Tips for Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ráisa

03-02-2010

Ive been playing Nasus alot latley mostly as a tank, and a few ocasions as a carry (more of a carry tank hybird).

Ive been having some good success with my tank build and generally come out of games with great scores, but like with everything, there is always room for improvement.

For runes, i have
HP quints
MR reds
Dodge yellows
CDR blues

and for masteries i go to veteran scars in defense tree, and put the rest into support, taking imp ghost and blink, (ghost and blink being the 2 summoners i use)

Generaly i play the game with this skill build,
1. SS
2. Wither
3. SS
4.Spirit fire
5. SS
6. Ultimate
7. SS
8. spirit fire
9. SS
10. Spirit fire
11. Ultimate
12. Spirit fire
13. Wither
14. Spirit fire
15. Wither
16. Ultimate
17. Wither
18. Wither

And for items,
1. mana saphire + pots --> catalyst, after getting boots and sheen i turn this into a banshees
2. mercury treads or boots 3 if im not worried about CC (but cc is always a problem lol)
3. sheen
4. Ageis of the legion
then depending on what i need more, MR/AR
5. Frozen heart / force of nautre
6. Guardians angel

Gnerealy early game i really focus on last hitting with SS to get the bonus dmging stack, near the end of a game i usualy have 130+ bonus dmg on my SS. If the lane i get is has too much harrasment againts me and my partner ill take more spirit fire earlier, to keep as much gold flowing as possible. I usualy try to lane with someone with burst dmg or the carry that screwed out of middle so i take wither at level 2 to help them out with a slow, because lets face it lvl 1-5 is very little dmg for nasus.

At level 6 i help my teams carry gank, via popping ult+ghost+wither on whatever i want to die and just run at them, and continue with that + last hitting mobs for more SS bonus dmg till late game starts.

Late game is where i sometimes have a few problems, as the tank obviously i want the other team to focus me, and when they do, its pretty much GG for them we win. But im finding it more and more difficult to get the other team to focus me as i play more, i have tried working a little bit more dmg into my build via turning sheen into a trinity force and picking up a blood razor, but then i lose alot of my survivability and die a lot easier, ( i know im suppose to die since im the tank, but i need to live long enough for my ultimate to do some decent dmg before i get killed).

Any one have any sugestions as to what i can do to get a little more focused by the enemey team without having to give up alot of my surviveablity. Also anything else you can add to what i do in earlier phases of the game that might improve my game will be greatly appreciated too!
I really like Nasus, ive finnaly found someone i really enjoy playing, i just want the knowledge to be able to take it to the next level so i can keep enjoying playing this awesome hero.

Also, as a secondary question, as carry Nasus i find i either gotta still build tanky and not have that much dmg or go straight dmg be great 1v1 or even 2v1, but get completley obliterated in team fights, so any suggestions for that would be great too!

PS, i failed and called "Flash" "Blink" by accident lol, god **** world of warcraft

just call me evo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I'd like to throw you an idea for how I play nasus, on your skilling order:
SS
wither
SF
SF
SF
ult
from there on, ult>ss>sf>wither

reason being, level 3 sf is about the magic number to melt creep waves. you dont need to boost SS initially because of the greater mana cost -- just focus on farming up gold/dmg

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I agree with Evo, you should max out SS later after taking one point in it.

Try a sunfire cape if you're having a hard time balancing tank and damage. I find it works really well with Nasus's ult.

The Fat Battler

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorrrrrge View Post
Ive been playing Nasus alot latley mostly as a tank, and a few ocasions as a carry (more of a carry tank hybird).
Nasus IS a carry-tank hybrid, so you're not far off.

Quote:
Ive been having some good success with my tank build and generally come out of games with great scores, but like with everything, there is always room for improvement.

For runes, i have
HP quints
MR reds
Dodge yellows
CDR blues

and for masteries i go to veteran scars in defense tree, and put the rest into support, taking imp ghost and blink, (ghost and blink being the 2 summoners i use)
IMO, you should either change your yellows into HP to give yourself an extra 144 HP in the early game, or you should change your Quints to MR.

Quote:
Generaly i play the game with this skill build,
1. SS
2. Wither
3. SS
4.Spirit fire
5. SS
6. Ultimate
7. SS
8. spirit fire
9. SS
10. Spirit fire
11. Ultimate
12. Spirit fire
13. Wither
14. Spirit fire
15. Wither
16. Ultimate
17. Wither
18. Wither
Wither is a very, very powerful slow. You only need 1, maybe 2 points in SS early on. Get it last. Spirit Fire should be first priority to help you farm, no matter what Nas build you are using.

Quote:
And for items,
1. mana saphire + pots --> catalyst, after getting boots and sheen i turn this into a banshees
2. mercury treads or boots 3 if im not worried about CC (but cc is always a problem lol)
3. sheen
4. Ageis of the legion
then depending on what i need more, MR/AR
5. Frozen heart / force of nautre
6. Guardians angel
Do you build your Catalyst into anything?

IMO, Banshee's is really good on Nasus. You should always build it. Frozen Heart + Merc Treads + Banshee's Veil + Aegis will give you very good defensive stats. Combined with Nasus' lifesteal, you should be very durable. Stark's is also a great item for Nasus, and can also take the place of Guardian Angel.

Quote:
Late game is where i sometimes have a few problems, as the tank obviously i want the other team to focus me, and when they do, its pretty much GG for them we win. But im finding it more and more difficult to get the other team to focus me as i play more, i have tried working a little bit more dmg into my build via turning sheen into a trinity force and picking up a blood razor, but then i lose alot of my survivability and die a lot easier, ( i know im suppose to die since im the tank, but i need to live long enough for my ultimate to do some decent dmg before i get killed).

Any one have any sugestions as to what i can do to get a little more focused by the enemey team without having to give up alot of my surviveablity. Also anything else you can add to what i do in earlier phases of the game that might improve my game will be greatly appreciated too!
I really like Nasus, ive finnaly found someone i really enjoy playing, i just want the knowledge to be able to take it to the next level so i can keep enjoying playing this awesome hero.
Try running in with your ulti while typing "/all I'M A DAWG YEAH I'M A BEAST"

Just kidding. Sort of.

You have discovered that Nasus is really a "soft tank," and has a hard time initiating as a tank. He's really a very tanky DPS. To be honest, when I play Nasus as the team's tank, I have a hard time initiating, too.

Nasus really only initiates by running into enemy hands with his ulti with his pals behind him buffing him, and then Withering a squishy.

Quote:
Also, as a secondary question, as carry Nasus i find i either gotta still build tanky and not have that much dmg or go straight dmg be great 1v1 or even 2v1, but get completley obliterated in team fights, so any suggestions for that would be great too!
If you still need power as Tankus, then Atma's Impaler makes a great item.

Atma's, Banshee's, and Aegis make Nasus very tanky on their own, while Atma's gives him some good power from his naturally high HP, Banshee's, Aegis, and a Trinity Force.

Quote:
PS, i failed and called "Flash" "Blink" by accident lol, god **** world of warcraft
Eh, most people call Flash a Blink, and in fact, several characters have "Blinks," so Flash is just one Blink out of many.

Zero47

03-02-2010

Something you can try is playing Nasus offensively. Focus on DPS and get lifesteal to keep you alive, getting stunned will suck but I find I don´t get stunned that much anyhow. Personally I prefer Nasus as Tank/DPS carry, you'll basicly become a beast that can make any hero cry with his ultimate.

Zeero

03-02-2010

I find my self as the main tank on Nassus quite often and it is hard sometimes. I think he does a good job but it is hard to get people to focus on you. I find that running ahead of your team and dropping wither on one of their team is a good way to do it. Typically they will turn around to help that person and since you are already on them with SF down and your trigger finger on your ult they typically end up focusing on you.

The big problem with this form of initiation is that you can't save your wither for their twitch or similar DPS machine. I had a game where the ONE fight that I didn't have wither up to drop on their farmed twitch... we got aced and lost the game. Wither is HUGE in the late game.

This is one of the main reasons why toward the mid-late game I always make sure to farm the red golem buff whenever possible so that I can slow somebody without having to burn wither right away and I can save wither for the high DPS carry on the opposing team.

TrrZ

03-02-2010

red is nice but phage is also good
to kill caster creeps u need lvl 3 SF, but lvl 5 is much better since u have less chances on loosing gold

1 of the main things - late game make sure to get red elixir. trinity, banshee, potion and ult get u to almost 4k hp and u still hurt like hell

Zeero

03-02-2010

True, especially when I am the main tank of the team I burn through Red potions all game long. They help with your SS damage and the HP boost stacked with your ult makes a HUGE difference. I always forget to mention that I buy 3-5 red pots per game typically when I am tanking.

make progress

03-02-2010

i find that if u get a warmog then a trinity force you'll be tanky and dish out good dmg as well, because of your ult giving you 600 hp u dont need more tank items other than a warmog imo and focus more on dps/lifesteal

roninsm

03-02-2010

RULE #1 OF INITIATING WITH NASUS: Don't initiate with Nasus.

It's that simple.