Warwick Guide as of Most recent Patch!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seventhletters

05-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarL View Post
As someone who plays warwick at high ELO I can safely say that this guide is wrong on so many levels.

1.) Flash/Smite
2.) Hunters Call at level 1 NOT Hungering Strike
3.) Hungering Strike always has priority after level 1 followed by Hunters call
4.) Blood Scent is a 1 point wonder that you pick up at level 4 and ignore until everything else is maxed

I could continue, but I might as well write my own guide at that point... anyone reading this should just use Wazzabi's guide as it is far more relevant and contains solid information for any new Warwick player.

Edit: If you don't like criticism on your "guide" then don't post guides until you are certain that the information you are releasing is correct.

like i said....this guide is old and not maintained.

PS. that cool that you can self decide your in a high elo when it isnt public...

Caldor

07-03-2010

Warwick is my second most played character in LoL, and I mostly agree with this guide. Although as a level 30, I am not sure I would start out with golem. My jungle strategy is:

Masteries: 21/0/9 (5% more dmg from abilities and items does not seem unimportant)

Runes: red - attack - speed, yellow - dodge, blue - cooldown reduction a mix of both kinds. Its different what I use for quints. But some extra attack speed, dodge or maybe run speed or XP. Depending on what you have, and what you feel like.

1. item: Long Sword (+10 dmg)

1. skill: W. Because even with all the WW changes its still much cheaper mana wise and does more than hungering strike to single mobs. Also the passive brings back health enough anyway, especially since I go attack speed runes.

Jungle hunting:

1. small creeps in lizards side, if its golems I use my smite to get the first one down. Also if its golems I become lvl 2 with the +5% XP from masteries.

2. Lifestealing mobs if I have smite. It takes out the big one all by itself, and then the other small creeps camp. If lifestealing is not up, yay, already lvl 2 anyway, I take the other small creep camp and skip the lifestealing mobs for now.

3. Golem for the mana buff and XP of course. Smite should be ready again before he is dead.

4. Yay, mana again. If the lifestealing mobs are up, take them, and then / or the lizard.

5. And this is where my tactic might be slower, because I do not take the dragon at this point. I usually take the golem on the other side first. I guess this is where the health pot might make it faster. If I go get bloodrazor first, its easy to take out the dragon though, and that should make me lvl 6. Then I run off to wherever it seems most likely to get a gank. I have had a few games where I was lucky and they had both lanes with low health, and when I came we killed both of them. I ended up with 4 kills and one assist and I could go back and jungle again with all the lanes being in my teams favor. I think I will try and test how fast I get to lvl 6 this way, and try the other way to compare.

I take this Jungle route, because when mostly using a lvl one hunters call, my mana doesnt dry out before the golem. I am usually a bit low when taking the golem, but that just makes getting the buff all the more useful. Taking out the golem with cloth armor, health pots and lvl 1 hungering strike, I kind of expect that most the mana will run out anyway. Still I will have to test this.

Other comments:

Someone suggested not using smite before the mob is almost dead. I would say it depends. If taking out the golem as lvl 1, then yes, its important. Later I would have it up more often by using it first, and not risking some of its dmg doing to waste. But then I use it 2-4 times counting the dragon in my jungle route.

Attack speed runes - Yes, you might hit max attack speed, at least with the W on, at some point, but going for on hit effect items, I prefer to keep having high attack speed at all times. Also more procs from the razor.

Skill build. Someone claimed it should be focusing W and E (attack speed and bite) but bloodscent might help the team just as well as hunters call. Because it helps seeing where those fleeing players run off too. Its good for escaping and hunting down players, but sadly it doesnt find stealthers anymore. Attack speed doesnt really do anything unless you are in the face of the player. 35% seems to help me and others enough. So after starting out with W I focus hungering strike and bloodscent.

It is true Warwick might not become the carry this way. Has happened more than once for me, but usually when it comes to the group fight stage, some other player takes over. Probably one of the solo laners. If the other team does not chose to group up after lvl around lvl 7-10, then there might be a few more who ends up on my menu before they feel like trying that.

And as for someone using a ward to see when I am taking out the dragon. Taking down the dragon there is no reason to watch the fight. Its a mob. You only need to have it on screen for the bites and the smite. Keep an eye on the lanes as well, and if they suddenly go in your direction or mia for some reason, then it might be best to let the dragon live a bit longer. Maybe grab the razor if you hadnt taken it yet.

All this being said, I have seen Warwicks start with the cloth armor and healing pots, and it seems to work. The bonus is being able to lane as well if needed. And the cloth armor helps alot at lvl 1 it seems. At least from what I heard from the player being against the WW.

About taking ignite instead of smite, I think it would probably put 2 min more on the jungling with ignte. Also it has a much longer cooldown as far as I know. Ignite is useful for killing, and I can imagine putting it on someone before ulting is probably evil, but since I jungle when in between lanes after lvl 6 as well, it just seems useful to have ignite along. Also those players with towers and pets, it is useful against them

Caldor

07-03-2010

I just tested it, and it is faster (although this is several patches from when the guide was made). I got lvl 6 at 7m40sec. What I do is port back after taking the lizard, buy razor, then take out dragon. I am still only lvl 5 now though (at least with only wolves as small groups), so I take clear out the lizards side of the jungle again, and take the other sides mana golem if he is up.

Here it is again:

Quote:
Jungle hunting:

1. small creeps in lizards side, if its golems I use my smite to get the first one down. Also if its golems I become lvl 2 with the +5% XP from masteries.

2. Lifestealing mobs if I have smite. It takes out the big one all by itself, and then the other small creeps camp. If lifestealing is not up, yay, already lvl 2 anyway, I take the other small creep camp and skip the lifestealing mobs for now.

3. Golem for the mana buff and XP of course. Smite should be ready again before he is dead.

4. Yay, mana again. If the lifestealing mobs are up, take them, and then / or the lizard.

5. And this is where my tactic might be slower, because I do not take the dragon at this point. I usually take the golem on the other side first.
This is where I tried instead of going to the other side, I blue pilled and got the razor, ran back to dragon and killed it, all while the buffs would still be up. The reason I think this is possible with this method, is because I did not spend gold on health pots, and I probably saved some time clearing the jungle with the +10 dmg. The risky part is not having a mana golem to take out on the other side. Lets say they had a shaco or some other char who takes out golem as lvl 1, then I still think golem would be back about now. So in many cases it will be there. Otherwise it might take 9 min to become lvl 6 I guess. I did have 130 gold left after getting the razor, so maybe the +10 dmg sword and a health pot is possible.

Things to add is probably that I am using a +1.5% run speed quint rune, a +2% xp rune and a +3.4% attack speed rune. In the 21 offense masteries I have skipped brute force and and offensive mastery, because flat dmg does not scale. Attack speed does. Of course flat dmg does scale when you add attack speed, but not the same way as I see it.

EDIT:

Uhh, tried again. This time I took out the small group below lizard after taking the lizard, before blue pilling back after razors, and I got lvl 6 at 7:06. Saved me the time of going all the way back there after dragon or the other sides mana golem. It might have helped that I had two groups of golems at the small creep camps, but I doubt it. Also it is probably not possible without being lvl 30 with runes and masteries. I will try a few more times. This is in practice games btw, so no enemies harassing at all, which of course makes it much easier. No distractions either. Except for a bot dying to creeps now and then

SRBforce M

02-10-2011

why take rally i dont know but its ok i suggest goin smire ghost or ignite ghost

Netherspawn

02-10-2011

Ok, i am still working on perfecting this, but i start with 9/0/21 ( cloth armor and 2 red pots)
A/S Red, Armor Yellow, MR/Lvl. blues and HP Quints( thinking about switching up the quints to xp or move speed)

I take the shaco route, I smite blue ghost, kill the 2 small golems, then kill lizard for the buff.
Then i finish the ghosts,kill wolves and finally Big golem.

W is my first skill and Q is the second.
W is the priority, but i will make sure i put one point into E before i go gank a lane.

This is safe because i chug a red pot at small golems and one other at Lizard.
I have been able to reduce the first clear down to 4m 30s.

It is possible to gank before 6, just blow ghost and attack with red buff.
At the very least, you will make an enemy blow a summoner spell or two ( successful gank) or you will get the kill.

Also please remember that it is very good to initiate with your R when you are certain that you are fighting one opponent and the others are nowhere near, or when you need to interrupt that channeled spell ( like Malzahar's ult)
Also, wriggles is amazing on WW as a 1st major item and the recurve bow is also great because you can easily solo dragon with both these items.

Oh, also the CDR boots are simply amazing on WW with this build as you have some cdr and move speed with your masteries, while smiting and ghosting more often.

Posmo

02-10-2011

Anyone use wriggle's lantern as a core after Madred's Razors?

Netherspawn

02-10-2011

I like having both for early to mid game because you wreck dragon and baron like it's nothing.
Very late game though, i believe a starks would provide better lifesteal and more attack speed.
Tanking baron = kinda cool.
This is also assuming you built tanky to be able to survive a straight up fight against most though.

Netherspawn

02-10-2011

Actually, i just tried a practice game with bots and got the run completed at 4m10s with a 21/0/9 starting with long sword and 1 hp pot.
Skipped lethality and went with alacrity.
Dragon was dead at level 5 with the enemy blue taken, which will not happen if the enemy has a jungler.
The buffs just don't last long but it's faster.
Ah yes, started by killing big wolf, then did blue.

C0py Ninja

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarL View Post
As someone who plays warwick at high ELO I can safely say that this guide is wrong on so many levels.

1.) Flash/Smite
2.) Hunters Call at level 1 NOT Hungering Strike
3.) Hungering Strike always has priority after level 1 followed by Hunters call
4.) Blood Scent is a 1 point wonder that you pick up at level 4 and ignore until everything else is maxed

I could continue, but I might as well write my own guide at that point... anyone reading this should just use Wazzabi's guide as it is far more relevant and contains solid information for any new Warwick player.

Edit: If you don't like criticism on your "guide" then don't post guides until you are certain that the information you are releasing is correct.

you are an idiot... first of all no ww with the right runes and masteries needs smite at all, i can start at the blue golem with a single pot and armor cloth, its completely useless and a waste of a spell. also you should def take hungering strike first as it is a more spammable spell and doesnt have a 20-30 second cool down at level 1, and it does alot of damage and more healing (it should be the spell you max out first). and you are also wrong on your 4th point, since you are ww most of your enemies will be running away from you when they realize that you are just kicking their ass in a 1v1, so you take hunters call at level 2 and dont touch it until you cant upgrade any other spell, then you max out blood scent so that you are able to catch your enemies with ease because 90% of the time your enemy will be running away like a ***** and they will usually run when they see they are below half health and bingo you basically already got them, if you max it out all the way they should not be able to escape you even with ghost enabled...

if you dont want criticism on your comment, then dont post comments until you are certain that the info on them is correct... honestly if u play like this you must be a brand new warwick... and you are also a noob for using guides... the only reason i am here is because i was looking for a list of all the patches on ww, and google brought me here...lol idiot

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6776 View Post
you are an idiot... first of all no ww with the right runes and masteries needs smite at all, i can start at the blue golem with a single pot and armor cloth, its completely useless and a waste of a spell. also you should def take hungering strike first as it is a more spammable spell and doesnt have a 20-30 second cool down at level 1, and it does alot of damage and more healing (it should be the spell you max out first). and you are also wrong on your 4th point, since you are ww most of your enemies will be running away from you when they realize that you are just kicking their ass in a 1v1, so you take hunters call at level 2 and dont touch it until you cant upgrade any other spell, then you max out blood scent so that you are able to catch your enemies with ease because 90% of the time your enemy will be running away like a ***** and they will usually run when they see they are below half health and bingo you basically already got them, if you max it out all the way they should not be able to escape you even with ghost enabled...

if you dont want criticism on your comment, then dont post comments until you are certain that the info on them is correct... honestly if u play like this you must be a brand new warwick... and you are also a noob for using guides... the only reason i am here is because i was looking for a list of all the patches on ww, and google brought me here...lol idiot
Oh my lord... You poor poor soul. No champion technically "needs" any summoner spells. But to say it is "completely useless" and a "waste of a spell" is pretty ignorant. If you use it, it's not useless, and if it gives you a benefit from it's use, it's not wasteful. If you accidentally chose smite at champion select, I assure you, you would use it. I also assure you that if i went smite and you went... any other summoner spell.. I would out jungle you, out level you, out farm you, control dragon, control baron, and ultimately take your elo (that's assuming we were of equal skill level).