[GUIDE] Nunu, the Yeti on Fire

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logo

08-27-2009

What is your opinion on getting Aegis instead of continual stacking of the sunfire capes? EDIT: Do'h simmed too fast over variant 2.

Other than that it looks pretty nice, I'd love to try this out if I had the runes for it =/.

Admonished

08-27-2009

I can't wait to post my guide on DPS Nunu.

Vins

08-27-2009

guide is owning gratz

caseyjones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-27-2009

@Logo, you should be able to do this strat without runes. I tested the early game jungling with 0 runes, and only had to buy 2 health pots to compensate for the extra stats runes provide. It may also require you to wait a bit more in the early camps for your consume to come off cooldown. If you're wanting to try it but aren't quite sure try it in a practice game and make sure everything goes according to plan, and if not see if perhaps your timing was off, or even throwing down random runes on a page may help if you can't pull it off. Hope it goes well.

@Admonished, can't wait to see it. I looked around this section of the forum to see if any guides for Nunu were available, specifically on Jungling, which most were, and most of them succeeded at jungling but failed at remaining viable throughout the game. One focused on madred's for jungling, which is excellent for killing creeps, but hardly beneficial for heroes. One focused on AP, which is great, considering Absolute Zero has such an amazing AP Ratio, and Ice Blast is good for the spam with bonus damage, and I've even seen some people play AP Nunu while I'm running this build and I always out perform them(Could be the teams though). However, I'm assuming DPS means physical damage? Which is interesting, can't wait to see it.

@Everyone else, thanks for the comments. Glad to see the guide is working well. If anything isn't clear let me know and I'll try to edit guide to be more clear, if you feel the guide is unclean and could use cleaning up in any way let me know as well. Really just let me know any suggestions or questions you have.

Bubbs

08-27-2009

Tried this strategy last night and it worked quite well but I wasn't playing against the best players in the world. Still I had 5000 hp at level 15 which was pretty awesome and I was impossible to kill.

pendrix

08-27-2009

Yeah, nunu can jungle quite well. I like the build. I'm a little hesistant on the fact you don't get any AP at all though. I find stuff like nashor's tooth are quite good on heros like taric, nunu, or judicator. I think they're going to nerf sunfire eventually though, making it so it doesn't stack. I think you should build an early warden's mail, and then spam sunfire's or go warmog's. You should also make a note earlier on how important the golem buff is, since you aren't actually getting any mana stuff at all. I would reckon you need a hp/mana mass page for this to work well. Also, earlier focus on aegis of the legion and force of nature to help buff up your magic resist seems important. The fact that you have so much armor though, makes it so dps that packs a black cleaver still can't touch you, which i find awesome.

caseyjones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendrix View Post
Yeah, nunu can jungle quite well. I like the build. I'm a little hesistant on the fact you don't get any AP at all though. I find stuff like nashor's tooth are quite good on heros like taric, nunu, or judicator. I think they're going to nerf sunfire eventually though, making it so it doesn't stack. I think you should build an early warden's mail, and then spam sunfire's or go warmog's. You should also make a note earlier on how important the golem buff is, since you aren't actually getting any mana stuff at all. I would reckon you need a hp/mana mass page for this to work well. Also, earlier focus on aegis of the legion and force of nature to help buff up your magic resist seems important. The fact that you have so much armor though, makes it so dps that packs a black cleaver still can't touch you, which i find awesome.
There's a note in the Mid-Game section about how important Golem buff is. Mana regen is extremely important for spamming Blood Boil/Ice Blast and golem buff is sufficient along with Nunu's initiate passive to keep mana up. I guess I could put it in earlier in the jungling section.

As far as AP goes, I've stated that I just don't feel it is adequate enough on Nunu. Absolute Zero already does enough damage to stay relevant throughout the game, and the AoE slow is really amazing. If you're lucky to get a full one off it can change team battles. Aside from AZ and Ice Blast, AP doesn't offer much, it effects Consume(?), but that wouldn't help decide team battles.

I agree with the Aegis of the Legion, thats one of the nice things about starting with the cloth armor, not only is it invaluable for jungling, it can become Aegis or Guardian Angel. I know right now one of the reasons this build does so well is because of Sunfire Cape stacking, which some might call OP atm, but Variant 2 works extremely well as well.

Whether you mass sunfire capes or go some other item build, I feel that HP/Armor is the way to go on Nunu, as I feel the best way to play him is Support/Tank, while you can rack up kills, the main focus is just to soak up damage, boost your allies, and slow down enemies, all while hopefully getting off a decent ult.

Admonished

08-27-2009

Actually my dps yeti has little need for mana since youll be attacking so fast your free spell proc will be up all the time (Literally!).I've had procs faster than the cooldown for my ice shard.

Vindico Atrum

08-27-2009

I don't get it though. Nunu is insane in lane, can dominate a lane, and with a partner you can get first blood, and second, and third, and fourth, and so on. Perma slow... Erm, hello? Why jungle and have 2 solo (who cant kill a champion agaisnt 2) and give up all the gold?

I can see why to jungle, but Nunu is the wrong champion IMO.

Shillen

09-01-2009

I don't get it. I try to kill the first lizard camp with just smite and cloth armor and I fail every time. I open with smite, wait till I'm 100 hp down and consume. And then it's all auto-attacking from there and I lose. If I'm really lucky I'll kill the main lizard right as I die to the adds but usually I don't even kill the big guy.

What am I doing wrong?