Ryze OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissfer View Post
Yeah, and what happens when you have 4 melee characters? Then you're screwed. Also, why would you ever get merc treads AND banshee's veil? They both block the same aspect of Ryze, and Merc Treads don't really help you survive any better except the fact they have magic resistance
...It reduces his snare by 40%. Also more because of magic resist. Banshee's has magic resist too, as well as one spell block which may be snare or whatever he chooses to use first. Regardless, 4 Melee would own ryze...he can only stun one...and most melee have a "closing the gap" type move...

Tryn, Jax, Poppy, Yi, Kassadin (Melee but Caster) really all of them I think....

mtpecka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I totally agree with androbogger and zoyer, it has to stop or else... ryze will take over the world!!! i hope that in next patch his power will be reduced or that he has ben deleted from the game!

Craixis

03-02-2010

Notice, how the "Senior" members who have argued this time and time again all agree that he hisn't OPed, while the "Junior" Members (who are probably low ELO, just from how they post) all complain about how much damage he does.
All (ALL) casters deal high amounts of damage, Veigar, Annie, Ryze... its their job, they're Squishy though, FF on them and they become nothing more then a corpse. Everyone is complaining how the casters (And Jax) are OPed, and really, their not... they just need to be attacked from a different angle you guys are approching from.
Ryze needs to be taken down first, or CCed long enough for you to get outta dodge after he pops his Desperate Rune Prison. Not the blind/slow CC, silence or stun. Most casters have a weakness like this, Annie's threat level drops after she stuns someone, Ryze's drops when he uses his Ult too soon, Fiddles is useless if he gets FF on (1.8k hp end game, atleast last time I used him... Ryze with a similar build has 2.5k). Jax, well, Jax is difficult to explain, he's not as easy as just to CC him. You've gotta keep distance between you and him (he hits harder after every 3 shots, keep him from getting those 3 shots.) In team fights, you can try and FF him, but his high HP may prove difficult (unless you're a caster, then you eat through his dodge).
You want your caster to take him down, if he starts getting magic resist, his damage and HP will be lower, so its a win win for you.
Can you please quit QQing on how all the casters are OPed please... Its their jobs, live with it.

PS: oh and Tim, I do that too. Trying to use more commas, but I always think I need a longer pause.

Timlankey

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
Notice, how the "Senior" members who have argued this time and time again all agree that he hisn't OPed, while the "Junior" Members (who are probably low ELO, just from how they post) all complain about how much damage he does.
All (ALL) casters deal high amounts of damage, Veigar, Annie, Ryze... its their job, they're Squishy though, FF on them and they become nothing more then a corpse. Everyone is complaining how the casters (And Jax) are OPed, and really, their not... they just need to be attacked from a different angle you guys are approching from.
Ryze needs to be taken down first, or CCed long enough for you to get outta dodge after he pops his Desperate Rune Prison. Not the blind/slow CC, silence or stun. Most casters have a weakness like this, Annie's threat level drops after she stuns someone, Ryze's drops when he uses his Ult too soon, Fiddles is useless if he gets FF on (1.8k hp end game, atleast last time I used him... Ryze with a similar build has 2.5k). Jax, well, Jax is difficult to explain, he's not as easy as just to CC him. You've gotta keep distance between you and him (he hits harder after every 3 shots, keep him from getting those 3 shots.) In team fights, you can try and FF him, but his high HP may prove difficult (unless you're a caster, then you eat through his dodge).
You want your caster to take him down, if he starts getting magic resist, his damage and HP will be lower, so its a win win for you.
Can you please quit QQing on how all the casters are OPed please... Its their jobs, live with it.
Jax's increase to HP compared to Ryze or Annie(Who get pretty high with the right items) really only allows me to stay alive maybe 2 seconds if focus fired.

Jax is easily shut down when focused down quickly in a team fight...The place where ALL of these champions shine is 1v1 or....team fights when the other team start to scatter and these high damage champs just kill off your teammates 1 by 1.

I agree though...mostly Junior Members are complaining....not always "low elo" because I don't think I'm high elo and I don't think he is OP.

Burning Rose

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmere View Post
I haven't seen recent threads on this, hoping I haven't missed any.

What I want to say is that I fell Ryze has been buffed way too much in patch 1.0.0.74. Since that patch, he is a monster. AT high levels, he can literally get a WHOLE TEAM (5 members) to 20-30% with his first combo. Seriously, spell flux combined with AOE damage,,, this is just OP. In team fights, he can instant kill ANYONE who gets a little bit away from it's team (yes instantly, since he can use his 4 abilities in less than a second, which no other hero or almost can do). Then, he is the best ganker in game. He also is one of the best harass and can get easily get early kills. Most people will simply say that he has low survivability, but thats FALSE. If he has 20% hp, you chase him with 50-60% of you hp, he'll just run for 4-5 sec (since his spells CD are SO SLOW) then turn around and destroy you before you know what happened. Even if you go 2 vs him, if only ONE of you has less then 70-80% hp, he might die the second he enters Ryze range. Then again, most people will say that you only have to stun him, but I'll simply say that Ryze has a team too..... What I mean is tha if you need to be 2-3 and uses 1-2 stun to safely kill Ryze, well it means ryze counts as 2 heroes all by himself.

Anyway, the worst part of it is still endgame. If Ryze has played decently (doesn't need that much kill really) he'll hacve insane burst damage with aoe and destroy your whole team all by himself. I haven't seen any way to effectively counter a Ryze that plays intelligently.... the second the fight engage, Ryze gets all your heroes to 20% in 1 sec.

The worst part is that you'll tell yourself: I'll get merc thread and lots of MR so Ryze won't be a problem, but YOU ARE WRONG
His spell flux will litterally crush your MR, and 50% reduced snare time on merc thread won't help you escape since Ryze will hit you with all his spells in the first second you are snared, killiong you at the same time.

I just want to know if someone agress with me on this, or if evetyone thinks I'm a nob and don't know how to play. Personnally, I'd say Ryze was already powerful before patch 1.0.0.74, making him godlike right now.... That'S why I've seen him get scores like 20-3-7 in almost every game I've played against him.
I'd like to point out that everything you list him as doing are things he's always done. If you actually LOOK at the patch notes, you'll see that he didn't get a buff to any of his damage. The only buffs he got were to his survivability and the CD on the early levels of his ult (Which might have been unnecessary, but it rarely comes up anyways. It was already short enough that it was up when you needed it, so nothing's really changed).

So yeah. Murdering your whole team? He's always done that. Now he just doesn't die in two hits.

Oh, and a tip: Don't stand next to each other. Hugs are nice in kindergarten, but not in League of Legends.

nicosharp

03-02-2010

it is pretty lolz when ryze can 1 shot someone at lvl 1 with a well placed/timed spell flux. He is completely balanced, Especially now with the anti-snowballing mechanics in the exp for kills.. All you got to do is survive till lvl 11 and buy 1 or 2 items and Ryze becomes a pin cushion to destroy on respawn.

Persedious

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
Ya, we've all noticed it. Guess what, I would bet the majority of the game is being played by people whos forums posts aren't preceded by the title of 'senior member'.

Leave Ryze in the game as he is, and there won't be anymore senior members, because no one will stay in the game through the low level brackets where he takes the fun right out of the game.

Techno Stud

03-02-2010

"Wah wah wah, Ryze owns me. I'm n00b."

If a Ryze were to kill you, then so could a Shaco, Twitch, Evelyn or a Yi. The only difference is that Ryze uses Rune Prison instead of exhaust to keep you in killing range.

Its one thing to die to an assassin, it's quite another to die to the only assassin in the game WHO DOESN'T GO INVISIBLE.

Learn to play.

TrrZ

03-02-2010

ryze is op in low elo. when i played on my smurf, my team died from ryze several times and still bought berzerkers/mobility/sorc boots

also i remember one time when we were chasing ryze in our forest. he died. but his combo made ALL of us low enough to get aced by pirate and karthus ults

Burning Rose

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
"Wah wah wah, Ryze owns me. I'm n00b."

If a Ryze were to kill you, then so could a Shaco, Twitch, Evelyn or a Yi. The only difference is that Ryze uses Rune Prison instead of exhaust to keep you in killing range.

Its one thing to die to an assassin, it's quite another to die to the only assassin in the game WHO DOESN'T GO INVISIBLE.

Learn to play.
That's not entirely true. Katarina and Kassadin both teleport. Jax and Malphite jump/run in super quick.

Ryze is the only assassin who is forced to just sort of run slowly at you.

Oh - and a champion being really strong in low ELO does not mean he's OP. It means you're in low ELO. Champions should be balanced around players who know what the **** they're doing, not those that don't.

If Ryze is owning you because you're in low ELO, then, by definition, he's owning you because you aren't a good player.