How to become godlike at Karthus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evandrus

04-23-2011

What the original poster was trying to say is just try your luck at killing people as a regular caster. Karthus is my main. I normally don't lose games with him. The reasons for this are many. A: my build choices. B: my early game dominance. C: late game dominance. D: summoner spells. When I face karthus players I normally always beat them 1v1. That's because they always make horrible mistakes. I am on my break so I can't say much yet about how i play, but tonight I will go more in depth about why most other people suck as karth and why they should listen to what I have to say. Till then GL nubs.

Degnared

04-23-2011

An interesting idea. One of the reasons that Karthus is so powerful is the "sloppy factor" from his ult. You and your teammates get to negate a near escape from an enemy whenever it's off cooldown, making it very easy for Karthus to get fed. And since NO ONE does more AoE damage in a teamfight than a fed Karthus, the result, assuming reasonably equal skill from both teams, is Karthus's team winning. The downside to all of this is that players use his ult as a crutch. If you don't NEED to land those lay wastes, then you won't get better at it as quickly forcing yourself to rely on the ability that you should be relying on anyway is a good way to get better.

One suggestion to make this better for your teammates: don't ult-kill your lane opponent, but continue to use his ult to render assistance in other lanes. Note that this doesn't just mean securing near-kills. Start casting it at right as a gank starts, either for your team or against it: it can demoralize the gankee, or save your teammates life.

TooStronkadonk

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolis View Post
KSing on a Mejai's stacking Karthus is good for your team. Not only everyone gets more gold, but also your main ap carry - Karthus - gets the stacks up faster.
Wrong.
Becoming a better player is two things predominantly.

1. Frustration
2. Playing with a disadvantage

By not being able to use [R](not skilling it), you will be frustrated when they get away with 1hp.
By not taking the kill, you will be disadvantaged in terms of gold.

The point of this thread isn't to make you win with karthus, it's to exponentially become a better player. You will lose, because you didn't use [R], you will be frustrated... but the important thing is... you will be a better player by the end.