Need help with Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mj295

04-23-2011

I've always wanted to play Taric but I'm a bit confused on how to actually play him. I have seen AP, aura, DPS, tank builds and any combination of these four (ie. support/tank, ap/support and etc) So out of all seriousness, are all of these builds viable? And which one would be best for using Taric?

Coehabamba

04-23-2011

well first of all you need to ask you team what they want you to go.
Taric can be a fairly effective armor tank...becuase he already has passive armor that makes him tanky early game.
But i have never seen anyone build him dps. i have heard about it, but never tried it myself.
i normally build him heals wiht a rod of ages, soul shroud and that new morelos tome or whatever it is....so that you can get cd capped. then you need to go massive ap so you can throw down your beast heals and stuns. thats how i normally play him.
but if you really want to play a healer play sona or janna....i have found that taric is easily countered because his cds are so long and he doesnt have the same effectiveness that other healers do.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

You want to run a support/aura based Taric, try this Taric Guide

Dane Dread

04-24-2011

Janna heals better than Taric? I must suck with Janna. I do in fact but I only recall healing on her ultimate.

Aura Taric is the best Taric in my book. AP/CDR seems good on him but not really necessary and it takes too long to build. Far better is to just find something to whack with your hammer to get imbue off cd quicker.

Plus you're a support champ. Building lots of AP takes lots of money. Typically people want their supports to roam or babysit a carry. That means you won't get much farm so your items need to be cheap. Taric doesn't need much to succeed.

My typical build goes

Mana Manipulator -> boots of speed -> chalice of harmony -> merc treads -> aegis of the legion. That's your core. Plus boat loads of wards. When your team needs a ward, you're expected to have it. The jungler should be helping with wards too but he does need some gold to succeed. You on the other hand can play an entire game with minimal items and still contribute. Keep wards on you at all times.

After that build what your team needs most.

Soul Shroud if you have a lot of mana hungry champs. I usually pass on Soul Shroud as mana manip is already giving them regen and other auras just seem more important.

Stark's Fervor if your AD champs need a little more punch. This also works great with your passive, ult tower munching and getting Imbue off CD quicker.

Abyssal Scepter if you AP carry needs more punch

Frozen Heart if they have a lot of auto attack to win champions.

As with all aura items, ask your team to let you know if they're going to build an aura item so you can skip that one. Auras don't stack.

urmamasllama

04-24-2011

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...snowball-69257
this build is a combination of tank AP and AD with a bit of aura it may look rediculous but it works