Should there be a limit on the number of Identical Summoner Spells a team can pick?

Yes. 2 or 3. 2 66.67%
No, just make it so that chain stuns/exhausts are only 50% effective. 0 0%
Neither of the above. 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Balance summoner spells petition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vvolfster

03-02-2010

Alright, so I was just in a game against a team that had 5 exhausts and a teemo. We had 2 dpsers, one ranged and one melee. 1 tank and 2 casters. Everytime we would go in a teamfight, our dpsers were immediately exhausted. They cleansed, hoping to do some damage now. Oh, wait. Another exhaust. K, must make it thru the 4 seconds. Alright, alive with half HP left, can do some damage now and can steal some health back. Oh no, wait for it, wait for it, another exhaust. Dead.

It was just horrendous. 2 of our 5 teammates were completely worthless. They had a mundo and though we bought an exe calling on our dpsers, we could never hit anything because:

1) Exe calling sucks ass now.
2) Dpsers were always exhausted.

Therefore, here's my solution to this problem that makes melee carries a joke.

Put a LIMIT on the number of identical summoner spells that a team can pick. Basically, a team should not be allowed to run 5 exhausts. 2, I feel is more than enough. 3 if you guys disagree.

The limit will solve the problem with PROMOTE being overpowered. 2 promotes wouldnt be anything game breaking. 2 Flashes wouldnt be as annoying as 5.

Of course, we could have different limits for different spells as agreed per consensus of the community.

But this is my proposition so some champions are not completely countered. The only other thing I can think of could be something like that related to all CC and exhausts, etc. If the same target is stunned/exhausted in a row, the next CC/Exhaust will only be half the duration on him/her.

JayceJa

03-02-2010

picking 5 exhausts means they dont have 5 heals, or 5 flashes, its all a choice with trade offs

also, 5 summoner spells slots, half their summoner spells, to deal with less than half your team, seems around fair

vvolfster

03-02-2010

No one picks heal nowadays anyway btw. Most of them did have flash. Some were running ghost instead. There are only a few summoner spells I see nowadays.

Flash, in every game. On more than 2 people at least.
Ignite, varies from 2-5.
Exhaust, varies from 2-5.

Ghost, varies from 1-2.
Cleanse, usually 1 or 2 at the most.

Clarity, less rarer than heal.
Clairvoyance, rarer than clarity but less rare than Heal.

Heal, only good on healers for the extra help to the team from it.

It really isn't fair that a bunch of summoner spells can completely disable 2 people on your team for the entire game. It would be fair if there was a anti-mage counterpart as well. Oh wait, there was. It was called cleanse before it got nerfed to being **** again. Try running around as shaco/trynd/yi/jax/teemo/ashe/sivir/twitch/etc etc when they have 5 exhausts on their team.

JayceJa

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvolfster View Post
Try running around as shaco/trynd/yi/jax/teemo/ashe/sivir/twitch/etc etc when they have 5 exhausts on their team.
try running around with 5 exhausts and getting gimped by casters, stacking exhaust has a trade off, no real different to 5 of them getting a banshees to counter casters

and 5 exhausts is not really any better than 5 times the strength of 1 exhaust, unlike promote, or old heal, which the usefulness of stacking was too strong hence the changes(and removal of promote)
therefore, its not the stacking of it thats a problem, if anything, its exhaust itself that needs nerfing

vvolfster

03-02-2010

1 volley, all banshee's gone :P 5 exhausts is ridiculous. It makes so many champions worthless. You're right though, exhaust itself is a very powerful summoner spell. It makes Dpsers do 0 damage for 4 seconds. Anything like that for casters? No. Cleanse will not make you immune to damage but only remove a stun. In other words, you can not cleanse fiddle's ult, viegar's ult, ryze's ult, etc etc. Maybe they should put in a 2 second silence spell.