Fiddle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2010

Okay, I've recently got fiddle and I love him ( As fun as Trynd, except I'm good with fiddle ), but I have a few questions. After reading a few threads about him this is my item build:

Haunting Guise
Sorcery Boots
Rylai's Scepter
Deathfire Grasp
Banshee's Veil/Guardian Angel/Thornmail/Etc

Summoner Spells: Ghost/Flash

Masteries: 9/0/17

Runes ( Only have one since my full Crit damage book =/= fiddle ):

Marks: Magic Penetration
Glyphs: Not sure.
Seals: Thinking Mana Regen at 18
Quintessences: Magic Penetration

What do you guys think?

wildfire393

02-28-2010

I feel it is important to know a few things about Magic Resistance and its interactions with magic penetration and reduction when you are playing Fiddlesticks.

Most Champions have between 25 and 35 Magic Resistance at first level (most of them 30). Most non-caster champions have no growth of their Magic Resistance.

Fiddlesticks' Dread reduces Magic Resistance by 16. A full set of Marks + Quints of Magic Pen gives ~15 Magic Penetration. This means that most non-caster champions will have 0 Magic Resistance against you unless they buy MR items.

What does this mean for you? Well, Magic Resistance cannot be Penetrated below 0. Reduction, however, can lower MR below 0 (but then any Magic Penetration you have is wasted). This means that if no enemy has any MR items, Haunting Guise/Sorc Boots are wasted Magic Pen. It is better to start with the parts of other AP items, and buy Guise/Boots only if the enemy team stacks some MR.

Also Guise + Deathfire gives you 25% Cooldown reduction, which, combined with your runes and Masteries gives you max reduction (once you have at least 19 points in Utility, that is). So Frozen Heart is unnecessary.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2010

I do not use the Guise solely for penetration, Cooldown reduction and more regeneration is very nice. But, if you have any improvements, what might they be?

Lynxion

03-01-2010

Bump.

OmniOblivion

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
Okay, I've recently got fiddle and I love him ( As fun as Trynd, except I'm good with fiddle ), but I have a few questions. After reading a few threads about him this is my item build:

Haunting Guise
Sorcery Boots
Rylai's Scepter
Deathfire Grasp
Banshee's Veil/Guardian Angel/Thornmail/Etc

Summoner Spells: Ghost/Flash

Masteries: 9/0/17

Runes ( Only have one since my full Crit damage book =/= fiddle ):

Marks: Magic Penetration
Glyphs: Cooldown Reduction at 18
Seals: Thinking Mana Regen at 18,Flat HP, Hp at 18 not sure ( need help deciding )
Quintessences: Magic Penetration

What do you guys think?
I like to start with Sapphire Crystal and go for Catalyst first. This can keep Fiddles in lanes longer.

I don't recommend Mejai early because of his poor AP scaling, but if you can get kills off fiddle, then go for it.

Abyssal Scepter is a good addition to Fiddle's passive. Fiddles does not have a good AP scaling on any of his abilities, but lowering Magic Resist/Pierce can make up for it immensely.

Rod of Ages keeps his mana and HP up.

After you grab these items, I would work up a Defense. Frozen Heart isn't a bad investment, especially against physical DPS. But Guardian Angel is a decent alternative.

If you end up being a high-priority target, rush build your defense first. It's crucial that Fiddles stays in lanes to harass the enemy champions because of Dark Wind's bounces.

I prefer raw Mana than Mana Regen because Fiddles can use up his abilities pretty quickly if you play aggressive, so Mana is really the best way to go. A Chalice can fix up your mana if you decide to go Mana Regen.

CD isn't too important. It's really only the Ult that will benefit off the CD. I've seen players that can kills groups w/o the Ult.

Lynxion

03-01-2010

Yeah, I don't know what to get for Glyphs, after looking at my item build I max CD Reduction really quickly.

Lynxion

03-02-2010

Bump.

Paathos

03-02-2010

I would replace the haunting guise by a rod of ages. I usually get lots of ap for my fiddle. Most people say he's got an horrible ap scaling but you have to consider all his skills are multi hits. +50 dmg on dark wind is actually 550 more dmg which is pretty good. Most people only have 25~35 m resist. If you get sorc shoes + runes (let's say 10 m pen ) plus your passive and mastery, the m resist of most of the champions in the game will be around 0. If they buy lots of m pen I just get a void staff.

gosp

Recruiter

03-02-2010

I start off going for catalyst, because he's really squishy. Then Mejaias and Mercury treads (or ninja tabi if CC isn't a big deal, or Mobility if you're feeling awesome). About 20 minutes you can get yourself a rod of ages, then start working on an abyssal scepter. Their carry likely will get knocked below 0 MR with this, so you're golden. After that, my build varies based on the situation. Ryalais probably if I don't need more anti-squish. Zhonya's if I'm already running a bunch of Mejaias stacks. Guardian Angel will always piss them off.

Never forget golem. 9% masteries + 6% runes + Golem = maxed cooldown.

M3MBRAN3

03-03-2010

I have been playing fiddle for a while now and the problem most people seem to have with him is that they expect him to burst damage like annie and ryze and take out champions in 2 seconds. He really does well in team fights though where he can incapacitate their carry for 3 seconds and silence the entire team.

For my runes I like magic pen marks, hp seals and cooldown reduction glyphs. I find that from his passive and runes you shouldn't need to purchase any more magic pen / reduction items and the cooldown from the runes should be adequate too.

My item build usually consists of
mana crystal + 2hp pots
catalyst
sorcerer's shoes
banshee's veil
rod of ages
zhonyas

Although realistically the game should be over around about when you finish RoA. Going Banshee's before RoA allows you to survive most focus fire as you block their snare and can then flash out of the situation. As your silence and stun does not rely on AP it does not matter that you are not getting it until late game.

I generally don't rape face like I do with Ryze but you should still be getting decent numbers with very few deaths.