Ryze OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I haven't seen recent threads on this, hoping I haven't missed any.

What I want to say is that I fell Ryze has been buffed way too much in patch 1.0.0.74. Since that patch, he is a monster. AT high levels, he can literally get a WHOLE TEAM (5 members) to 20-30% with his first combo. Seriously, spell flux combined with AOE damage,,, this is just OP. In team fights, he can instant kill ANYONE who gets a little bit away from it's team (yes instantly, since he can use his 4 abilities in less than a second, which no other hero or almost can do). Then, he is the best ganker in game. He also is one of the best harass and can get easily get early kills. Most people will simply say that he has low survivability, but thats FALSE. If he has 20% hp, you chase him with 50-60% of you hp, he'll just run for 4-5 sec (since his spells CD are SO SLOW) then turn around and destroy you before you know what happened. Even if you go 2 vs him, if only ONE of you has less then 70-80% hp, he might die the second he enters Ryze range. Then again, most people will say that you only have to stun him, but I'll simply say that Ryze has a team too..... What I mean is tha if you need to be 2-3 and uses 1-2 stun to safely kill Ryze, well it means ryze counts as 2 heroes all by himself.

Anyway, the worst part of it is still endgame. If Ryze has played decently (doesn't need that much kill really) he'll hacve insane burst damage with aoe and destroy your whole team all by himself. I haven't seen any way to effectively counter a Ryze that plays intelligently.... the second the fight engage, Ryze gets all your heroes to 20% in 1 sec.

The worst part is that you'll tell yourself: I'll get merc thread and lots of MR so Ryze won't be a problem, but YOU ARE WRONG
His spell flux will litterally crush your MR, and 50% reduced snare time on merc thread won't help you escape since Ryze will hit you with all his spells in the first second you are snared, killiong you at the same time.

I just want to know if someone agress with me on this, or if evetyone thinks I'm a nob and don't know how to play. Personnally, I'd say Ryze was already powerful before patch 1.0.0.74, making him godlike right now.... That'S why I've seen him get scores like 20-3-7 in almost every game I've played against him.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

You clearly didn't look hard enough. Someone posted something about it like 2 posts down from you...lol

Then again to be fair you could have been writing it while he posted his.

But seriously. Ryze isn't OP...Some champions just do a lot of damage and need to be focus fired. I shut down ryze pretty hard in group fights with any premade I have. Solo....just try to convince your team he is a hard target and he usually dies instantly.

Pissfer

03-02-2010

I can almost guarantee that they were writing these at the same time, not that he didn't look hard enough.

And in general, I agree. The only real chance you have is flashing away right after he prisons you, and of course, you can only do that once every 3 and a half to 4 minutes, whereas he can launch his combo again in what, 30 seconds?

Zoyer

03-02-2010

He is too Op, when he is lvl 6 and have killed 3 then is he Op its not funny. They HAVE TO LOWER HIM!!

ANDR0B0GG3R

03-02-2010

He is way to OP. Any champions can be OP later in the game but ryze is OP dirrectly in the start

Aircross

03-02-2010

Mercury Treads and Banshee's Veil shuts down Ryze...

Timlankey

03-02-2010

He really isn't OP....I've never had a problem going against him. Well, I guess I lied...I did have a problem against him...but then I told my group...focus fire Ryze first...and boom look who died and didn't get a spell off....

Cleo

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlankey View Post
He really isn't OP....I've never had a problem going against him. Well, I guess I lied...I did have a problem against him...but then I told my group...focus fire Ryze first...and boom look who died and didn't get a spell off....
Hi... I like to... randomly... put elipses... everywhere... i sound so emo... and mysterious...

But I do agree with what you said.

Timlankey

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgots View Post
Hi... I like to... randomly... put elipses... everywhere... i sound so emo... and mysterious...

But I do agree with what you said.
I realized that after I posted.

I by habit just put "..." in during pauses haha, my bad.

Pissfer

03-02-2010

Yeah, and what happens when you have 4 melee characters? Then you're screwed. Also, why would you ever get merc treads AND banshee's veil? They both block the same aspect of Ryze, and Merc Treads don't really help you survive any better except the fact they have magic resistance