Kayle Questions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

04-22-2011

So I came back to LoL recently, and this is my first time playing in say... 5 or so champion releases. The last patch I remember was when they made Kayle count as a ranged DPS when her flaming sword was activated.

I skimmed patches and didnt see any signs of buffs or nerfs, which I.m happy about, she has been arguably the most well balanced champ for some time now. There is however, new items, and I don't know if the "old" build is obsolete.

I start with Dorans Ring, Get berserker greaves over the magic pen ones, since the attack speed feels much more useful. From their I build Nashors Tooth for the CDR and slight MP5. Then I get Guinsoo's Rage blade. The last two items are free for all's.

Has this changed at all?

Avalasion

04-22-2011

The build hasn't really changed, although I'd suggest getting Rageblade in before Nashor's Tooth, and maybe even before fully upgrading your boots.

What has changed is that Kayle is no longer "balanced". She's getting a rework next patch to give her a little buff, so I'd suggest waiting for that before learning her again.

Purona

04-23-2011

dorans ring
meki pendant
stinger
boots of cooldown if eisnt on full time and for ult
finish nashors
rageblade
gunblade or trinity force

i like my build more than others because you need alot of AS to make E really effective its more efficient to rank Q during laning and then E after you get stinger

reaver99

04-23-2011

Her standard Rageblade/Nashor's is still the best. I think she's actually a very solid champion and doesn't need a rework, but she's a bit of a victim of power creep and has fallen by the wayside compared to all the shiny new champions.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk389 View Post
The build hasn't really changed, although I'd suggest getting Rageblade in before Nashor's Tooth, and maybe even before fully upgrading your boots.

What has changed is that Kayle is no longer "balanced". She's getting a rework next patch to give her a little buff, so I'd suggest waiting for that before learning her again.
May I ask how she is no longer balanced when she seems to have received no changes? This seems to be a very common theme in this game, and it's community, were a champion can go 10+ patches without a single change, then one day be OP or UP out of nowhere.

Avalasion

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulix View Post
May I ask how she is no longer balanced when she seems to have received no changes? This seems to be a very common theme in this game, and it's community, were a champion can go 10+ patches without a single change, then one day be OP or UP out of nowhere.
It's all about the currant meta-game. Kayle doesn't have the ability to farm very well, but needs relatively expensive items in order to put out some damage (rageblade and nashor's). The current meta-game (IE Tanky DPS) makes laning even harder for Kayle, because Tanky DPS tend to be very good and aggressive at laning.

Does that explain it a little better?

Narvuntien

04-24-2011

I am a fan of Philosophers stone (regen pendant) as my starting item.

Kayle doesn't have a lot of hp the health regen helps fend off harass so she can farm, her heal is pretty poor.

The mana is also great.

AMonkeyCourier

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulix View Post
It's got nothing to do with the metagame, contrary to what the other guy said. If the metagame shifts and someone ends up underpowered, they were underpowered all along. People just hadn't discover counters. The guy who mentioned power creep, however, is correct. This is the effect that occurs when changes to elements that something interacts with results in that thing become relatively weaker compared to other options. I can't tell you specifics but if rageblade was nerfed, it would count as an indirect Kayle nerf. If other heroes were buffed, that would also be an indirect Kayle nerf.