Snowball Jax: Item Theory

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSponge View Post
I posted the DPS rankings. The calculations seemed to come out as expected showing scalable items near the top. I think IE's high ranking demonstrates why it's a top-ELO item (fewer kills means you can't feed the bloodthirster). Biggest surprise is how Sword of the Divine ranks higher than stacked rageblade. This is the perfect counter to another Jax but also works well for general DPS value.

When you see what shows up on both lists, it's clear that Atma's can be very effective when you go AD over AP (as you will gain the HP faster with other AD items). Stacked Warmog's is still tops for value and easy to stack with a champ like Jax.

So, with AP analysis still underway, I think DPS Jax wants:
Regrowth Pendant
Boots > Boots2
BF Sword or Pickaxe
Warmog's
Atma's
BF Sword/Pickaxe > IE
BF Sword > Bloodrazor / Last Whisper

This puts Jax around 4k HP (tanky) and amazing damage potential.
regrowth pendant is not necessary if you arent going to build anything with it.. and warmogs.. are you serious? you can get just as much hp as it gives if you stack damage..

AutoSponge

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
regrowth pendant is not necessary if you arent going to build anything with it.. and warmogs.. are you serious? you can get just as much hp as it gives if you stack damage..
Are you a little slow? Maybe just bad at math, then?

Stacked Warmog's (easy to stack with DPS Jax) gives 1120 (770+450) hp and 92.5 Hp5 regen for 3200 gold (with Atma's you get more). To get that much HP, you'll need 244 AD (no regen though) at a cost of about 9028 gold.

That's not even close. You are a moron.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSponge View Post
Are you a little slow? Maybe just bad at math, then?

Stacked Warmog's (easy to stack with DPS Jax) gives 1120 (770+450) hp and 92.5 Hp5 regen for 3200 gold (with Atma's you get more). To get that much HP, you'll need 244 AD (no regen though) at a cost of about 9028 gold.

That's not even close. You are a moron.
9000 gold for 244 ad+1100hp, or 3200 for 1100hp.. hmm... you forget that champions are actually supposed to do damage?

and you guys can use your formulas and math all you want, but that doesnt mean that the **** actually works in a real game environment. I have tried ap and unless the my team is really good and carries me im useless. with ad thats a different story and i can actually get kills by myself.

AutoSponge

03-03-2010

Quote:
9000 gold for 244 ad+1100hp, or 3200 for 1100hp.. hmm... you forget that champions are actually supposed to do damage?

and you guys can use your formulas and math all you want, but that doesnt mean that the **** actually works in a real game environment. I have tried ap and unless the my team is really good and carries me im useless. with ad thats a different story and i can actually get kills by myself.
I didn't say this was a tested build, I said it appeared to give the best value for the gold spent. However, I was calling you out on your ridiculous statement that you could farm 9000 gold and get "the same HP as warmog's".

You still don't seem to understand, I spent 1/3 the gold and used one slot. You have to buy 5 BF Swords to get the same HP. Which one is realistic? You tell me.

FeLpZ

03-03-2010

who the **** stacks bf swords?

Meepro

03-03-2010

You forget that besides more dmg = more hp, more dmg also = more survivability due to killing some1 faster even if u're slowed (not talking about teamfights)

FeLpZ

03-03-2010

he doesnt understand that, all he understands are his excel's numbers

Dragonmount

03-03-2010

Quote:
he doesnt understand that, all he understands are his excel's numbers
You don't seem to understand that a dead jax does no dps.

FeLpZ

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmount View Post
You don't seem to understand that a dead jax does no dps.
neither does one stacking warmogs.

AutoSponge

03-03-2010

Quote:
neither does one stacking warmogs.
No one stacked Warmog's. It's a single purchase during mid-game (you know, when creeps are pushing and everyone's scrounging for gold trying not to get ganked).

And buying BF Swords (then converting them later) is the best DPS for the money on Jax (with a Recurve Bow). So... yeah, you don't know anything.

Please don't retort with "I OWNZ ALL D NUBS WIT MAH UBER PWRFL OP BUILD." Because just about anyone can play Jax to a positive KD. I'm trying to do the analysis so people playing higher ELO use their precious gold wiser. In low ELO, it doesn't matter--gold flows from the blood of noobs.