To Riot: RE Ryze and Other OP Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craixis

03-02-2010

Many of our "10 step programs", are actually just 10 different ways to deal with him.
With Vei, are you kidding, getting a kill with him is even easier... Event Horizon, Dark Matter, Burst, Bale... almost kills any champ no problem (sure, you have to learn to gauge how much HP a minion has left to gain AP, but that's really quick to pick up... or atleast I've picked it up quick).
Annie, she's just Stun, nuke... done... nothing difficult their either.
And banshee is good for just about anything, I get it whenever I find I'm getting CCed too often for my liking (which is common, actually).
End game, if he's fed... he's the biggest threat in the entire game in a team fight. All you have to do to ruin him though is stay a bit spread out so spell flux doesn't bounce or you get hit by the AoE damage. Sure, he'll kill one of you, but then you can get him quick and its then 4-4.

Persedious

03-02-2010

The problem with the 'just don't feed Ryze' school of thought is that it is next to impossible not to feed him. Even when 3 or 4 of us group up and jump him, it's easy enough for him to kill one of us before we get him, and he comes out the winner then, because he got his gold. And the snowball begins.

I've simply never seen a champion wreck the game like this before, even ones that were more undeniably OP, like my main, Udyr was. I'm not saying gut Ryze, and leave him where he was at before, just try to take into account what a large portion of the userbase is saying, even if they are not in the upper echelons of the game.

Craixis

03-02-2010

But that's the thing, the higher ELO guys (the guys they base the nerfs/buffs off of) are all saying he's not that great.
And Mit, sure, they patch to fix mistakes... they can't patch poor skill though.
>: D

Mitrax

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlankey View Post

I simply do not think Jax, TF, Twitch, or Ryze are a problem, sorry. My Jax opinion might be the only biased one because he is my main....but I have been getting shut down faster the further away we get from his buff release due to people realizing he is now a threat.
my only problem is twitch =) I can handle all others.. if twitch is a smart player he's very hard to kill. he is DPS.. but his dps if far greater with same items like anyone else.

if they would remove poison he would be normal.

imagine eve with twitch 3rd skill .. they really have to change 3rd skill to something less strong and he would be normal to counter.. like all others

Talamare

03-02-2010

Wait until you meet Annie

If you thought Ryze insta-gibbing you while you were snared was lame
Wait till Annie does it while youre stunned

Or you can get mercury threads and banshee veil and stop getting insta-gibbed

Persedious

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
But that's the thing, the higher ELO guys (the guys they base the nerfs/buffs off of) are all saying he's not that great.
And Mit, sure, they patch to fix mistakes... they can't patch poor skill though.
>: D
That's the crux of what I'm trying to get to. If Riot continually bases their buff and nerf cycle off of only what the best in the game decide, then they might find themselves without a large portion of their players.

If they want to make a game based entirely around the elite, hey, that's cool, I can deal with that. But I want them to man up and say it. Ryze is just a symptom.

stealthfox17

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitrax View Post
my only problem is twitch =) I can handle all others.. if twitch is a smart player he's very hard to kill. he is DPS.. but his dps if far greater with same items like anyone else.

if they would remove poison he would be normal.

imagine eve with twitch 3rd skill .. they really have to change 3rd skill to something less strong and he would be normal to counter.. like all others
how is twitch hard to kill, he is one of the squishiest characters in the game, u cld say he has long range, but if ur having that much trouble use trist who has a jump and long range, once u get to the lvl where u can use flash use that, he is maybe the easiest character to kill in the game. quit qq'ing on the forums all day long just cause u cant play the game right, L2P

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

How to counter twitch:

Step 1: Twitch pops out of stealth and uses ult.
Step 2: You place exhaust on him and laugh.
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: Success

Craixis

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persedious View Post
That's the crux of what I'm trying to get to. If Riot continually bases their buff and nerf cycle off of only what the best in the game decide, then they might find themselves without a large portion of their players.

If they want to make a game based entirely around the elite, hey, that's cool, I can deal with that. But I want them to man up and say it. Ryze is just a symptom.
So wait, you're saying base these characters off of the people who play them horrible, or complain how OPed they are... does this make any sense to you?

They use the higher ELO to balance them, there's the whole reason they use the best in the game. If they win too much, against people who are supposidly their own level, they look at what's happening in games and nerf/buff characters accordingly (sometimes its just a luck streak, and they take that into account).

Last patch:
Not using Ryze? He needs a bit more survivability (His Overload got nerfed for damage last patch, while his Spell flux got a bit of a buff at the earlier levels, not at level 5, its still 130 damage).

He hasn't been changed other than he's no longer a free meal, you'll start playing against him more often and you'll see how these tactics come into play.

Persedious

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
So wait, you're saying base these characters off of the people who play them horrible, or complain how OPed they are... does this make any sense to you?
No I'm not saying that. I'm saying take how it is going to affect the lower end ELOs into consideration as well. I know it's more of a complex opinion than most around here are used to, and no one's saying it's easy to do, but don't just change things based on how you forsee them affecting a few players. Don't forget about the rest of us.

Some things might look good on paper, or in theorycraft on the forums, but they come out completely different.