What am I doing wrong? I did my 10 ranked games and I'm at 1137..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scary Wolf Man

01-23-2012

4 wins, 6 losses

I consider myself to be good at Shen, Karthus, Malphite, Alistar, and jungle xin.

I go top as Shen, support bot Alistar or Malphite, or mid Karthus...

However I just played games with people like our Kogmaw last game who had NEVER fought against a Veigar... the Kog rushed a deathcap first... vs a veigar... and got destroyed...

He fed mid, bottom was tristana and blitz... and they were 2/7 and 4/5 or something.... and our jungler did his best to gank but due to our team mates being dumb (jungle yorick ulted the tristana, but tris runs out after being ulted...) he went 2/7 also...

I was top vs a nasus, and I outfarmed him but went 0/2 because 3 fed champs showed up and I got plowed...then I died the second time when I ulted to save 3 of my team mates vs a fed cait/veigar but we all died... sigh...

How do I win ranked games when 3+ of my team mates suck? I'm always the most farmed (if I play shen or karthus), I always ward my lane and their jungle entrance, and hell I take teleport on shen so I am literally everywhere... but instead of pushing when I'm in a lane my team mates go base...

Deathfairy

01-23-2012

1) you played only 10 games
2) Maybe you not as good as you think?
3) trolls/afk/feeders happen to both team.
4) you can cry a river about elo hell and how your team brings you down, or get better, play more and move up.. Your choice.
5) you didnt win your lane, just because you slightly outfarmed your opponent does not mean you deserve a win. I v had plenty of game where i lose with scores like 22:5:16. They happen, get over it.

Amoc

01-23-2012

Law of averages says that your opponents are just as likely to have dumb people on their team. A good player will (eventually) show that he makes enough difference on bad teams to carry them some of them to victory. That won't happen every game, but play enough and it will happen enough for your elo to rise. Eventually you should end up playing people the same skill level as you and you'll stick around at an elo for awhile.

Nobody wants to admit they're bad, but 90% of people at a low elo say that it's because they ALWAYS get a bad team. Think about that for a second though and try to figure out how that's even possible. Your low elo is a result of 1 of 3 reasons:

1) Riot hates you and is maliciously grouping you with morons
2) You haven't played enough games to get a realistic representation of your skill level
3) You're actually a baddie.

Only two of those makes sense, and you have to play more games to figure out which it is .

Scary Wolf Man

01-23-2012

thnx for the replies. i am not saying i'm pro or anything (i'm still in the learning phase, but I've read guides on proper warding and supporting team mates) but i do try my best in a game. sometimes i just feel like my team mates dont care for winning as much as i do...

oh well just played a game as karth and won

Ajna

01-23-2012

If you truly think you're better than your team, feel free to give them tips and suggestions along the way. Don't whine and complain the whole game, and try to keep positive. Communication and team morale are huge, and no one likes to be angry while they play.

Drewbiedew

01-23-2012

I suggest you find a duo partner who you believe to be good, then your chances of improving your elo will be much higher.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

I am a true believer that ELO hell doesn't exist.

Seriously, you see all those top players who also got ELO reset when pre-season 2 just started? It took them less than 50 games to get back to where they were.

Give it some time, if you have the skill/ you actually learn every game, your ELO will go up.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1690265
Free feel to ask my questions if you need help.

Gato Muerto

01-23-2012

There IS some amount of ELO hell. Yes, better players will get out of there faster, but then again serious players don't solo-queue exclusively.