Ashe Viability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flubbz

03-02-2010

I see a lot of the tier lists having Ashe listed at either barely viable or subpar, and kind of curious why. Nidalee is my most played, and I generally have fantastic kill/death ratios on her(a factor of being a great early game ganker and cleanup hero) And she definitely impacts games a lot, but I win a much larger amount of my games when I play Ashe.

Personally the CC and ranged aoe I can bring to the group help carry games for me more often than playing the better cleanup/ganker. I look at people like furors page and see 10 straight Ashe wins etc, so I'm curious why she doesn't get much love.

What are other peoples feelings on Ashe's power level in mid and in high elo settings?

Malduk

03-02-2010

She brings some utility, but she has about half the DPS output of Tristana for example.
I'd say she's somewhat viable in fast games where no one gets fed or manages to farm up enough money, AND in complete noob games as she's quite straightforward to play.
For anything in between, she's just weak.

I8C SRS FACE

03-02-2010

Tier lists are made by a bunch of pimple-faced fat guys with nothing better to do.

Ashe is a ranged carry. She hits like a truck if you build her to hit like a truck, and she brings in team fight utility with mass slows and one of the best stuns/initiators in the game in her ult.

Malduk

03-02-2010

Everyone hits like a truck if you build them to hit like a truck. Its just that some others will always hit better.
Example, Tristana has better damage output than Ashe without skills. But then, Tristana also has Rapid Shot that makes her shoot 90% faster. Soooo... If Ashe hits like a truck, Tristana hits like two trucks?

Detha

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8C SRS FACE View Post
Tier lists are made by high to top tier players to which it actually makes a difference whether a certain champion is just good or the best

Ashe is a ranged carry. She hits like a car if you build her to hit like a truck, and she brings in team fight utility with some weak slows and a stun in her ult.
Fixed.

Ashe is generally a low tier champion, and she should be. Ashe is, by far, the easiest champion to learn and master in-game, with the only slight skill required being her skill shot. That being said, she's fine for low to mid tier play, simply because it is so easy to play at high tier level using her, but she falls short at high-top tier as other carries simply bring much more to the table. Odds are you don't play at a high tier level though, in which case you can do well with every champion, so don't worry about it and pick Ashe if you like her.

Cleo

03-02-2010

Ashe is really only a support DPS. She's very lacking in comparison to any carries, as she has no skills that make her a good carry. I've only seen her do good as an assistant, stunning and slowing while pulling a small amount of DPS to help the carries get gold.

Flubbz

03-02-2010

Well I win a good bit more than I lose, and would like to start playing more seriously and move from mid to high elo, hence my question. But like I said, I just find it easier to determine the outcome of games on her due to having solid ranged dps and well-timed cc for teamfigts as opposed to being forced into caster form for a good portion of them due to being a squishy melee that would get cc'd and focused if you went in.

I would like to focus on 1-2 chars and play them every game instead of going between lots of chars as I do now. Ashe, Sivir, Shaco seem to be the ones that I feel like give me the most control over the games I play (Which I admit about 50% of are solo q). I have tons of IP saved up and can buy whatever runes/heroes I want so maybe theres something I haven't unlocked yet which would be a good fit for me, if anyone has ideas.

Furor

03-02-2010

Ashe is viable provided that you: kite really well, have exceptional map awareness, can hit 90%+ of your ECA including across the map, can survive mid without dying against a plethora of mostly-better solos (where mid and late game your pacifism turns into control, and control into wins), and that you have a decent supporting cast. She's not quite good enough to be a "primary" carry. She's best suited to a role as Support Carry, IE, she either needs to team up with a Primary Carry or another Support Carry (like Sivir).

Over the past month or so of me deciding to choose Ashe as my main after my long run as Kat, I've proven yet again that a champion that was largely seen as useless and easily countered, with enough skill, can become quite dominant. High/Top Tier is now resembling Mid/Low tier with a varied assortment of players trying out Ashe. We used to never see her, now she's frequently played.

To those thinking she's "lol easy to play easy to master", think again. She's probably the hardest carry to do extremely well with, because she has no escape. Hence, she's almost completely reliant on positioning, kiting, and awareness. Oh, and Plentiful Bounty is useless. One of these days, this ability will be changed, and likely with it Ashe will become an even better champ. So she's one of the few carries that should actually be slated for a buff, rather than a nerf.

She doesn't get much love because the perception since beta has been that she's an easymode champion that falls off after the Mid Elo range. In many cases, these ignorant perceptions are more powerful than reality. While such perceptions should be taken into account, do not overvalue the assumptions of a few. Very few, nay, nobody currently playing the game has a complete understanding of the ins and outs of every champion. It's best that you prove for yourself whether or not something is viable than to go entirely by public opinion on the matter.