I want to be good at alistar but everyone mocks me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenki

03-02-2010

I try so hard, but when I play lots of teamates I try to convince them im not sucking too bad, but my endgame scores usually end up really poor like for example one game I was 2/5/20.. I get no kills and only get killed by the enemy team nonstop. with any other hero ill get more kills then deaths but with alistar I usually worry more on keeping the entire team at full hp and mana with locket, etc

Detha

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenki View Post
I try so hard, my vent team usually wins every game we play, but when I play alistar I am trying to convince them im not sucking too bad, but my endgame scores usually end up really poor like for example one game I was 2/5/20.. I get no kills and only get killed by the enemy team nonstop. with any other hero ill get more kills then deaths but with alistar I usually worry more on keeping the entire team at full hp and mana with locket, etc
Lol? Alistar is a tank/support class, his job is keeping the team alive while sometimes sacrificing himself for that goal. If you're getting more kills than deaths as Alistar, you're KSing your DPSers that need items harder than you do. In fact, the more assists you get, the better, as you are helping the DPS in your team to get fed by helping them getting kills.

Honestly, if your vent team is caring about K/D scores, especially when you're playing a tank, they are narrow minded and suck anyway. A Taric healing and tanking for your team is doing a far better job than a tunnel visioning ganker that only ganks lone wolves and doesn't help in team fights. Taric might get a score like 1/4/12 and the ganker might get a score like 10/0/0, but Taric probably did far more to help the team and had a bigger outcome on the game than the ganker did. K/D generally doesn't say a whole lot about player skill or how well they're doing. Keep playing Alistar and just ignore them if they mock your K/D, when they do this they're either sarcastically joking, or bads anyway.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
Lol? Alistar is a tank/support class, his job is keeping the team alive while sometimes sacrificing himself for that goal. If you're getting more kills than deaths as Alistar, you're KSing your DPSers that need items harder than you do. In fact, the more assists you get, the better, as you are helping the DPS in your team to get fed by helping them getting kills.

Honestly, if your vent team is caring about K/D scores, especially when you're playing a tank, they are narrow minded and suck anyway. A Taric healing and tanking for your team is doing a far better job than a tunnel visioning ganker that only ganks lone wolves and doesn't help in team fights. Taric might get a score like 1/4/12 and the ganker might get a score like 10/0/0, but Taric probably did far more to help the team and had a bigger outcome on the game than the ganker did. K/D generally doesn't say a whole lot about player skill or how well they're doing. Keep playing Alistar and just ignore them if they mock your K/D, when they do this they're either sarcastically joking, or bads anyway.
I think the OP is trolling.

Cenki

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlankey View Post
I think the OP is trolling.

I'm not trolling, but I sort of THOUGHT what the first reply said was how it should be. I knew I was in the right.

Aralain

03-02-2010

@OP

You will rarely ever get 1:1 K/D ratio with alistar. If you vent team mates think you suck with him, just go roll something else. Then when they aren't getting fed like a baby they'll cry "Where is the stun? Where is the headbutt? Why can't I just right click kill stuff anymore? WAH WAH!!!" Then roll your alistar, go 2/7/25, they'll shut their faces because they just learned about this little thing called "GAME MECHANICS".

Have a nice day!

Da Orkz

03-02-2010

As long as you're doing your job as a Tank - keeping the enemy focus on you and keeping your teammates healthy - you're doing perfectly fine. You should not expect to get too many kills, nor should you expect to never die, especially as Alistar. You're not SUPPOSED to. You take damage and weaken the enemy for your comrades to clean up.

Craixis

03-02-2010

Try lowering the Death Ratio and you'll be technically better...
Don't go for the kills, just change it a bit so you don't die as often, then you'll be considered better.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

2/5/20 is not bad. If you are the first one to die, they are stupid for targeting you. Try to take as much hate away from your teammates at all times.. Well more specifically, before, at and during a teamfight. and when I mean teamfight, I mean a evenly matched 2v2,3v3,4v4,5v5 at lvls 6 or greater. Don't pulverize unless you will hit someone. This should be easy to do, just make sure you bait them to use a flash or something first. Ghost is good for that. Don't waste a headbutt, either knock someone into a fight, or keep melee dps, or a ranged dps pushing your squishy, away. Also, try to only use your ultimate after you have been targeted, and more specifically right after you are stunned, silenced or feared, or if you expect a nuke is just about to land on your head like a tibbers.

I hope some of those tips help.

I8C SRS FACE

03-02-2010

Yeah, I'm looking at this and thinking "since when is 2/5/20 a bad score for anyone, really?" If you've got double digit assists and less than 10 deaths, I'd say that's pretty much a good record.

Craixis

03-02-2010

With Zil I get 5/8/24... but the rest of my team wouldn't be getting the 18/4/12s without me..20
20 second Rezs ftw...