How do you kill Master Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kitmuri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

No i'm not trolling...

He does insane amounts of dmg once hes mid-end game.. Around mid game hes got better escape mechanics then if you were able to spam flash... and has enough lifesteal and tank that he survives through many stuns long enough to ulti away...

Only way ive seen a (GOOD PLAYER PLAYING) Yi die is when i attack him from behind, another gets infront of his path hes running... and third person flanks him.. even then it takes 2 exhausts, and a taunt and a stun..and just ugh... so i've never played yi...wtf is the counter to his ulti? (assuming ulti is the one that makes him immune to exhaust and slows and ****)

Munzta1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

play annie

nuffsaid

Dark Spacing

04-23-2011

Yi is my go-to character, while his ulti negates slows, he can still be rooted/stunned. You need to coordinate stuns with your team to take him out (don't use all stuns at once). As Munzta1 stated annie/other ranged nuke with stun will dominate Yi. If you know Yi is going to kill you, try to stay alive until his ulti is off, that way he cannot faceroll your team.

Kitmuri

04-23-2011

hmm fair enough on annie...im usually katarina and even if im 25-2 fed.... a 10-5 yi can still completely destroy me and my entire team every game i see him in... of course, if the yi is good.

Endarius

04-23-2011

Frozen heart + Thornmail.

Munzta1

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitmuri View Post
hmm fair enough on annie...im usually katarina and even if im 25-2 fed.... a 10-5 yi can still completely destroy me and my entire team every game i see him in... of course, if the yi is good.
cc.......

Daikaze

04-23-2011

Reduce his health to zero... It's quite easy really.

Cerubois

04-23-2011

A stun with any dps character can take out any Yi. Sion destroys him easily. An Ashe can take him out. Tryndamere just laughs at him, even when he doesn't have a stun. Basically, give your carry a stun on him and take him out in a flat second. Most Yi's build glass cannon builds and attempt to fight 1v1 or not at all. The ones that do build tanky AD are a bit tougher, but the same strat works. He's weak to burst damage. AP Yi's, well... Pretty much the same story. Either you kill him quick or not at all.

Just so you know, exhaust isn't as effective against him since he can't be slowed with his ult.

Pig Magus

04-23-2011

If he's AD thornmail. If he's AP magic resist and stun him out of meditate.

Deceiver9811

04-23-2011

The best way I have found to deal with him, is to have someone with a stun/disable lane with him. Then have that person constantly stunning Yi, but rarely following it up, just plink away at his health. Eventually he will have to either retreat, or his health will be low enough for you to kill him before stun/disable wears off. This keeps him from getting an easy farm early game, and thus mid game he won't be as much of a threat. At this point however, it's best to stay near an ally or tower, especially if he is going AD, if he's going AP, just wait until his Q is on cooldown to approach him. Late game, if he is still a threat, gank him with stuns/disables.