Minimap location

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

loveinabottle

Master Recruiter

08-26-2009

As many of the mainstream people playing this beta, I've been playing warcraft 3 before entering the state of seduction while playing LoL.

Now to the point, the minimap location is way off and really, it's hard, atleast for me who's used to having it bottom left, to keep map controll and for example, peek where my opponents might appear on it. Bottom right isn't suitable for the eyes, which is the main reason I'm typing this post. I know it fits the HUD and whatnot, but seriously it bothers me that it's positioned so awfully off.

It would be (atleast in my opinion) great if you were able to relocate the minimap or just solve the issue somehow.

Now, to my next complaint. The hero "icon" appearing on the minimap is way to large and hard to identify what's what. It might be a strategic move from your side of the view to make people use more skill to efficiently learn how to use the minimap and it's icons.
But I mean really, you've taken so many ideas and inputs from warcraft 3 already, woulnd't hurt to use their input on the matter.

Signed with love, loveinabottle

Almitt

Adjudicator

08-26-2009

singed AGAINST, i like the way it is now, its out of the way =)

the icon part though, i agree with, its a bit to big and it really dont have to be like that.

Arkaal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2009

I agree with Almitt, I like it better in the bottom right. As for hero icon size, I don't mind it all, though it wouldn't hurt to make them a little smaller.

Tritan

08-27-2009

It should absolutely be an option to switch the minimap to the left side.

If you disagree you're silly.

Orbach

08-27-2009

i totally agree that the minimap should be in the bottom left..
it's so annoying the way it is now!

Loctorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2009

You get used to it, really.

BrainStein

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
It should absolutely be an option to switch the minimap to the left side.

If you disagree you're silly.
silly is saying that, imo..

this is lol, not wc3, not blizzard..

different game, for someone who never played dota, the map being where it is makes no difference..

u just dont want to get used.. it seems..

it's good where it is, just get used to it ^^