Tips for Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ráisa

03-02-2010

Do you build your Catalyst into anything?

IMO, Banshee's is really good on Nasus. You should always build it. Frozen Heart + Merc Treads + Banshee's Veil + Aegis will give you very good defensive stats. Combined with Nasus' lifesteal, you should be very durable. Stark's is also a great item for Nasus, and can also take the place of Guardian Angel.

-----------------------

Yes exactly, i always turn catalyst into a banshees
must have got lost in my wall o text lol, but definatley always banshees after treads and sheen, ALWAYS. lol

Ráisa

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrenic View Post
I agree with Evo, you should max out SS later after taking one point in it.

Try a sunfire cape if you're having a hard time balancing tank and damage. I find it works really well with Nasus's ult.

If im not getting blown appart by the other teams casters i think im gonna try getting a sunfire cape instead of a frozen heart, that extra aoe dmg on top of my ult sounds like its a good idea/

MrQuiggles

03-03-2010

I'll throw in my two cents.

I tend to build Nasus as a dps just because when I try to tank with him the end result is me dying, but that might just be because Im not a very good tank, not because Nasus is bad in any way.

Anywho, I grab

1. Chalice
2. Merc Treads
3. Malady
4. Last Whisper
5. Infinity Edge

For the 6th item it all depends, but I would either grab another attack dmg item such as black cleaver, froz. mallet for the health, or sunfire cape to further dominate with your alt.

The one thing I think I need help with is determining which runes to buy for this build. Any suggestions?

TurkeyBaconSub

03-04-2010

Okay warmogs is not needed on Nasus ever.

Start with dorans shield and health pot x1
Work towards merc treads and aegis next
then comes sheen and frozen heart (sometimes i dont get frozen heart if the other team is AP heavy, use your best judgement)
if you are lucky enough to finish trinity force get it, people will cringe when you ult.
a red elixir or two is nice

baiting people into a bush of your choice where your team is is probably the only way you should truly initiate with Nasus. If there is no bush gank set up, wait for it to get hairy run in drop SF ult wither their carry and SS as many people as you can. You would be surprised how many times you can ace the opposing team playing Nasus this way.

PhuQPayMe

03-04-2010

You people saying nasus can't initiate don't know what the **** you are talking about. The only thing that would make him a bad initiator is the fact that the whole ****ing team runs from me when I go toward them.

If you build him as a tank and don't have Alistar or malphite on your team you should be initiating.

roninsm

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuQPayMe View Post
You people saying nasus can't initiate don't know what the **** you are talking about. The only thing that would make him a bad initiator is the fact that the whole ****ing team runs from me when I go toward them.

If you build him as a tank and don't have Alistar or malphite on your team you should be initiating.

No, you shouldn't. The thing that makes Nasus a bad initiator is that he has no initiating ability. An initiator needs to be able to close distance quickly (ie instantly) and disable all or part of the other team. Good initiators are people like malphite, alistar, fiddlesticks and to a lesser extent rammus. Alistar can flash and stun 2-3 of the other team. Malphite can ult and stun 2-3 of the other team from the same distance as flash. Rammus can powerball or flash in and taunt the carry (this disables flash). Nasus can also use flash to close the distance, but can't do anything from there. If you wither, the carry flashes out, or the entire team just focuses you and you die before your team can get there. If you ult, the other team just backs out, and you wasted your ult.

The point I am trying to make is that when an initiator flashes in, you need some way to shut down the other team's ability to escape, so your team can engage in a favorable way. With Nasus this doesn't happen. You can flash in, but the other team will just back out. Over 90% of the time the carry will have flash, so withering the carry isn't a reliable way to keep him there to die.

If the other team is running away whenever you run up, they are either baiting you, have no stuns, or are really really bad.

Ráisa

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
No, you shouldn't. The thing that makes Nasus a bad initiator is that he has no initiating ability. An initiator needs to be able to close distance quickly (ie instantly) and disable all or part of the other team. Good initiators are people like malphite, alistar, fiddlesticks and to a lesser extent rammus. Alistar can flash and stun 2-3 of the other team. Malphite can ult and stun 2-3 of the other team from the same distance as flash. Rammus can powerball or flash in and taunt the carry (this disables flash). Nasus can also use flash to close the distance, but can't do anything from there. If you wither, the carry flashes out, or the entire team just focuses you and you die before your team can get there. If you ult, the other team just backs out, and you wasted your ult.

The point I am trying to make is that when an initiator flashes in, you need some way to shut down the other team's ability to escape, so your team can engage in a favorable way. With Nasus this doesn't happen. You can flash in, but the other team will just back out. Over 90% of the time the carry will have flash, so withering the carry isn't a reliable way to keep him there to die.

If the other team is running away whenever you run up, they are either baiting you, have no stuns, or are really really bad.

OFT, ive stopped playing Nasus all together when i solo que, Nasus really shines when you have a good team supporting him, otherwise you cant really do much.

roninsm

03-04-2010

I've actually found Nasus to be one of the better solo queue champions. The reason being that he can fill the holes in just about any team. If you are short on DPS, he can provide. Short on tanks, he can provide. Short on AOE? Nasus has that too. So basically by learning to play one champion well you can play in (almost) any solo queue team composition.

Ráisa

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
I've actually found Nasus to be one of the better solo queue champions. The reason being that he can fill the holes in just about any team. If you are short on DPS, he can provide. Short on tanks, he can provide. Short on AOE? Nasus has that too. So basically by learning to play one champion well you can play in (almost) any solo queue team composition.

Well yes, that works when there only a few minor holes in the "team"
When i solo que i get ******s who lack complete common sense, the ability to read and undertsand simple concepts.

Example to make it a little more clear how bad most of the guys i get are,
I had a TF on my team once, he started with Vampyric sceptre, rushed a wardens mail, bought ninja tabis and boots of mobility, the whole time i was trying to point him the right direction item wise and trying to be as friendly as possible while doing so, and all he did was he kept reassuring me he knew what he was doing(his line was "i use to play DotA alot dont worry). He proceeded to go 1/23/0 before rage quitiing yelling at the other team for hacking -_-.

No matter how good you are, you cant carry that much fail, too much fail for one man to handle. Not even Locust could win a game with 4 guys like that lol