To Riot: RE Ryze and Other OP Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craixis

03-02-2010

But those "few" players are people who know their champs in and out, its not some scrub who thinks their character is weak...
They balance the game off those players because, well, you can't use lower ELO people to balance them (they're learning still, why should they account for a level 5 who, in 10 levels, will know how not to get themselves killed as quickly? Why should they account for a level 27, who is having issues fighting a champion not many people have used before?)

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
The thing with Ryze is is that it's about 10 times harder to counter him than it is to play him.
False.

How can you argue that? Because, once you counter him, it's a LOT harder to play him viably than it is to just keep countering him. i.e. it requires more skill to overcome being countered than to conter him.

CryHavoc

03-02-2010

This thread is full of LOLz.

For the noobs still whining and name calling, here's a hint:

Farm better. Last hit minions. Buy a banshee's veil. Laugh at Ryze. GG.

Craixis

03-02-2010

Agreed, I think that sums up that argument...

CryHavoc

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
Agreed, I think that sums up that argument...
Not to mention Merc Treads.

Find someone to initiate. Focus Ryze. Poof, it's a 4 vs 5 teamfight.

Rickert

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
This thread is full of LOLz.

For the noobs still whining and name calling, here's a hint:

Farm better. Last hit minions. Buy a banshee's veil. Laugh at Ryze. GG.
Banshee's Veil? Still useless when got hit by his other spells, as well as it does not help in team fight. Other people will destroy your spell shield before ryze casts his spells. Further more, other champion will do physical damage to you and your attack ability is also limited. Squishy targets are ryze's favourite mean.

What if the other ryze can farm as good as you, can last hit minions as well as you? How do you harass him if you play melee champion?

However, why should be there a champion who needs top priority to gank first over the others? Why can he do so much damage, even without items, too easy to cast compare to casters like Anivia, Karthus, Veiga... which requires you decent micro skill to play.

I play and won almost 300 games. I don't know what is the high ELO people refer to. But I don't think high ELO or sort of decide everything, since the most important factor is that you're good or not, not your ELO decides your playstyle. My micro skill, I think it's fine, since I can do several actions per second, and I guess mine is around 150 actions per minute. What's the APM (action per minute) of high ELO players? I think they won't do any better than me at that mostly.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickert View Post
since the most important factor is that you're good or not, not your ELO decides your playstyle.
ELO is how good you are. That's essentially what it means. Saying a champ is good in low ELO means he's good against bad players, which isn't OP.

Rickert

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post

ELO is how good you are. That's essentially what it means. Saying a champ is good in low ELO means he's good against bad players, which isn't OP.
How do you know my opinions or others from low ELO? How do you know people who said Ryze is not op from high ELO? In high ELO, there are good Ryze as well, and good player will be monster with Ryze since Ryze is easiest to play among casters. Anivia requires lots more control skills to create combo effectively. Compare to Ryze? Automatically snare and press keyboard in order, then run, leave heavy damage on you.

Burning Rose

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickert View Post
How do you know my opinions or others from low ELO? How do you know people who said Ryze is not op from high ELO? In high ELO, there are good Ryze as well, and good player will be monster with Ryze since Ryze is easiest to play among casters. Anivia requires lots more control skills to create combo effectively. Compare to Ryze? Automatically snare and press keyboard in order, then run, leave heavy damage on you.
You are clearly not in high ELO if you think Ryze can do well in it. Easy to play only means good in Low Tier.

I was referring to earlier posts where people said something along the lines of: "Though Ryze may be UP in High Tier play, he's OP in low tier".

Rickert

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
You are clearly not in high ELO if you think Ryze can do well in it. Easy to play only means good in Low Tier.

I was referring to earlier posts where people said something along the lines of: "Though Ryze may be UP in High Tier play, he's OP in low tier".
Maybe I'm not at high elo but not in low elo either.
I won almost 300 games, play long enough to know well how the game works.
I don't judge the good or bad of a champion based on their popularity in high elo, but rather on their functionality. Take an example at Yi. Many people said he's bad. But did they use him right? Or the only thing they can see is that he is squishy and have no survivability. However, that's true for other melee dps as well. Play melee dps you can't run directly to caster or range opponent, unless you're fed a and feel confident enough. Yes, Yi is easy to play at low elo and hard at high elo, since people at high elo are more skillful and careful. Because of that, to effectively play Yi, it requires your skill to control him either. Easy to play, hard to master.

Another example is Udyr. People said he's up, but i don't think so. Most people got the wrong item, like boots or malady for him, and do not switching stances always when in combat. The first item he needs to get is sheen, then everything else later. With sheen, you can easy out damage squishy opponent like tristina.

Back to Ryze, a well-played Ryze can be a trouble for your team. The advice to counter Ryze I saw somewhere in this forum is helpless. It's the same for every other champions. Don't your think Ryze players don't know how to get in group and gank people? Bait? Trap in bushes? Smart players will know how to make Ryze a killer.

High elo players? What do they do different? Their champions has extra skill set than low elo? Or do they get buff? What's their micro skill? Similar to a starcraft gosu who can spam 800 actions per minute?