Ryze OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ganciel Dren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
If Ryze is owning you because you're in low ELO, then, by definition, he's owning you because you aren't a good player.
talk about owned guys~

Creston

03-02-2010

ryze is just easier to play....i have done about 250 games with ryze....and i crush people mostly...especially other ryzes...but with a high elo...i see why he is not high tier....i used to think viegar was a joke...but a good one can not only own your ryze...but literally your whole team....again ryze is just easier to play...but if you master another...better caster...like annie fiddle or even vie....you will be a better champ, period

and i like using ..... why troll? .... is about as typical as lol on forums.....so why even comment on it?

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

OMG I just died to a champ

OP OP OP!!!!!

Arlando

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmere View Post
What I want to say is that I fell Ryze has been buffed way too much in patch 1.0.0.74. Since that patch, he is a monster. AT high levels, he can literally get a WHOLE TEAM (5 members) to 20-30% with his first combo. Seriously, spell flux combined with AOE damage,,, this is just OP.
  • Overload Damage reduced to 50/90/130/170/210 from 70/105/140/175/210
  • Spell Flux Damage increased to 70/85/100/115/130 from 50/70/90/110/130
  • Spell Flux Ability Power coeffecient increased to .38 from .33
  • Desperate Power Cooldown reduced to 40/40/40 from 60/50/40
  • Increased base Movement Speed to 310 from 300
  • Increased Attack Range to 550 from 425
  • Increased base Damage to 49.5 from 45
  • Increased base Mana to 305 from 293
  • Increased base Mana Regen to 4.9 from 4.6
  • Increased base Health to 446 from 420
  • Increased Health gain per level to 86 from 78
  • Increased base Armor to 14.2 from 10.1
  • Increased Armor gain per level to 3.7 from 3.2♦

so theres what was changed in the patch. "AT high levels", how is 1.0.0.72 ryze and 1.0.0.74 ryze any different? spell flux is the same at level 5, 5 more damage at level 4, 10 more damage at level 3. his nuke also decreased. before someone says, "his overload only hits one target, spell flux is the problem", note his ult.

im constantly hearing this, "the 1.0.0.74 buff was too much for ryze", a good ryze will always get his combo off in team battles because he is patient and waits for someone else to initiate, so the hp and armor bonuses couldnt possibly be whats causing your whole team to get to 20-30%.

if youre playing a ryze, and your entire team is standing on top of one another, whats the difference if its ryze or fiddle, nunu, anivia, annie, karthus, veigar or not.

maybe ryze is op, i dont know. i dont base decisions on one or two pugs or what every other ryze does against my team. however, i do find the ryze buff somewhat dramatic, if hes op now, then he was op before 1.0.0.74 because that patch didnt do anything to ryze at high levels. since your post started out with that i didnt read any of it.

i also think its funny how people assume a forum title is indicative of game play experience. ive seen adjudicators and senior members with 80 games played and junior members with 400+ games played. to me its not a matter of what a persons forum title is, but rather if what they are crying about makes sense. when i finally see a "ryze is op because" argument that uses some sort of empirical data rather than, "he roflpwned my pick up team" ill start to pay some attention.

Kurokune

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
OMG I just died to a champ

OP OP OP!!!!!
I mean his abilities hit so many people/hit for so much and are not even skillshots/have huge range! That's not even fair! I mean look at how the only item to counter them is this item and it's stats have to be assigned to only blocking that champ and can't possible help me against another champ! Also I know I'm the best player ever so any time I lose to him it can't be my mistake, my single strategy that I read on a guide and NEVER CHANGE NO MATTER WHO THE ENEMY PLAYS can't possibly not be working.

Craixis

03-02-2010

Well, to add to the fire here, I get 20/15/18 in games I'm currently playing with Ryze... does that make him OPed, or have people not seen him enough?
And I argued Senior members don't complain as often with petty arguments such as "So and So is Oped"... Notice how its mostly Junior members who make those post.
If their points were valid past "he got fed and killed us" then I'd agree, and sure, there are the few juniors who have 500 games under their belt, they just ignore the forums most of the time and post their opinions less often. Seniors have been arguing longer, thus, we have more experience in making points (usually, some people just ignore points and pretend no one else's matters)... doesn't mean we're not in the low ELOs either, I was just pointing out an observation, lower ELO players complain more often than mid to high ELO players, though I do have some reserved complaints, but I test to see if its just me on an off day or it the character is OPed... (Personally whenever I play Nasus I feel OPed, but I know he's not, I just get such a feeling of power when I use my ult and smack someone with a Siphoning strike for 500+ damage.)

SonicTheHedgedawg

03-02-2010

people ARE aware that countering ryze is as simple as walking away from him since he can't close the distance without flash, ghost or a teammate like blitzcrank . . . right?

Creston

03-02-2010

just because a champ gets alot of kills does not mean hes oped... i know i am not alone...when i talk about games where i have more kills as ryze then both teams combined and still lose....as ryze...if your teamates dont push....you will lose....you can wipe out creepsand kill champs....but your not going to push jack with ryze.

Craixis

03-02-2010

...I'm...so... Emo...
Sorry I know its a habbit, by try swapping those to commas, or just periods, they provide the same pause, without making it a run on sentence.

Leoran

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissfer View Post
Yeah, and what happens when you have 4 melee characters? Then you're screwed. Also, why would you ever get merc treads AND banshee's veil? They both block the same aspect of Ryze, and Merc Treads don't really help you survive any better except the fact they have magic resistance

That's your own **** fault for not que-dodging when more than 2 Melee Champions are picked during character select.