Armor pene vs Crit damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaafDante

04-23-2011

I just recently found a new fun hero to play with. Shaco. That's right Shaco. Although i wont be sharing how i play him. I was wondering how flat Armor penetration is better than crit damage. And would splitting them in two equal ways make a better damage output from his first skill. I calculated.(Hybrid) Having 9 seals of crit damage + 3 quints of crit damage is = to 20.4 more crit damage + 10 from masteries that is = to around 30 more crit damage. With 9 marks of armor pene thats = to 15 flat armor pene + masteries thats = to 21. This is the hybrid 21 armor pene and 30% more crit damage. Is this better than stacking all crit quints and marks which is = to 33.45 more crit damage 43.45 if included with masteries. Or is going all armor pene of quints and marks + the masteries better, which is = to 31 armor pen. Any thought on this?

Teemo Fortress 2

04-24-2011

Armor pen affect your attacks regardless if they crit or not (if you decide to engage after deceiving, but today's shaco will engage no matter what or die), are more cheaper and possibly offer more damage in the long run. I believe there were some spreadsheets on mobafire with detailed comparison between these as the game progresses.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

There was a thread posted awhile back about this very subject, and since the search function finally works I suggest you use that to find it. The short version is that Armor Pen does more damage on a CRIT than Crit Damage does except in cases where your target is at 0 armor (making more ArPen useless, and also a rare occurance).

Basically, use Armor Pen always if you're trying to min/max. The difference isn't actually big enough to matter when talking about a CRIT (think 5-20 more damage per CRIT), but Armor Pen boosts all your non-crits so the choice is pretty clear.

Zero74

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
There was a thread posted awhile back about this very subject, and since the search function finally works I suggest you use that to find it. The short version is that Armor Pen does more damage on a CRIT than Crit Damage does except in cases where your target is at 0 armor (making more ArPen useless, and also a rare occurance).

Basically, use Armor Pen always if you're trying to min/max. The difference isn't actually big enough to matter when talking about a CRIT (think 5-20 more damage per CRIT), but Armor Pen boosts all your non-crits so the choice is pretty clear.
I recall a thread like that but it used the old ArmPen values, ArmPen runes got nerfed by about one third quite a while back.

TaafDante

04-24-2011

Good point on, shaco attacking after the deceive. My shaco build tends to lean on farm early then at least 2 hit combo people with deceive and two shiv hahaha most of the time it works for me.Well that is if the people I'm hitting are squishy and are on half of their life. Anyway, so in short armor pen is still a lot better in the long run? Thanks guys