Spell pen)
Randiuns Omen (Armor needs, HP Regen, some CDR + AOE Slow)
Morellos or DFG (Your choice. Both provide AP/CDR. Morellos provides more sustained damage and DFG more burst)
Abyssal Scepter (AP + Spell Pen + MR)
Hextech Gunblade (AP, AD for your Q, Spellvamp/LD + Targetted slow)
Lichbane (AP, MR, Speed Boost, and makes your Q combined with Hextech absolutely brutal. Talking ~900-1200 damage.)

Ambushking

06-14-2011

its because they are not use to a morde char.

he is very good if u play him right.....

i play a magic/armor stacker with magic pen.... eats face.

Zepy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastafariane View Post
i play with these
Mercury's Treads
Randuin's Omen
Guardian Angel (or Force of Nature instead)
Warmog's Armor
Thornmail
Sunfire Cape

or
Mercury's Treads
Aegis of the Legion
Randuin's Omen
Frozen Mallet
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Sunfire Cape
this gives you no damage at all, mord is able to wreck if you give him some ap, so i sugjest getting the ap/health items on him, like a rod of the ages.

Rylentlar

08-22-2011

I find the best way to contribute as morde is to stack magic pen boots, and multiple gunblades along with a ryelais or haunting guise, and to throw in a rabadon's if you are one of the only AP champs on your team. What you lack in support you make up for in multi-kills.

Oh and I go flat health runes with 21utility/9Damage masteries.

Shabka

08-22-2011

The way I play Mordekaiser is tanky with some AP. MPen Marks, Health per lvl seals, cdr glyphs, and health quints. starting with a regrowth pendent and pot, maxing out e and w first to be able to take the most dmg, Sorc boots, then building a sunfire or FoN depending on who you are laning against, then which ever I didnt originally make finish that item (Sunfire or FoN), Rylais for a slow, health and some ap, frozen heart afterwards (should have max cdr or near max cdr with this and a lot of armor even if it does give mana which is useless the cdr makes this item worth it), then an abyssal scepter for additional ap and magic resist. With this just learning to play him properly will allow you to be extremely tanky and do a lot of dmg late game.

Flawliss

08-22-2011

LOL a necro thread, i remember when udyr posted this guide, was a few weeks after morde's release i think