How to become godlike at Karthus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TooStronkadonk

04-22-2011

This is assuming you're already a decent Karthus player.

Play games with him as you would regularly. Except, pretend that you have no such skill as [R].
Even if they manage to get away with one bar of hp, don't use [R], just blame it on your lack of skills with landing your lay wastes.

The first few games you will do bad, after that, you'll start to do better, but probably still below average.
After you finally start getting back to the level you were approximately at before... which could be anywhere from 3-12 games, depending on how fast of a learner you are...

start using [R] again.

watch yourself 1v5 carry entire games.

TheFaithful

04-23-2011

As much as I like this idea it won't work. If the people are given the chance to use R, they WILL use it.

TooStronkadonk

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFaithful View Post
As much as I like this idea it won't work. If the people are given the chance to use R, they WILL use it.
Don't skill it.

TooStronkadonk

04-23-2011

aw got downvoted hahaha

Booterang

04-23-2011

raises a fair point. Its all about those lay wastes, not his R skill. Karthus is acutally very difficult to play.

FiddleCliff

04-23-2011

but the part of playing karthus is his ability to kill that guy in the other lane that thinks they are getting away, hitting everyone on the other team for 600 damage just as the team fight starts..... your R is what makes karthus the team player not so much his Q that just owns his lane.

saixx

04-23-2011

I had a game the other day where I went 15 kills and 15 assists. We got a good laugh because none of those kills were my ulti. They kept being killed before it went off or I used it to nuke them for team to finish. I am very big on not being ks karthus. I like my 800 AP and uber aoe damage, ulti can take half a squishies hp (about 1200-1300 before MR.)

Easy way to tell good karthus from bad.
You're top, you and jungler are fighting an enemy and he's 1/5 hp...you see the mark above his head. Yep you got it, bad karth. You wuld've killed w.o him and he just wanted to try to ks, you may even kill before he gets the ks lolz.

Your topside, your jungler just attempted a gank but they got away with 1/10hp and are now tower hugging or more likely running further than turret you see karth ulting. Good karth good. Dont make your jungler gank and tops effort go to waste.

Another baddie karth thing "I do more damage to them dead so I can just run in and suicide." ...no, you do more damage to them alive than the 8 seconds you are around after death, 3 of which is usually a wasteful ulti and all of it wasted against smart chars that move out of defile. You have a fixed range after death thats easy to avoid, your far more useful alive.

sorry for grammar/spelling, I'm typing while working

Kuryaka

04-23-2011

Karth is pretty dangerous when played right - Lay Waste does surprising amounts of damage especially with distracted opponents. Played against Karth, his ulti was dealing 500 damage to me. As Rammus. Barely managed to beat him 1v1 because he just popped Defile and spammed Lay Waste to keep up with my autoattacks + tremors.

His ult is more for use when the enemy TEAM is needing a good killing after limping away from a teamfight. Even if you don't kill them, they can't push for a looong time.

Aeolis

04-23-2011

KSing on a Mejai's stacking Karthus is good for your team. Not only everyone gets more gold, but also your main ap carry - Karthus - gets the stacks up faster.

saixx

04-23-2011

Aeolis you are a bad karth. I hear all the time, me getting fed will win us the game!!! Cool you think you rushing in dying and ulting getting 3 kills while your teamdies from your stupidity is great. You get lots of gold, they get a bit of assist gold from you ksing them...and they push down two towers and an inhib. Your ally is gimped hardcore the gold they shouldve got from the kills they earned that you stole over and over. But hey you've had maxed gold for the last 10 minutes while theyre half complete. You need that 4k burning in your pocket with 6 items and all 4 elixers.
You are really helping your team since you can knock out 2-3 people each fight, as they wreck your team and kill you the only person with any money on your team since your weakened teammates cant keep them off you.

as always, working while i type this. Sorry for spelling/grammar