Advice on sivir: Is this build viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schizofrenia

03-02-2010

so, i just came up with a build for sivir, in here id like to lay it down, and tell you why this COULD work.
now, i need your advice on this, cuz i cant test it atm [my pc is dead, and im posting this from a laptop to ****ty to handle LoL].

so, this is the build:
#1 Boots of your choice [berserker greaves, or ninja tabi work well with this build, but mercs are also viable] but lets just go with bers for now.
#2 Nashors tooth
#3 starks fervor
#4 Infinity edge
#5 guinsoo's rageblade
#6 Phantom dancer

now, ill try to explain why id use these items aight?
-boots are selfexplanatory...
-nashors gives you attack speed [always usefull] ability power [to make your boomerang blade hit harder] and cooldown reduction [to use your boomerang blade more often, aswell as your ult]
-Starks... again, rather selfexplanatory for a sivir [life steal, attack speed, 30 HP/5 and -25 armor for all nearby enemies]
-IE increases base damage wich helps make ricochet do more damage, and makes you kill your target faster...
-Guinsoo gives you attack damage [wich translates into more dmg for ricochet, and higher crits on your main target] ability power makes boomerang do even more damage and a good amount of attack speed.
-phantom dancer gives you crit [wich synergises well with IE] attack speed [always good] and dodge, wich synergises well with your passive [and ninja tabi if you have it, and the mastery that gives +10 MS upon dodging( which i have) this translates into a great escapability from ganks] it also gives Movement speed, wich ALSO helps you escape nasty situations.

lets see what this built gives you in total:
Attack damage: +80 [IE] +35 [Guinsoo] = +115 extra base damage.
ability power: +55 [Nashors] +45 [base guinsoo] +48 [Upon the original 45, if guinsoo is fully loaded] = +100 [base] +148 [if guinsoo is fully loaded]
Crit chance: +20 [IE] +30 [PD] = +50% in total
crit damage: +50% [IE]
Cooldown reduction: -25% [Nashor]
life steal: 20% [starks]

it also gives you great dodge, especially if you take ninja tabi and remember to keep mobile, great MS which increases if you dodge, making ninja tabi very valuable.
with full guinsoo stacks ur near max attack speed... and with ur ult, it will max out.

a quick recap what this build does for you:
it maxes ur boomerang hit like a truck, nearly maxes your attack speed, with golem buff makes ur ult available every 54 seconds, gives quite good single target DPS [VERY good actually...] incredible escape ability [you dodge ALOT, and as you dodge, you get faster making your escape near guaranteed unless they have a stun or snare], makes your boomerang available every 5.2 seconds if you have golem [which is you MAIN buff].

the only thing is... im not sure if it has enough mana regen...

SO, will it work? what are the downsides?
LETS GET TO IT!!!

Nihil Sine Nefas

03-02-2010

Do you seriously expect to be able to buy all these items in one game?

Empyron

03-02-2010

CDR to spam boomerang blade does no good if you have no mana regen.

Rancid Sac

03-02-2010

Meki Pendant + health pot

Boots of speed + chalice of harmony + Vampiric sceptre

Boots of mobility + recurve bow + Emblem of valour

Upgrade to Stark's Fervor

BF sword

Upgrade to Bloodthirster

At this point it should pretty much be game over. ALWAYS get a bloodthirster, as you can get the stacks in literally 1-2 minutes on sivir if you have boots of mobility and a team that is even slightly decent.

If the game continues, just buy more blood thirsters. Stack damage instead of speed for three reasons: 1) each ricochet costs mana, so make them count and 2) in team fights you will be relatively squishy so you'll just be looking to pop in a hit or two and run, in this case you wont need attack speed 3) In team fights it's better for your ricochet to do as much damage as possible. On another note, crit hits only proc on the first minion when you use ricochet, so dont bother with any crit items.

summoner spells - clarity OR teleport and ghost OR flash, matter of personal preference really.

I usually take clarity so i can give mana to my team mates (i run utility masteries) and ghost or flash just depends on if i feel like running fast or disappearing

Schizofrenia

03-02-2010

@ nihil, no i wasnt EXPECTING to buy them ALL, but i dont need to, i was just outlining a build and that means outlining ALL 6 endgame items.

@ Empyron, this build DOES have mana regen, look at nashors again please... i also stated that i wasnt sure if it was enough mana regen...

@ Rancid, i wasnt asking for a sivir build... i was asking if MY build was viable...
i know how to play sivir, and i know her builds... what i was wondering is is my build stated above viable? cuz i have no PC to test it atm... so please... next time READ the post please.

still no answers...
Anyone?

P.S. does anyone have any HARD figures on Chalice of Harmony's mana regen?

Catloaf

03-02-2010

AP is a large waste on sivir. Only 1 spell gets any benefit from it, and it's not your main source of damage. You're an auto attacking carry.

Anything is viable to play with, but is it a good option? Not really.

KyleNumbers1

03-02-2010

A Sivir build needs to be very flexible, depending on your team or the opposing team. For instance, if there's only one other melee DPS on my team, I'll go Malady instead of Stark's. It also is highly dependant on how you play or your runes. I have mana regen runes, don't spam BB too often, and can use her spell shield correctly, making mana regen items a total waste for me. If you're different, maybe they're viable.

Nihil Sine Nefas

03-02-2010

AP from Nashor and Rageblade is rather useless. Your main role isn't to be the nuke. Inf Edge isn't that great on Sivir because the bonus Crit Damage only procs on the first hit and not subsequent Richochets. You're also going to be lacking some MP regen without Chalice of Harmony, which is super cheap.

I wouldn't say it's nonviable, but it's not a great build. It seems more suited for an Assassin/Ganker than someone like Sivir.

Schizofrenia

03-02-2010

thanks you two, but the reason i was interested in this build is, your BB will hit for quite alot more, and both AP items give other stats u benefit from.

Nashors gives Attack speed, and CDR. CDR will make your ult be up alot faster, and will make you throw MORE BB's... hell with 40% CDR [25% nashors rest from golem and masteries your ult will be up every 54 seconds, tahts about as fast as a late-game death timer...

Guinsoos gives you Attack damage aswell, which makes your auto attack hit harder. it also gives attack speed. and with this build you will have high attack speed, which makes your mana be drained very fast [due to ricochet], thats why i was conserned about the mana regen, and if it was enough...

i figured this build was more centered around BB during team fights, as opposed to Ricochet. its certainly more of a 1v1 build, thanks to the IE and Phantom Dancer giving you high single target damage, coupled with boomerangs high damage...

i was just wondering if it could work? theoretically it all synergizes with eachother, but as i have no chance to test it atm i was looking for some community input ^^

Nihil Sine Nefas

03-02-2010

The problem is the only skill you have that scales with AP is BB. Late game, when people have 2000+ HP, your BB is only going to tickle them. Not to mention during chaotic team fights, you better be a god at aiming BB to maximize the number of people it hits. It's just not worth focusing on BB for me.